Hello! I live on the Isle of Lewis in the Western Isles which is in Scotland, U.K. It's a beautiful, rugged, remote and often windswept place, perfect for photographers who like big, dramatic skies and chasing the light.
My interest in photography has grown since buying my first digital camera and joining Flickr in 2005. I photograph a variety of subjects from whatever catches my eye - landscapes, patterns, details, weather, people, nature and "the unusual". My photostream is a combination of visual diary and portfolio pieces.
Occasionally I make short videos and an ongoing project is shooting time-lapse sequences around these islands.
All my photos are marked with © All rights reserved. Please don't use them for anything without my permission. Thank you for your consideration.
If you would like to discuss using one of more of my photos, please Flickr mail me or e-mail bluewave42 [at] gmail.com.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Twitter ~ YouTube ~ Instagram
Photos of ßlϋeωãvε (5)
- Project Weather 44,241 photos, 13,803 members
- AuroraWatch UK 1,079 photos, 693 members
- Olympic Torch relay - Isle of Lewis 22 photos, 4 members
- Slitscans 563 photos, 114 members
- EOS Adventure 157,731 photos, 6,949 members
- Picturing Democracy 67 photos, 32 members
- Photographers' Rights. 239 photos, 3,595 members
- Your views of Scotland 77 photos, 23 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,527 members
- 4am Project 2,919 photos, 581 members
- Ricoh Macros 3,329 photos, 168 members
- Flickr Clock 4,039 photos, 2,723 members
- Haggis 1,439 photos, 239 members
- Top 20 Tilt-Shift Fakes (add 1 & remove 1) 60 photos, 162 members
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM Lens 77,668 photos, 4,173 members
- Sky & Cloud Junkies (Please follow the rules :) 77,566 photos, 7,476 members
- Scottish fungi, lichen and mosses 947 photos, 103 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [No frames/signatures] 39,256 photos, 5,021 members
- Flickr Ideas 0 photos, 11,514 members
- Saol na nGael ~ Saoghal nan Gàidheal ~ Life of the Gael 1,103 photos, 185 members
- Canon EOS 40D Users 474,175 photos, 17,327 members
- Lurkation 12,720 photos, 291 members
- Landrovers 16,136 photos, 1,117 members
- Street or Studio 2,090 photos, 2,435 members
- Lews Castle, Stornoway 76 photos, 16 members
- Great Scottish photography. 20,610 photos, 780 members
- Canon The Assignment 97 photos, 59 members
- I Want To Ride My Bicycle 55,480 photos, 4,828 members
- Ricoh GX100 24,546 photos, 1,061 members
- Time Lapse Videos 6,330 photos, 2,939 members
- Flickr Video Awards 610 photos, 245 members
- Scotland - Video 135 photos, 34 members
- Cardiff University @ Flickr 876 photos, 291 members
- Peripheral streak photogrphy 65 photos, 15 members
- NinianLif's texture addicts 26,351 photos, 3,682 members
- Le Poulailler - The Henhouse 5,571 photos, 1,199 members
- MOO's Super-Duper Holiday Card Competition 2,331 photos, 1,184 members
- 'Name Me' or 'Agree a Fee.' 95 photos, 171 members
- Earth @ *Night* 6,256 photos, 469 members
- Western Isles in Black & White 1,255 photos, 76 members
- Hebridean Celtic Festival 153 photos, 35 members
- - The EYE (Invite Only) 429 photos, 580 members
- Photo-Of-The-Day - post 1, comment on any 1 (read rules please) 5,524 photos, 914 members
- Scottish Flickermeet Littlewoods Catalogue Men 74 photos, 18 members
- Scottish Meet Ups 12,541 photos, 649 members
- Isle of Lewis & Harris Meet Ups 100 photos, 35 members
- Wartime Defences 5,938 photos, 361 members
- Selfridges Birmingham 1,117 photos, 212 members
- How We Are Now 5,126 photos, 2,675 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 40,321 photos, 11,407 members
"Tim is the reason I ended up at Flickr. I'm always looking forward seeing his latest photos, especially sunrises, which is something that I will probably never manage to shoot myself.
I truly appreciate all his comments and even though we have never met, consider him a good friend. Hopefully, one day I can make it to Scotland for a visit!"
29th October, 2007
"After spending umpteen hours looking at tens of thousands of pictures on Flickr, some of the best, most awesome and striking ones have been taken by a photograher here in the Outer Hebrides. Even though he has an unfair advantage in the subject matter, these are still CONSISTENTLY awesome pictures of a very high standard. The one of the lonely tree on Lewis is probably my favourite picture anywhere on Flickr."
6th May, 2007
"There is an old Gaelic saying that a Lewisman would be homesick in heaven, and when you look through Tim's photostream you can see why. His photos capture Lewis and Harris at their very very best.
Add this to his skill in image manipulation, macro shots and throw in a quirky yet incisive eye, and you get a pretty good overview of his photographic ability.
14th August, 2006
"tim is a great flickr friend and his photos will make you think twice about your stereotypes of scotland! i may even want to visit someday. ;)"
22nd June, 2006
"I cannot believe anyone has not already written Bluewave a testimonial yet! So I am proud to be the first. Blue actually is the person who introduced me to Flickrworld...thanks.
If you view Blue's photos you will notice his diverse and ever changing photographic techniques. I don't think he ever sits still but must be photographing everything...and photographing them well! Blue too has a very discerning eye for detail and perfection, his comments toward my stuff has always been keen, to the point and with the intent to make me better. Thanks again!
Anyway stop by and checkout his photostream and I guarantee you it will inspire you. Keep'em coming Blue."
12th May, 2006
- August 2005
- Western Isles, Scotland, U.K.
- I am:
- Surfing life's waves