All the photos on my portfolio are available for sale. Email me @ email@example.com
I am available for portrait and wedding photo shoots and you can check my availability @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Flickr version - Interestingness
"Interestingness" factor by Flickr
Twitter version - 140 characters
I love photographing. I am a good photographer. I like flickr. You, fellow flickr friends, inspire me to do better. Have a good life
My name is Thiru, shortly you can call me as "Thirumurugan". I eat, sleep and breathe photography, if you have not guessed it by now.
As a kid, I used to admire photographs from national geographic magazines, movie posters and school books. I loved the way the pictures froze those moments for eternity. I, too wanted to learn photography and dreamt of shooting such great pictures. You may not believe this but, I have never even owned a camera until the age 27 (Year 2005).
Back then, the world was so cruel to those who wanted to experiment with cameras to learn photography. My friends, usually will pluck the camera from me, saying that I had 'already wasted' three shots in the film roll with pictures of cow, leaf or plain wall. In one of those unlucky days, I pledged to myself(!) that ONE FINE DAY at any cost, I would shoot spectacular photos and become a spectacularly famous photographer.
I had to wait until I reached Adelaide (Australia), to get my hands on a digital camera (Courtesy: Abrar and Anand who lent their cameras with no questions asked. No one worried about film rolls anymore and you can instantly review, delete or edit your pictures, pure bliss for a kid who wanted to learn photography. In the digital world, my learning curve become steep. First 500 (or say 1000) pictures that I shot were absolute craps, (you can view them in flickr stream) still. When I decided to rest the camera for a while, I shot a good picture which was appreciated by my flickr mates. Then, I was right on path again shooting photographs without worrying about 'criticisms'.
Flickr helped me a lot. The flickr community is awesome. My flickr friends are good at patting your back when you take good photos, provide constructive feedbacks and they made me as a photographer in the last 2 years. That's why I tell you to join flickr (it's free).
Thankfully, my lovely wife "Devi" has shown keen interest in photography and we are enjoying our photographic outings together. Here is Devi's own photostream
My favourite photographers include a long list. You can view my favourite photographs at my flickr stream.
Wanna talk? Drop me a line at email@example.com
All the photos in my Flickr photostream are copyrighted, so do not use it for any personal, non-commercial or commercial use. For personal use or non-commercial use, you could write a Flickr Mail to get my permission. I sell my photos to purchase more photographic equipments and pay my bills. If you want to get a full-resolution image of a photo in my flickr photo stream, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some blog posts that I have written for flickr users:
Flickr Hacks:5 Tips get into "Flickr Explore" page!
I started the group "SA Central, and it has a great collection of images of South Australia. It is a place where I met a fantastic, loving bunch of photographers who showed me some beautiful places to photograph in South Australia.
Canon 50D - good DSLR to get started with; happy about the choice
Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM lens - satisfied with the high quality.
Canon 18-55mm IS F3.5-4.5 Lens - it's an awesome lens for it's price, I love it
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM - best lens for portrait. sharpest image; soft, milky blurs.
Canon Speedlite 430 EX II flash - Still getting used to off-camera lighting
Holga UV Filter - as a protection for lenses
Holga Circular polarising filter - for landscape shots
Neutral Density 8 filter - for milky waterfall shots
Circular Graduated ND filter - for landscape shots
Photix Wireless Remote
Softbox & White umbrella
Wireless Trigger for Canon 430EXII
Canon 5D Mark II (with my photo sales/earnings)
Canon 10-20mm (after Canon 5D)
Manfrotto O55X Tripod
Photos of Thiru Murugan (9)
- Brisbane Meetup 3,054 photos, 838 members
- Brisbane Bird photography 14,985 photos, 625 members
- Brisbane Amateur Photographers 40,593 photos, 1,018 members
- Brisbane 18,753 photos, 970 members
- Brisbanites: Brisbane Photos 45,579 photos, 2,465 members
- Lightscoop Users 1,688 photos, 1,058 members
- Blurb Books 2,545 photos, 6,492 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 28,041 photos, 3,841 members
- Hello, India! 830 photos, 2,376 members
- Melbourne 145,695 photos, 6,873 members
- 35mm portrait 1,605 photos, 595 members
- SA Photography 10,554 photos, 133 members
- Melbourne Models 1,755 photos, 387 members
- We call it Madras 349 photos, 52 members
- ✿Flowers!✿ 128,057 photos, 8,729 members
- CreativeCultures 882 photos, 161 members
- a diverse society 4,165 photos, 890 members
- iPhone in India 79 photos, 33 members
- Indian Villages ( Rural India ) 9,502 photos, 887 members
- ~Indian Street Photography~ 26,074 photos, 1,693 members
- Victoria's place in Australia 6,137 photos, 113 members
- Hamilton, Victoria Photographers 26 photos, 6 members
- "IQ" - Image Quality 212,635 photos, 7,760 members
- Be Honest. (1 comment per post) 551 photos, 176 members
- kata 236 photos, 307 members
- Victoria, Australia 58,847 photos, 1,674 members
- Great Photo(please add tag"great photo" 4,694 photos, 850 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 553 photos, 284 members
- Colour n Expressions....Post 01....Award 01 !! 2,751 photos, 362 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 78,964 photos, 5,177 members
- Clipsal500 Adelaide 1,216 photos, 52 members
- Brushfruit 358 photos, 391 members
- Australian Macro Photography 6,046 photos, 288 members
- La Terre vue du Ciel / Earth from above 2,132 photos, 364 members
- Chennai 22,125 photos, 1,050 members
- tamil 6,083 photos, 359 members
- Great British Landscapes (No buildings, boats, people or animals 40,665 photos, 2,457 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,124,997 photos, 73,192 members
- Point, Shoot and Earn 20 photos, 6 members
- Airways 1,606 photos, 252 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 369,538 photos, 50,392 members
- Social Geographic 11,808 photos, 1,297 members
- the glitch 0 photos, 278 members
- Things I Baked 13,437 photos, 792 members
- SAHA (South Australian Heritage Architecture) 341 photos, 34 members
- Waldo 88 photos, 109 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 35,240 photos, 14,419 members
- Wollongong Central 36 photos, 12 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,837 photos, 39,375 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,581 photos, 2,472 members
Yogeesh Jayaramu says:
"THIRU IS AN EXTREMELY TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER ... HIS WORK IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAS ITS OWN SPECIAL TOUCH .
THIRU IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS HAS THIS UNIQUE PERSONALITY THAT MAKES HIM STAND OUT FROM OTHERS. WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN PHOTOGRAPHY AND IN HIS LIFE AS WELL"
22nd September, 2009
- Thirumurugan P
- June 2005
- Perth, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Kalpa Photography
- thirukalpa [at] gmail.com