I got in to photography in 2008 with a desire to take better photographs and capture my young son as he grew up. It was during 2009 that I bought a tripod and some filters with a view to working harder on producing some decent landscape images.
Along the way I've worked through Nikon equipment, up to the full frame D700 but for ultimate quality and resolution I sold everything and bought a Canon 5D mkII in early 2010 and this is what I currently work with.
I aim to capture the land and coast with the best light at either end of the day, with varying degrees of success but never a lack of enthusiasm.
My work has been published in national newspapers, books, magazines, greetings cards etc and is available for license upon request.
I look forward to every shoot, you never stop learning and I always feel my best work is only a shot away, it is a constant aim to try and realise that dream.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my work, any comments and thoughts are always welcome and constructive feedback is warmly received.
I'm a happily married father of two young boys, photography gets me out and about but they always draw me back home.
- LEE Filters 28,823 photos, 2,669 members
- M42 Lenses and DSLR's 43,768 photos, 3,015 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 62,990 photos, 4,361 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,708,067 photos, 136,733 members
- *ABW* Gallery ~ by invitation only 1,079 photos, 1,402 members
- Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 L 5,394 photos, 830 members
- ND110 20,411 photos, 2,437 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 593,218 photos, 23,330 members
- Luminous Landscapes 8,831 photos, 1,423 members
- National Trust 55,602 photos, 4,539 members
- The British Countryside 260,367 photos, 7,076 members
- UK Landscapes, Sea and Country. 180,395 photos, 6,113 members
- Nikon D700 267,759 photos, 14,235 members
- Nikon AF-S 17-35 /-55 mm f/2.8D 18,884 photos, 1,645 members
- Adobe Lightroom 22,463 photos, 22,174 members
- Beach Photography 424,171 photos, 60,796 members
- Cornwall 80,774 photos, 4,513 members
- Bodiam Castle 745 photos, 162 members
- British Museum 10,933 photos, 1,394 members
- CityScape 500,121 photos, 18,943 members
- Nikon D200/D300 Users 324,685 photos, 11,892 members
- Urban Night Shots 203,429 photos, 14,561 members
- REFLECTIONS / DISTORTIONS 236,023 photos, 18,873 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 483,446 photos, 31,779 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 336,383 photos, 25,679 members
- nighthawks 268,935 photos, 18,602 members
- PhotoShop 99,051 photos, 17,248 members
- Night Lights 549,663 photos, 51,996 members
- Buildings/Architecture 904,975 photos, 34,691 members
- Long Exposure 550,387 photos, 52,095 members
- Catchy Colors 3,275,931 photos, 114,944 members
- London 761,131 photos, 32,695 members
- Compositions 278,862 photos, 9,268 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 306,855 photos, 10,667 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 677,366 photos, 32,055 members
- Aperture Users 303,190 photos, 11,208 members
- fisheye fanatics 84,130 photos, 8,415 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 314,439 photos, 19,208 members
- FishEye 130,655 photos, 13,030 members
- Nikon 10.5mm 13,618 photos, 1,150 members
- Nikkor 194,464 photos, 9,023 members
- Landscape 816,747 photos, 74,580 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 893,718 photos, 47,634 members
- Reflections 508,399 photos, 45,000 members
- Strobist.com 582,518 photos, 116,239 members
- Pocket Wizards 28,548 photos, 4,041 members
- Formula Drift 5,822 photos, 331 members
- Deliberate Motion Blur: The Best of the Movers and Shakers! 23,431 photos, 2,691 members
- Japanese Car and Motorcycle Performance 36,752 photos, 3,063 members
- Flickr Automotive 211,574 photos, 5,390 members
tom hills doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- tom hills
- January 2008
- Ashford, England
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Roof Tiler/Slater