tackyshack's photostream Pro User
Contact - email@example.com
My photostream on black
I'll start off by saying all of my photos are straight out of the camera. No photoshopping aside from an occasional rotation or crop.
I am amazed by what can be done with long exposure and light sources. The techniques are endless. Considering painting with light is the art of making space and time your canvas and using light as your medium, a lot of potential lies in this basic definition.
Flickr has been an excellent source for me to share and get ideas regarding photography in general but of course my main focus is light painting. The group that continues to inspire me the most are the Light Junkies. The best source online for all things LP.
I look forward to seeing where I can take this and seeing what other great light painters come up with throughout time as the art form progresses.
- /r/analog 170 photos, 66 members
- Night Workshop Series - WeTeachPhotography.com 172 photos, 13 members
- WTF??? 168 photos, 73 members
- light painting on film 9 photos, 11 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 9,800 photos, 1,277 members
- Waterfalls Of The Finger Lakes Of New York State 1,896 photos, 146 members
- Waterfalls of New York State 10,722 photos, 667 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 284,996 photos, 10,134 members
- Rusted Vehicles 7,168 photos, 285 members
- Abandoned 642,842 photos, 43,290 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 322,532 photos, 12,170 members
- Old And Beautiful (buildings ,barns, shacks, and abandoned homes 110,372 photos, 9,163 members
- The Nature Conservancy 514,930 photos, 33,025 members
- Light Painting Community 3,560 photos, 340 members
- The Light Painter 76 photos, 8 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 68,948 photos, 10,748 members
- Waterfalls 112,187 photos, 15,485 members
- Waterfalls of the Carolinas 5,819 photos, 838 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 26,718 photos, 3,765 members
- Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical IF MC / Fish-eye fan 19,753 photos, 2,128 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 6,764 photos, 1,104 members
- flickr (unofficial) 901,213 photos, 68,304 members
- Timescapes: DSLR Timelapse 1,607 photos, 574 members
- StarTracks 463 photos, 98 members
- Refractography (formerly the NO LENS group) 463 photos, 112 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,247,340 photos, 192,573 members
- OPTICAL NIRVANA 566 photos, 89 members
- 366 in 2012 (Not your Average 365 Group) 23,683 photos, 296 members
- Light Graff 473 photos, 104 members
- School of Digital Photography 386,478 photos, 14,960 members
- reddit 9,367 photos, 1,034 members
- Human in Geometry 40,861 photos, 3,143 members
- Light Painting Accidents 125 photos, 64 members
- Roanoke Snaps 696 photos, 17 members
- Digital Light Wand 273 photos, 42 members
- Welding mask glass filter 2,171 photos, 965 members
- Fabulous Fractalius 12,483 photos, 1,419 members
- Astrophotography 68,281 photos, 10,693 members
- Light Junkies 88,398 photos, 13,043 members
- Astrofotografia / Astrophotography 925 photos, 81 members
- New River Valley 1,834 photos, 161 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 271,664 photos, 10,240 members
- Low light photography 111,121 photos, 6,630 members
- Light-painted domes 394 photos, 66 members
- 24mm (Prime) 13,195 photos, 964 members
- FishEye 123,887 photos, 12,649 members
- Night Shots* 87,661 photos, 9,244 members
- Night Photography 284,318 photos, 19,691 members
- StarStaX - Image stacker for Mac / Windows / Linux 1,319 photos, 787 members
- Digital Photography School 216,818 photos, 16,291 members
"I haven't been back into light painting for long but I wanted to leave something to show my appreciation for tackyshack. His photos have always been an inspiration to me and I love coming to his stream seeing all the new crazy stuff he thinks of and then paints. Tacky probably influenced me more than anyone to come back to the light painting scene and I'm really happy to be back. Thanks man!"
6th March, 2013
"Jeremy, your passion, seemingly endless energy, and dedication to light painting is second to none. You are such an inspiration, and your energy infects all who see your work.
You dare to go where no one has been before, and light the way forward into new areas of Light Painting.
You’ve set the trend with your camera toss and Tacky mask photography, and I cant wait to see what you do next - it’s a great ride watching your work as it evolves.
Thanks for all of your support and encouragement :o)"
22nd September, 2010
"Jeremy has done some very inspirational work using techniques I can't even get my head around using. The atmosphere he creates in his images are very surreal and psychedelic. Even looking back at his first work his ideas were larger than life and working on such a big scale and putting so much effort in to one picture pays of well in the results. I've been amazed so much already and can expect a "Bright" future for Tackyshack. Congratulations on all the great work and keep it up.
22nd May, 2010
"tackyshack is where its at -------a true lightpainter with heaps of dedication and imagination ----he was one of the first LP'ers that i seen and was in shock when i seen his images ----his mask series has a stamp in the LP community -- - im always looking forward to seeing what tacky pulls off next ----"
4th May, 2010
"Tacky Tacky Tacky...
You light up the night with some wicked ideas.
Never scared to try somethings new, crazy, off the wall, or... well Tacky.
Inspiration goes both ways.
Will cross paths before long and light one up ;)"
2nd January, 2010
Hannu Huhtamo says:
"Tackyshack has found his own style. It's always a pleasure to watch his experimental and innovative pictures. Tacky's enthusiasm and passion are enviable. Those are the qualities of a true artist.
For example, his light mask series is really awesome and unique.
His freedom from prejudice often inspires me to try something new.
Keep up the magnificent light work fella!"
25th December, 2009
"Jeremy has a rare passion for his art and is always pushing the envelope on what can be achieved with a light source(s) and a camera in bulb mode. He has inspired the light-painting community with his famous shack, which in my opinion has transcended tacky, entering the realm of legend. And his masks are nothing short of genius. Keep on being tacky, LegendaryShack!"
24th December, 2009
"This is long overdue but I am glad that I got to know a little more about Jeremy before sitting down to write this testimonial. Jeremy is a true artist! I think that many in the light painting community on flicker would agree with me that the enthusiasm and excitement he shows towards the art is unmatched by anyone! His experimentation and imagination seem to be limitless. He likes to push his creativity is not afraid to try it all! I often wonder when he even has time to sleep! On top of all this, he always takes time to help others and give positive feedback and encouragement to everyone. This along with a few other things he has shared with me over the past several months have given me a high respect for him as a person and as an artist. He is an absolutely amazing person! It is a privilege to call him a friend. Keep up the great work my friend! :-)"
23rd December, 2009
Captain Blithering says:
"Light painter extraordinaire. Tackyshack is always thinking outside the box and coming up with new original stuff. I can't wait to see what you'll do next, keep up the good work,"
1st December, 2009
"Tackyshack is truly a real artist. It's rare to witness such a passion for art as is in his light painting photos and the Shackstein Ceiling paintings! Tackyshack seems to have a constant source for inspiration and passion to explore new ways of light painting.
I bet there's tons and tons of great material coming from tackyshack also in the future and I'm really looking forward to it!"
30th November, 2009
"tackyshack is an inspirational dude, his ideas on light painting are original and well executed.
i especially like the bubble and mask shots, and look forward to seeing how far he can go with it.
he's also a fantastic contributor to discussion and comments on photos, thanks tacky, you're a champ ;)"
30th October, 2009
"Mr Tackyshack started to get into his light painting similar time to myself. Has been great watching his progress from crazy full on light fun to his more recent work where he is creating some amazing compositions. Now fully utilizing his surroundings to add depth and humour to his shots.
Keep on exploring and most of all having fun Mr T."
31st October, 2009
- December 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken