"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
Jorge Luis Borges
suttonhoo by smalldogs
mini hoo »
Sometimes I blog about my pics (and other folks' pics) at detritus.
I twitter as suttonhoo too.
I moblog a lot: suttonhoo moblogs
My most interesting pics according to Scout »
& according to isaias »
Photos of suttonhoo (2)
- Flickr CPR 6,287 photos, 572 members
- California Missions 8,847 photos, 728 members
- coathangers 254 photos, 75 members
- Jibbitz 14 photos, 3 members
- NPR Picture Show 128,727 photos, 5,867 members
- Henry Moore Sculptures 2,123 photos, 313 members
- Denver Botanic Gardens 146 photos, 22 members
- Lafayette House 0 photos, 13 members
- The Energy Paparazzi Project 894 photos, 133 members
- Airport Terminals 1,141 photos, 166 members
- Speelgoed, Toys, Jouets 415 photos, 67 members
- Horizon, tu! oh, tu! NEW AND IMPROVED! 6,233 photos, 483 members
- digiLOMO - digital low "quality" capturing 1,001 photos, 67 members
- Digital Harinezumi デジタルハリネズミ 14,569 photos, 1,478 members
- Ancient World in London with Heritage Key 308 photos, 206 members
- Unexpected titles 1,444 photos, 142 members
- DCist Photos 147,199 photos, 4,271 members
- The Listening Project 152 photos, 70 members
- Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibition at the National Geographic Museum 207 photos, 22 members
- Dom (Rom, Gypsy, Çingene, Qereçî, Gypthos, Zingari) in World 2,253 photos, 370 members
- In the fridge 92 photos, 214 members
- Argonne National Laboratory and Waterfall Glen 675 photos, 58 members
- Mesoamérica Hoy 1,699 photos, 113 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 11,415 photos, 161 members
- Zisha 368 photos, 37 members
- Pilcrow Lit Fest/Chicago 312 photos, 10 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,068 photos, 1,335 members
- Twitterazzi 87 photos, 144 members
- SFist 65,246 photos, 1,389 members
- let them read Cake 45 photos, 64 members
- ◄◄◄ HECTOR GUIMARD [1867-1942] ►►► 2,594 photos, 626 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 190 photos, 244 members
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Signature Tiles 51 photos, 54 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 469 photos, 1,096 members
- Polaroid 271,864 photos, 25,231 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [No frames/signatures] 35,606 photos, 5,537 members
- I voted in Chicago and all I got was a lousy ballot receipt! 77 photos, 58 members
- The Coffee Cup 17,903 photos, 5,993 members
- New York, New York 372,632 photos, 15,316 members
- Holga freak 80,143 photos, 6,070 members
- INVITATION: 25 Decisive Moments Art Opening, Friday, October 24 235 photos, 866 members
- Fruits et légumes 52,685 photos, 12,881 members
- nature désolée [film only please] 2,440 photos, 209 members
- Denver 34,112 photos, 1,884 members
- Face Your Manga 752 photos, 794 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 198,921 photos, 5,757 members
- Giant Fiberglass Statues 2,105 photos, 204 members
- All Favourite Photos 29,052 photos, 3,326 members
- BLUELIST - The Best of Lonely Planet 22,750 photos, 2,481 members
- First Rule Of Photography: Everybody Loves A Monkey 4,399 photos, 712 members
O Caritas says:
"There are countless sources for photographic inspiration on flickr, but in Dayna, I have found someone who — nearly every day — inspires me to be a better person. She is as fine a human being as I expect I ever will have met."
26th July, 2009
"I don't visit suttonhoo's stream as often as I want because i know when I do I'll get sucked in and stay longer than I planned. She has an incredible mix of photos taken from anything from a real camera to a mobile phone, and so many of them are accompanied by words and texts and stories she writes so well. She shares incredible personal moments, yet she doesn't show her face, but when Susan took her portrait I knew immediately who it was..."
17th November, 2008
"jet-setter... but stays close to the source w/good writing & great photographs.
ps. & kindness"
2nd July, 2008
Slipping Away says:
"Dayna is an inspiration. Her photostream is much more than images... it is pure life."
14th June, 2008
"suttonhoo approved this testimonial even though it only mentions heterodyning once."
15th May, 2008
"Not a lot of people can bridge the gap between the visual sensibility and the literary sensibility. That is why it is so comforting that when I see an entrancing photograph on Suttonhoo's stream, I can be assured that there is an even better story behind it."
5th May, 2008
"Strangely enigmatic, I am drawn to her work by the nature of what is absent.
Her ego is there, strong, compelling me to look deeper to what is below the surface, and as I turn my neck and eyes to see, it is gone.
While some strut and fret their personalities on Flickr, and others hit you over the head, suttonhoo remains elusive and sublime."
25th September, 2007
"enjoyed your photos, not all of them but most of them. They feel familar, things of everyday as well as the not so. The interesting titles make the reading of each so much more interesting..something that I could not do myself.
12th September, 2007
"This is the first testimonial I've ever written. I don't know Dayna personally, but I look forward to seeing her photos most days. There's a consistency in her quality, a real "eye" for the unusual...whether that be a subject or an angle. All in all it makes for great enjoyment. Thank you Dayna!"
9th January, 2007
"suttonhoo was one of my very first contacts on flickr. i knew from the git-go that her eye was spectacular... finding the crevasses, the niches, the detritus of everyday life and capturing it all in her singular, signature way. i recently had the honor of going on a shoot with her, and i got to see how her mind work. she pays attention. she looks.
her images are stark and profound. they make you think. they make your jaw drop. they make you laugh out loud. they make you cry. they make you gasp with wonder. they make you look.
she is the quintessential photographer.
plus, she can work that goddam cameraphone like nobody's bidness."
10th October, 2006
"Suttonhoo is the only person that I know that can make crappy wall paper look cool. It is like magic. I wish I could take photos as cool as hers."
21st August, 2006
Flipped Out says:
"Chicago through her eyes is soooo refreshing."
7th July, 2006
Fernando Pinto says:
27th August, 2005
- Dayna Bateman
- May 2005