tomhide is a short for Thomas Hideyo Aylett
Thanks for stopping by!
If you are here because I've faved your photo, please know that I think your photo is awesome and bookmarking it reminds me to revisit your work. :)
Waaaaaaaait! Before sending me a flickr mail - please see below.
A note about the images:
Please be advised the photos I take are copyrighted to me and they are only intended to be an enjoyment of viewing for my family, friends and anyone else visiting my photostream only. My photos are not intended to be used for anything else.
In response to some requests, my photos are not for sale, publications (web or magazine) or use for any other purpose. The photos may not be copied, reproduced, redistributed, manipulated, projected, used or altered in any way.
Please refrain from seeking permission to use or purchase the photos and please do not be offended if I don't reply to such requests as some are offended by refusal and I can't be bothered dealing with any BS.
My apologies if I come across harsh but previous experiences has led me to write this boring notice. I'm sure some of you will know what I mean.
I suggest anyone looking for images for their own use to consider purchasing them from the professionals or through Flickr collection on Getty Images where you'll be able to support the photographer/artist through your purchases.
Never really had any use for this but nowadays I often use it for people who uses the "Photo of contact" with any other than the person listed popping up on my flickr homepage. I think the "Photo of contact" is such a cool feature but it's a shame it's been misused by some...
After years of sharing with everyone, I decided to limit this to the contact only after finding my photos at various places that are business oriented or self promotion sites without my permission and encounters with some unpleasant people who can't accept "no" for an answer for freebie requests.
I don't make a dime out of my photos, yet I don't understand how some people feel they are entitled to use my photos for their own gain...
Equipment: (I've decided to add these information and group my photos by equipment as I personally find it helpful to know what equipment others were using for their work.)
Canon 30D - Brilliant crop sensor camera. Still going strong today.
Canon 5D - What can I say... Any owner will tell you how good this is. I absolutely love this camera and this will stay with me for a long time.
Canon 5D2 - Mixed feelings about this... The additional features are nice but hard to say I like this better than the original 5D.
Fujifilm X100 - One word: "Awesome". I absolutely love this camera! One thing I've noticed about this camera is amount of people's opinion for it. It's rather amusing seeing some people whine about it. If you want to know what this camera is about, just do a quick search on Flickr and judge the result for yourself.
Sigma DP1 - Unpredictable little camera. Sometimes love it, sometimes I hate it. Some photos that comes out of this little thing looks better than my Canon DSLRs but other times, it'll remind me that it's only a P&S camera.
Nikon F2A Photomic - Given to me as a gift. I haven't really shot much with it but this thing is beautiful to even just look at and it is old as me! I look no where as well kept as this at 30+ years old. Pity they don't make the camera this solid and beautiful anymore. Oh, and 'in my opinion' photo made out of film looks so much nicer than the digital in terms of art work. I really admire many of the film shooters and their work.
Lenses - A couple of Canon lenses which I am very happy with them all. I'd recommend them to my friends and family.
- EF 17-40mm f/4L USM <<< Brilliant wide angle!
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
- EF 50mm f/1.2L USM <<< wished this was the same size as the f1.4 ver.
- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM <<< IMO, good as the f1.2 ver but lacks in build quality.
- EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM <<< SHARP
- EF 135mm f/2L USM <<< Great bokeh when shooting wide open.
Sydney Sandstorm - Featured on 'Yahoo Germany's 2009 top searches - Flickr momente
Sydney Sandstorm - Featured on BBC TV Documentary - Nature's Weirdest Events 2012
QM2 and a Tugboat - 1st place of "Mission of the month Comp theme, Silhouette" 'Digital Camera Magazine - 07' Sept Issue
Subaru Forester XT: Gets me to all the nice photographic locations. Really makes the journey comfortable and fun!
Trek 8500: When I'm not driving. :)
Photos of tomhide (6)
- Vivid Sydney 2012 1,966 photos, 247 members
- Fuji X100 99,268 photos, 7,070 members
- MyFun Australia 28 photos, 47 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,235 photos, 23,559 members
- 1000 Faves 80 photos, 93 members
- Subaru 24,539 photos, 3,069 members
- 2009 Subaru Forester 282 photos, 33 members
- Earth Hour 2010 3,937 photos, 1,434 members
- Self Taught Photographers 1,209,488 photos, 51,165 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,849 photos, 19,449 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,629 photos, 1,205 members
- 1.000+ Faves 203 photos, 142 members
- Mountain Bike! 47,838 photos, 4,327 members
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM 35,486 photos, 3,749 members
- Sekonic Light Meter 3,837 photos, 1,016 members
- Sigma DP1 17,842 photos, 664 members
- Sigma DP1 Camera 39,719 photos, 2,177 members
- DSLR Canon 30D 20,813 photos, 773 members
- Fine Art Landscapes - Invited Work Only 77 photos, 38 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,531 photos, 5,085 members
- This is Australia 363 photos, 166 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 847,486 photos, 44,312 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 372,627 photos, 17,059 members
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. 129,091 photos, 11,750 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 820,708 photos, 51,831 members
- Kiama Trip (13 October 2007) 7 photos, 4 members
- My Australia 129,501 photos, 3,393 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,846 photos, 13,340 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 245,683 photos, 30,169 members
- Colour Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=- (Colours ONLY) 370,901 photos, 25,653 members
- DFC - *all about Digital, Film, Cameras, Lenses & Friends! 42,477 photos, 2,401 members
- FOCUS LEGACY / INVITATION ONLY or 20+ favs /Post 1-Award 3 / 12,473 photos, 3,781 members
- Coastal Australia 4,559 photos, 403 members
- Terra Australis - Great Australian photography 22 photos, 24 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,208 photos, 7,838 members
- art of landscape 2,128 photos, 14,176 members
- Uà sì Gruosss!!! 1,873 photos, 476 members
- Australian Elite Images (50+views, 10+faves) 5,456 photos, 374 members
- You Think this is Art 1,194,996 photos, 56,712 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) - TIME TO VOTE!! 331,307 photos, 23,999 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,199,986 photos, 78,954 members
- FlickrsBest the original 88,737 photos, 14,775 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 294,035 photos, 29,713 members
- 07_07_07 8,192 photos, 5,040 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,451 photos, 17,984 members
- Views: 1000 25,300 photos, 11,027 members
- Oneness – Labyrinth 47,823 photos, 4,832 members
- Irresistible Beauty - Invited photos only 14,361 photos, 3,519 members
- *ABW* Gallery ~ by invitation only 1,090 photos, 1,411 members
- >>> ULTRASELECTED <<< 451 photos, 113 members
"The ultimate union of technique and "the eye"............one of my earliest experiences of AWE on Flickr, and still a pinnacle of achievement in my book.
Tom, just keep on keeping on. The world's a better place with these images in it."
29th February, 2008
Linda [ o ]* photography says:
"Thanks, Tom, for your wonderful photos and all the kindness!!! Your photos are always stunning and watching your photostream is pure joy! And your comments are always so nice! Keep it up the way you do, it is greatly appreciated!! :)"
7th October, 2007
"Tom work was never boring, but i enjoy watching him improve day by day. How does an expert improve? He/she moves the bar... and i do believe that Tom has done just that :) an inspiration to myself and so many others. Tom gives me my daily dose of my home town of sydney, and one day, i better come down and join him and oat on a trip to the northern beaches for an early morning session :)
Good onyas mate :)"
3rd July, 2007
"All I can say is 'wow'. I've only just added Tom as a contact and am completely taken away by his photos. The quality, composition and colours - all perfect. Keep it up!"
5th June, 2007
"Stunning work. I seem to always be drawn to his images in my contacts list, and then see "tomhide". Every image is a pleasure to see, most are instant favs."
14th May, 2007
- Thomas Aylett
- October 2006
- Fukuoka, Japan
- Sydney, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Thomas Aylett Photography