I'm an Englishman married to a Frenchwoman and have four American daughters. I'm a writer but I've always longed to be a photographer. Looking at some of the talent on Flickr, it's just as well I kept my day job.....
I also maintain a photoblog devoted to the women in my life:
Wit over Ignorance
Thanks for visiting. May we all live in picturesque times....
- Instagram 125,644 photos, 8,036 members
- My workspace 50 photos, 66 members
- Typography and Lettering 135,423 photos, 19,562 members
- bokeh 190,581 photos, 30,957 members
- People with wetsuits that look like seals from the bottom 1,409 photos, 100 members
- Hipstamatic 272,434 photos, 16,390 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,763 photos, 51,552 members
- Abandoned 643,044 photos, 43,482 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 13,369 photos, 10,763 members
- SOS Haiti 1,543 photos, 374 members
- The BIG Snow 975 photos, 89 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 45,163 photos, 4,226 members
- Maryland, USA 55,082 photos, 1,626 members
- From the Airplane Window 16,841 photos, 3,059 members
- Swine Influenza (Flu) Porcina México H1N1 596 photos, 253 members
- FlickrCentral 6,085,168 photos, 184,001 members
- New York Street Art 34,640 photos, 774 members
- Textures for Layers 15,570 photos, 16,228 members
- FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES... 69,069 photos, 16,323 members
- Mountains Anywhere 229,948 photos, 20,344 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 903,765 photos, 56,393 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 44,320 photos, 1,857 members
- 01 - Ain - France 2,726 photos, 148 members
- Cuba - todo a lo Cubano 67,930 photos, 3,803 members
- South Florida 26,913 photos, 736 members
- Scrawls on Walls 3,729 photos, 679 members
- The Illadelph 4,437 photos, 167 members
- Kara Pool 47 photos, 20 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 95,100 photos, 5,988 members
- U.S. National Parks 118,007 photos, 11,869 members
- Wedding Photography 212,430 photos, 43,939 members
- STREETART 505,940 photos, 27,611 members
- Italy in Black & White 17,478 photos, 3,243 members
- Italian lifestyle 2.0 10,902 photos, 2,860 members
- Italy, Best of / L'immagine dell'Italia 158,944 photos, 8,808 members
- ITALIA MEDIEVALE 19,527 photos, 2,638 members
- Venice 93,543 photos, 8,583 members
- NJ - NEW JERSEY 77,546 photos, 2,892 members
- Zen and the art of motorcycle mirrors 55 photos, 37 members
- Lyon, Fête des Lumières 7,176 photos, 605 members
- rumble in the flickajungle 1,471 photos, 72 members
- Oyonnax 194 photos, 27 members
- Anybody Want To Have A NJ Photo Outing? 16,244 photos, 642 members
- New York life 167,145 photos, 8,037 members
- The Portrait Group 2,058,506 photos, 130,674 members
- Canon L Lenses 265,531 photos, 5,660 members
- Butterflies 118,012 photos, 12,714 members
- Field Guide: Butterflies & Moths of North America 9,621 photos, 1,069 members
- New Jersey Hot Air Balloon Festival 920 photos, 118 members
- Through the Viewfinder 59,623 photos, 7,099 members
"Although Mr T is an evil fourth estater, he's also one of the sharpest buggers on Flickr, and rarely fails to raise a laugh (or at least a smirk) from me whenever he puts mouse to monitor.
He can also take photos, which is a handy talent to have on a photo-sharing site. Often very good photos, which document his globetrotting lifestyle, beautiful family and exciting job.
No, I'm not jealous, no way ;)"
3rd February, 2009
"he's Big T
he calls me Swee
deal with it"
8th March, 2008
"He is my most favourite Flickr Mister, his words and pictures make me happy and I love him to bits.
and he owes me £20 for that."
27th February, 2008
"He is a man of letters, albeit random letters."
18th February, 2008
LaVona S says:
"Tampen is terrific !!!!!!!!!!!! What more can I say? " )"
29th December, 2007
Tex Flix says:
"What can I say about Tony that hasn't been already said? From a personal perspective, I simply love how he sees and captures the world that surrounds him. The images that he produces from his remarkable family to his travels abroad are something to behold. Like many of us he constantly pushes himself to improve his vision and technique. The difference is he succeeds when many of us fail."
26th May, 2007
"He's the only man in the land permitted to call me Bertie.
And his photos rock the block."
8th January, 2007
"Out of all the skillful contacts that keep me coming back, Tampen's photostream is the only one I look at every single time a new photo appears. Keep up the good work!"
28th December, 2006
Tool Face says:
"It sickens me to admit that he's a bloody great photographer and a damn good laugh. However, I revel in spreading rumours that he's the most evil man alive.
Does revel have two Ls? Hmm, should I have used inverted commas there as well. Fuck me, this testicolonial has opened up a right can of grammatical worms for me."
16th October, 2006
"He's a right cheeky bastard!"
3rd August, 2006
"Tampen is a gentleman photographer. His photos reveal the beauty of his world that is full of incredible riches -- travel, a family of lovely ladies and the luxury of calling several locales "home". His images show his natural curiosity as a reporter. But he is also very talented in revealing humanity through his photos. I greatly admire this man and i'm delighted every time he notices one of my photos and graces it with one of his clever comments."
16th July, 2006
"He does not know me, but I have followed his work on flickr for quite some time. I think Tampen possesses a beautiful soul ~ and that beautiful soul is most evident in his photographs of his wife and children. This is a man who knows what is important in life…
Add to that his unique view on the world that only a journalist can offer, as well as a quirky and unassuming sense of humour ~ they all come through in his images. Viewing his photostream is, indeed, a treat for the eyes ~ and the spirit. When photographs can evoke that kind of emotion, the photographer can rest assured that he is a master of the craft."
17th May, 2006
"A gentleman among gentlemen, Tampen is a phenomenal photographer because he has to be to decently document the life he has crafted. A purveyor of smart and beautiful images, I anticipate every new upload. Lucky for me he is prodigious. He’s also not too shabby with the words..."
10th March, 2006
"Tampen's work is exquisite, magical, artful, heartful, brooooaaaaaddd, fun, interesting no matter where you pick him up! Once you're hooked, start digging through his sets and you'll find secret treasures that are barely tagged and aren't in any pools. He makes fabulous small sets, fun fave mosaics and I suspect he's a pretty swell guy too!"
30th November, 2005
Blaise K says:
"i keep coming back to tampen's photos over and over again. this, despite the fact that i always think his screenname is "tampon".
there's such sensitivity in his images, and a stunning range. he seems to understand his subjects inherently, whether he's shooting a portrait or a seemingly oddly placed building.
i relate to his striking portraits of his growing daughters, not because i'm a dad (that should be obvious), but because i was a teenage girl once and i know he's really in for it.
tampen also had the good sense to say once that i'm one of his favorite photographers. i respect his opinion immensely.
thanks for your support, sincerely."
13th October, 2005
Archie Pix says:
"In his spare time Tampen leads the Autobots in the eternal battle against the evil Decepticons.
Shit, wait, that's Optimus Prime. I always get those two mixed up."
10th October, 2005
First Contact says:
"I'd once searched Kevin Steele's stream for the holy graile and didn't find it.
This stream turned up empty too 8~(
...but I did find cornucopia here!
And that's better than having nothing.
A blessed man he is indeed.
This testymonial for Tampen comes from my whole heart."
6th September, 2005
"What can I say about Tampers? He is a fine upstanding member of the Flickr community, however, this belies his real life where he stalks a gorgeous woman and her children, claiming them as his own. Admittedly from the recesses of his brown raincoat the shutter fires accidentally to yield superb results (of the family not him).
Despite residing in the US and France (some of the time) Tampen is a true Brit, he talks with authority on all matters British from monkey enclosure urination to Old Peculiar and never betrays his genetics when it comes to complaining about judges and referees.
Have a look at what's posted, it beats watching Coronation St. re-runs."
26th July, 2005
"Tony's photostream is one of the finest treasures I have had the fortune to come across in the Flickrveld. You can easily use words like stunning and captivating to describe his work - but - slowly even those words will begin to pale.
Tony has an amazing breadth. A majestic landscape of the African outback will effortlessly shift into the compelling dignity of a Kashmiri gentleman at Amritsar. Complex contrasts of color and texture and reflections of commericialism and media morph without a hint of irony to young children at play in their family courtyard with the barely perceptible outline the Taj Mahal watching over them. You'll adore his beautiful family and nod approvingly at his warm self portraits.
Pouring through his stream, I was vicariously transported to the perspective of a dignified and compassionate observer on the world. Such a fantastic voyage..."
3rd March, 2005
- Tony Allen-Mills
- February 2005
- Near Nantua, France
- Kensington, Maryland and South-eastern France
- I am:
- Male and Taken