very serious. not really. flickr for fun!
Please ask to use my images. non profit use only.
zero bully tolerance
Some of my images are now licensed to Getty Images, so you better ask before you use.
- Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 3,155 photos, 131 members
- YYCPhoto 2,893 photos, 317 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,269 photos, 1,307 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 118,839 photos, 8,294 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 26,116 photos, 2,184 members
- Impossible Project PX680 film 8,512 photos, 788 members
- OpenFile Calgary 156 photos, 47 members
- Enjoy Instax Life 766 photos, 87 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,810 photos, 22,991 members
- October 10, 2010 1,817 photos, 2,531 members
- bicycle.dreamin' 455 photos, 93 members
- Grand Canyon 25,768 photos, 4,551 members
- Diana Mini 40,277 photos, 4,385 members
- Alberta Panoramic Images 430 photos, 37 members
- Olympus E-P1 - The Digital PEN 35,063 photos, 1,460 members
- The Alberta Landscape 7,405 photos, 436 members
- Alberta 76,564 photos, 1,579 members
- What I Wore Today (drawings only!) 5,242 photos, 3,337 members
- Banff National Park 9,856 photos, 1,266 members
- sfgirlbybay 17,019 photos, 1,084 members
- Cycle Chic® - The Official Flickr Group 6,151 photos, 259 members
- Today is My Birthday (1 photo / year. Of you. On your Birthday) 176 photos, 127 members
- Shutter Sisters 405,270 photos, 12,405 members
- Polaroid 275,370 photos, 26,337 members
- Rollei 35 23,665 photos, 2,864 members
- nerdgasm 972 photos, 93 members
- Gluten-Free Fun 7,302 photos, 687 members
- hiking kananaskis 1,159 photos, 83 members
- Grasslands National Park 473 photos, 32 members
- Blythe in braids and ponytails! 3,017 photos, 262 members
- Blythe Magazine 8,691 photos, 275 members
- Hasselblad 234,826 photos, 11,597 members
- Blythe Doll - Kenner Brunettes 6,007 photos, 470 members
- Blythe Blythe Blythe! 210,714 photos, 5,985 members
- Picnikers - closed 130,706 photos, 10,080 members
- Interior Design 71,642 photos, 9,849 members
- Entitled 11,396 photos, 1,981 members
- Headless à la 10cent 56 photos, 24 members
- The Director of Photography - Video only- 1,090 photos, 434 members
- Amazing Alberta 66,152 photos, 1,869 members
- Holgagraphy 162,445 photos, 16,455 members
- 1945 to 1973 Mid-Century, Modern Interiors 20,642 photos, 5,349 members
- Holga 250,719 photos, 19,401 members
- Calgary Flickrmeets 3,606 photos, 528 members
- the toque club 106 photos, 81 members
- sockmonkey 3,268 photos, 596 members
- It's a girl thing 73,618 photos, 4,742 members
- I Like Grass 10,802 photos, 2,238 members
- migraine 874 photos, 203 members
- Interiors 40,158 photos, 3,389 members
"what else is there to say about 10¢ other than I love her creativity and fine decorating skills. just awesome. I truly can't wait to hang with her. really truly. I can make gluten-free stuff for her too. mmmm."
5th August, 2008
"Lori kills me.
And it hurts."
29th July, 2008
bokeh burger says:
"this lady is an inspiration! flickr is lucky to have her."
25th June, 2008
"Intelligent, funny, a lot of poetry, always a pleasure, what else ? I love it !"
24th June, 2008
"I love your creativeness, your design and the way you take photos of yourself...
I look so forward to seeing your stream each day!
Your photos are BRILLIANT!!!
Many blessings & happiness to you always..."
13th May, 2008
"Ten cent designer is stylish and tasteful and takes beautiful, crisp, colorful photographs. But, best of all, Ten has a terrific sense of humor. I visit her stream to look at stunningly gorgeous photographs that make me laugh until my ribs hurt."
20th April, 2008
"shut off your tv! lori's stream is far more entertaining than anything you'll find there.
this is definitely a comedy. with lots of drama. and fantastic set design! and a cast of silly sexy serious characters. (who could forget that loveable scamp, leonard? or that cha-cha-cha miss kicky?) it's the kind of show you learn important life lessons from, like how to dress up your boring beige walls, or why you should always put someone in a big bird suit if you have the opportunity. one of these days i hope just a smidge of her style leaks out of my computer screen and into my own life. till then, i'm content to just be a part of the 10 cent studio audience.
23rd February, 2008
"The amazing thing about Lori...one of the many amazing things...is that she can do it all. She can shoot photographs of heart-shattering sensitivity and photographs that make you laugh out loud. There is a careful, artful precision to her work that never fails to astonish me, and yet also a lightheartedness that is perfectly charming.
And Lori is just as captivating and delightful as her work. I'm half convinced she's some sort of photography sprite...a puckish and engaging semi-magical being who is occasionally spotted near camera equipment by lucky mortals like us."
31st January, 2008
"Lori broke my heart. She is a heartless procrastinating heartbreaker.
Just kidding. She makes me laugh every darned-tootin' day. That is hard, yo."
30th January, 2008
Shari Diane says:
"Lori's shots almost always make me smile. I love seeing her on my front page, because it means she's just posted another shot of a beautifully designed interior, or a shot of herself jumping or sleeping in the hay of a Canadian Prairie, a shot of feet, or a million other ordinary moments. She's just purely unique. And because she's so silly and wonderful and talented, she has the best Flickr fans, so her comment sections are always filled with witty repartee and just good ol' fun. She's one of my favorite contacts on Flickr. Thanks, Lori, for sharing your wonderfulness with all of us. :-)"
14th November, 2007
"Lori's creativity absolutely amazes me. No matter the subject, her photos are always interesting and beautiful. Her stream is one of the first that I check when I log on to flickr - I'm always wondering what she's thought of now!"
4th November, 2007
"10 Cent says she's not a photographer. Says she doesn't know anything about photography. Too much humble pie for me! No, she is all of those things and has a great sense of humor. Yeah, this is the confession of a 10 Cent Designer fan."
2nd November, 2007
"10 Cent/Lori is one of the best photographers I've encountered. Her unique style, composition and sense of humour are second to none and her talent is an inspiration."
29th October, 2007
"If you want to see talent you need not look any further, this girl is awesome and she is only having fun! She constantly inspires me, thanks 10."
19th August, 2007
"10 cent cheers me up on a daily basis (not that I need it daily, but, if I am already feeling good, her photos make me feel even better, and if I am feeling fantastic, her photos make me like I can do anything! But if I am feeling like the world is just too harsh and the stuff is just too much stuff, I look at her photos and everything shifts for the better and the earth aligns itself properly.)
What I like about Lori is that she has a magnificent sense of humor, which shows, and she is willing to take risks, and she has an impeccable sense of style, and she takes beautiful photographs that are never even close to average.
May she always be here, cheering souls and sharing the beauty she depicts!"
3rd July, 2007
"Many people have said it before and I will say it again 10 cents photos are truely wonderful! She is so extremely talented in both her design and photography. Her ablity to create such beauty is an inspiration to me daily. Style, smarts and a great sense of humer is what The 10 cent designer is made of!"
27th March, 2007
"If I could favorite a whole stream 10's would be it. That way I wouldn't miss any one of her beautiful and inspiring pictures."
25th March, 2007
Winged Foot says:
"Lori's amazing. Her work shows freshness, creativity, originality and frankly, lots of great fun. I'm always delighted to see her ideas, whether professional interior design, original photo work or modern thought realized in image or interior layout. She challenges me to think about photography beyond just being a medium. She's friendly and quick with a good word. She's been a great supporter of my work as well. I've really enjoyed her intellect, keen sense of good humour, sense of style, and outlook, and look forward to seeing many more of her original photos, interior work, and great ideas."
14th March, 2007
"I have adopted 10 cent as my older sister.
I admire her - for her style, ideas, creativity, humour and professionalism. Her photostream is excellent."
15th February, 2007
"i have no words to describe adequately the magic this woman creates."
26th January, 2007
"Style, Beauty, Grace. With 10 cent you get to pick three."
22nd December, 2006
"my favourite quirky canadian! her take on photography and life is elegantly simple. her creativity amazes and inspires. her stream is an amazing juxtaposition of playful captures and gorgeous landscapes, as well as masterfully staged interiors and still life. i look forward to the new offerings posted to lori's stream everyday. she is truly a treat to the flickr community! i even like her friend sarah ;)"
2nd December, 2006
"In my next life I wanna be Miss Ten Cent Piece. I love her photos. I love her interior design. And have you seen her? She's cute as a button."
26th October, 2006
"A long time admirer of Lori and her work, whether it be interior design, photography, or her over all style and fashion in general. A wonderful uniqueness at everything she does and with a great personality. She pulls off professionalism without taking her self too seriously. If you don't have the 10 cent designer in your contact list, you should. She is inspiration for creativity."
29th August, 2006
"10 cent is one of a kind.
Her pictures show great talent and a very personal touch. Her flowers portraits are gorgeous, colourful and amazing.
And besides, I'm sure any landscape is always
brighter in her pictures !!"
18th July, 2006
patrick austin says:
"What hasn't already been said in Lori's other testimonials? True, she has a fantastic eye for design, be it in her own creations, in those of others or in the amazing world of the Canadian Rockies.
I enjoy her photos for the smart, witty, careful creations they are. But more than anything, I enjoy them because she's able to see an order in things I never could. That's high praise, because it's the only reason I pay any attention to art.
That's my $.02 on $.10."
2nd February, 2006
ms oddgers says:
"Take a look through Lori's photostream and you may begin to wonder if you're seeing the work of two photographers.
There's one photographer who takes tightly composed interior tableaus, minimal and gorgeous. The other one is clearly having a chaotic good time, shooting anything and everyone in the world around, pictures in which nothing ever stays still, even the flowers.
But what draws these two sides together is tight compositional discipline that never feels rigid, and an intuitive understanding of colour that you might expect from an interior designer.
Lori's people are always in the midst of something. Her landscapes feel like something is about to happen there, or perhaps just did. Her interiors describe an inspiring space with an elegant palette that make you want to live in those sumptuous rooms. That may not be possible, but it’s good to know that you can go and look around anytime. I know you’ll see something you like."
5th January, 2006
- May 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken