I'm an Englishman married to a Frenchwoman and have four American daughters. I'm a writer but I've always longed to be a photographer. Looking at some of the talent on Flickr, it's just as well I kept my day job.....
I also maintain a photoblog devoted to the women in my life:
Wit over Ignorance
Thanks for visiting. May we all live in picturesque times....
- Instagram 136,083 photos, 8,206 members
- My workspace 49 photos, 68 members
- Typography and Lettering 149,367 photos, 23,194 members
- bokeh 194,082 photos, 39,808 members
- People with wetsuits that look like seals from the bottom 1,169 photos, 95 members
- Hipstamatic 298,936 photos, 16,683 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,854 photos, 58,168 members
- Abandoned 738,706 photos, 52,645 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 14,361 photos, 13,477 members
- SOS Haiti 1,575 photos, 364 members
- The BIG Snow 1,029 photos, 89 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 48,498 photos, 4,379 members
- Maryland, USA 58,809 photos, 1,680 members
- From the Airplane Window 18,984 photos, 3,240 members
- Swine Influenza (Flu) Porcina México H1N1 588 photos, 252 members
- FlickrCentral 7,001,372 photos, 204,283 members
- New York Street Art 36,714 photos, 790 members
- Textures for Layers 15,534 photos, 16,010 members
- FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES... 71,271 photos, 16,483 members
- Mountains Anywhere 275,057 photos, 22,472 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,012,310 photos, 60,517 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 48,975 photos, 1,876 members
- 01 - Ain - France 3,372 photos, 157 members
- Cuba - todo a lo Cubano 70,967 photos, 3,901 members
- South Florida 29,262 photos, 759 members
- Scrawls on Walls 3,696 photos, 677 members
- The Illadelph 4,265 photos, 164 members
- Kara Pool 71 photos, 20 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 109,075 photos, 6,411 members
- U.S. National Parks 133,029 photos, 12,717 members
- Wedding Photography 223,068 photos, 45,973 members
- STREETART 545,558 photos, 28,004 members
- Italy in Black & White 17,859 photos, 3,351 members
- Italian lifestyle 2.0 11,213 photos, 3,044 members
- Italy, Best of / L'immagine dell'Italia 188,883 photos, 9,726 members
- ITALIA MEDIEVALE 20,621 photos, 2,713 members
- Venice 101,370 photos, 9,227 members
- NJ - NEW JERSEY 83,573 photos, 2,948 members
- Zen and the art of motorcycle mirrors 56 photos, 39 members
- Lyon, Fête des Lumières 7,807 photos, 636 members
- rumble in the flickajungle 1,462 photos, 70 members
- Oyonnax 207 photos, 29 members
- Anybody Want To Have A NJ Photo Outing? 17,051 photos, 653 members
- New York life 183,212 photos, 8,217 members
- The Portrait Group 2,267,941 photos, 136,978 members
- Canon L Lenses 303,599 photos, 5,968 members
- Butterflies 127,930 photos, 12,927 members
- Field Guide: Butterflies & Moths of North America 10,371 photos, 1,087 members
- New Jersey Hot Air Balloon Festival 915 photos, 118 members
- Through the Viewfinder 60,371 photos, 7,105 members
"Although Mr T is an evil fourth estater, he's also one of the sharpest buggers on Flickr, and rarely fails to raise a laugh (or at least a smirk) from me whenever he puts mouse to monitor.
He can also take photos, which is a handy talent to have on a photo-sharing site. Often very good photos, which document his globetrotting lifestyle, beautiful family and exciting job.
No, I'm not jealous, no way ;)"
3rd February, 2009
"he's Big T
he calls me Swee
deal with it"
8th March, 2008
"He is my most favourite Flickr Mister, his words and pictures make me happy and I love him to bits.
and he owes me £20 for that."
27th February, 2008
"He is a man of letters, albeit random letters."
18th February, 2008
LaVona S says:
"Tampen is terrific !!!!!!!!!!!! What more can I say? " )"
29th December, 2007
Tex Flix says:
"What can I say about Tony that hasn't been already said? From a personal perspective, I simply love how he sees and captures the world that surrounds him. The images that he produces from his remarkable family to his travels abroad are something to behold. Like many of us he constantly pushes himself to improve his vision and technique. The difference is he succeeds when many of us fail."
26th May, 2007
"He's the only man in the land permitted to call me Bertie.
And his photos rock the block."
8th January, 2007
"Out of all the skillful contacts that keep me coming back, Tampen's photostream is the only one I look at every single time a new photo appears. Keep up the good work!"
28th December, 2006
Tool Face says:
"It sickens me to admit that he's a bloody great photographer and a damn good laugh. However, I revel in spreading rumours that he's the most evil man alive.
Does revel have two Ls? Hmm, should I have used inverted commas there as well. Fuck me, this testicolonial has opened up a right can of grammatical worms for me."
16th October, 2006
"He's a right cheeky bastard!"
3rd August, 2006
"Tampen is a gentleman photographer. His photos reveal the beauty of his world that is full of incredible riches -- travel, a family of lovely ladies and the luxury of calling several locales "home". His images show his natural curiosity as a reporter. But he is also very talented in revealing humanity through his photos. I greatly admire this man and i'm delighted every time he notices one of my photos and graces it with one of his clever comments."
16th July, 2006
"He does not know me, but I have followed his work on flickr for quite some time. I think Tampen possesses a beautiful soul ~ and that beautiful soul is most evident in his photographs of his wife and children. This is a man who knows what is important in life…
Add to that his unique view on the world that only a journalist can offer, as well as a quirky and unassuming sense of humour ~ they all come through in his images. Viewing his photostream is, indeed, a treat for the eyes ~ and the spirit. When photographs can evoke that kind of emotion, the photographer can rest assured that he is a master of the craft."
17th May, 2006
"A gentleman among gentlemen, Tampen is a phenomenal photographer because he has to be to decently document the life he has crafted. A purveyor of smart and beautiful images, I anticipate every new upload. Lucky for me he is prodigious. He’s also not too shabby with the words..."
10th March, 2006
"Tampen's work is exquisite, magical, artful, heartful, brooooaaaaaddd, fun, interesting no matter where you pick him up! Once you're hooked, start digging through his sets and you'll find secret treasures that are barely tagged and aren't in any pools. He makes fabulous small sets, fun fave mosaics and I suspect he's a pretty swell guy too!"
30th November, 2005
Blaise K says:
"i keep coming back to tampen's photos over and over again. this, despite the fact that i always think his screenname is "tampon".
there's such sensitivity in his images, and a stunning range. he seems to understand his subjects inherently, whether he's shooting a portrait or a seemingly oddly placed building.
i relate to his striking portraits of his growing daughters, not because i'm a dad (that should be obvious), but because i was a teenage girl once and i know he's really in for it.
tampen also had the good sense to say once that i'm one of his favorite photographers. i respect his opinion immensely.
thanks for your support, sincerely."
13th October, 2005
Archie Pix says:
"In his spare time Tampen leads the Autobots in the eternal battle against the evil Decepticons.
Shit, wait, that's Optimus Prime. I always get those two mixed up."
10th October, 2005
First Contact says:
"I'd once searched Kevin Steele's stream for the holy graile and didn't find it.
This stream turned up empty too 8~(
...but I did find cornucopia here!
And that's better than having nothing.
A blessed man he is indeed.
This testymonial for Tampen comes from my whole heart."
6th September, 2005
"What can I say about Tampers? He is a fine upstanding member of the Flickr community, however, this belies his real life where he stalks a gorgeous woman and her children, claiming them as his own. Admittedly from the recesses of his brown raincoat the shutter fires accidentally to yield superb results (of the family not him).
Despite residing in the US and France (some of the time) Tampen is a true Brit, he talks with authority on all matters British from monkey enclosure urination to Old Peculiar and never betrays his genetics when it comes to complaining about judges and referees.
Have a look at what's posted, it beats watching Coronation St. re-runs."
26th July, 2005
"Tony's photostream is one of the finest treasures I have had the fortune to come across in the Flickrveld. You can easily use words like stunning and captivating to describe his work - but - slowly even those words will begin to pale.
Tony has an amazing breadth. A majestic landscape of the African outback will effortlessly shift into the compelling dignity of a Kashmiri gentleman at Amritsar. Complex contrasts of color and texture and reflections of commericialism and media morph without a hint of irony to young children at play in their family courtyard with the barely perceptible outline the Taj Mahal watching over them. You'll adore his beautiful family and nod approvingly at his warm self portraits.
Pouring through his stream, I was vicariously transported to the perspective of a dignified and compassionate observer on the world. Such a fantastic voyage..."
3rd March, 2005
- Tony Allen-Mills
- February 2005
- Near Nantua, France
- Kensington, Maryland and South-eastern France
- I am:
- Male and Taken