♥My ETSY Shop
♥ On FACEBOOK? Become a fan!
♥Stalk me on Twitter: twitter.com/stoopidgerl
~*~SLEEP WITH A PHOTOGRAPHER AND SEE WHAT DEVELOPS~*~
HI... I AM KIM...
and I am a photographer and jewelry maker from the Detroit area in Michigan.
I would love to relocate to Las Vegas to pursue my photography career and I would also like to attend clown school at Circus Circus! I've got to leave Michigan. I've lived here my entire life and it's boring as fuck. Before I moved to Mount Clemens- I lived in the city of Detroit (2nd most dangerous city in America!), Algonac, and before that I grew up in St. Clair Shores.
Right now I am a graduate/alumni with a BFA in photography from Wayne State University. I graduated in December 2005. I am majored in fine arts with a concentration in photography.
I enjoy shooting digital [Canon 20D] as well as film [Canon rebel Ti]... and I totally love shooting with my toy cameras [two Holgas and a Diana]. Currently, I am shooting a lot with Polaroid cameras and also making Polaroids with a Vivitar Slide Printer.
Photography is my life and everything in my life seems to revolve around it. I don't think I've ever been so passionate about anything. (and then my passion for creating resin jewelry came along!)
My greatest body of work is my self-portrait work. I love raiding my funky little closet that's stuffed with psychedelic thrift store finds. I love tying back my long black hair and stuffing it up into a wig and throwing on a face full of make-up. It's my escape. It's a completely solitary experience. I crank the music up and hit that fucking shutter. After the shoot I take my shit to the Vaio and Photo-chop it all up with gawdy effects and nauseating colors.
If I'm not shooting myself I love venturing out into the city to explore.... to see what's out there. Detroit is the best city in the US to shoot pix of abandoned buildings and sites. Detroit is all about urban-decay. It's a city dying before our very eyes. So sad... yet so beautiful in a sick way.
If I wasn't going to school for photography... I would have liked to study medicine. For the longest time I have always had an interest in working in the medical field... maybe as a doctor. This is something that many and most of you do not know about me. Yes... it's true. I have at one time seriously becoming a doctor... I guess it's because of my bizarre infatuation with human anatomy. Bodies are so fascinating... so bizarre. I probably wouldn't mind working in a morgue... I think that would be an interesting job- being a medical examiner...
An interesting fact about me is that I do not drive. I am 28 and I have never had my license and I have never wanted one either. I am terrified of driving. When I was on a permit practicing my driving I was so paranoid and I got white knuckles whenever I drove. Shit.... I don't think it's an irrational fear at all... driving is dangerous... I think my fear intensified when all of the SUV drivers came out of nowhere and all those obnoxious cell-phone drivers. Stupid fuckers...
Something else that you may want to know about me is that I am rather anti-social. I prefer solitude. I enjoy having a handful of friends, but anything over a handful begins to feel overwhelming to me.... and it tends to get me into a lot of trouble. I just get more accomplished without having a whole swarm of friends around me all the time... I just like to hang out once in a while. It's so difficult to find people who are worth my time... people suck and I hate them... well... not all of them... but most of them... I just can't stand bullshit and drama and lies and deception and some people just erk the shit out of me... and I can't take it anymore... and it usually results in me talking about people behind their backs... which I hate to do... but shit happens. I've had a ton of people come and go in my life. I am kind of a hard person to get along with. It's not that I am arrogant... it's more like I'm selective.
And just so you know... I am now a married woman! Joe and I have been together for nearly a decade... and we are very much in love. As long as I have Joe... that's what makes me happy... that's what keeps me going. I'm so glad we finally got married in Vegas... my dream finally came true!
*(boring) photos of trees
*(boring) photos of flowers
*(boring) photos of children
*photos of sportscars
*copycats ~use your imagination... not mine ;o)
- PAINTING 135,809 photos, 10,185 members
- Creative Parenting 2,636 photos, 268 members
- Child's Art 6,991 photos, 679 members
- Children's Creative Juices! ~ ART~ Drawing~Painting~Writing! 5,065 photos, 532 members
- Details of Theme Parks, Thrill Rides, & Carnivals 2,259 photos, 134 members
- 80/90's Toys 5,545 photos, 434 members
- film food 600 photos, 162 members
- Photoshop collages 4,449 photos, 756 members
- Ambien Art 14 photos, 6 members
- ArtDroid 2,863 photos, 95 members
- !Drive By Shooting 56,845 photos, 3,293 members
- Cell Phone Photography 218,098 photos, 8,657 members
- FXCamera 6,131 photos, 773 members
- Camera ZOOM FX 478 photos, 155 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 94,906 photos, 5,139 members
- Booooooom.com! 267,622 photos, 16,493 members
- Android Smartphones 7,118 photos, 373 members
- HTC EVO 4G 3,614 photos, 296 members
- Vignette for Android 26,831 photos, 2,159 members
- Canon EOS 60D Owners' Club 158,734 photos, 5,438 members
- LUCKY Film Photography 12,206 photos, 1,024 members
- .Messy Faces 84 photos, 132 members
- Lomography USA 182 photos, 63 members
- Low Fidelity 37,415 photos, 1,392 members
- vintage camera addicts 4,884 photos, 453 members
- vintage camera photography. 34,435 photos, 1,200 members
- Vintage Camera Museum 8,270 photos, 1,058 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 65,639 photos, 9,368 members
- Box Camera Beauties 1,382 photos, 264 members
- lomographic generation 15,747 photos, 397 members
- Sabre 620 92 photos, 32 members
- green cameras only ! 97 photos, 18 members
- Imperial Cameras 330 photos, 115 members
- *FILM* Club 168,578 photos, 2,673 members
- Deericorn 31 photos, 31 members
- Sad Cart 1,723 photos, 206 members
- 110 film camera 6,247 photos, 953 members
- I was a child photographer! 261 photos, 74 members
- 110 Format 6,510 photos, 878 members
- woca 771 photos, 81 members
- HOLGA WOCA 120 G 856 photos, 132 members
- Grocery Store Art 41 photos, 78 members
- LOMO LC-A (no xpro) 2,425 photos, 222 members
- Cake Wrecks 129 photos, 124 members
- film damaged by radiation, heat, water, time, in processing,... 4,243 photos, 1,143 members
- Lo-Fi Lovelies 115,326 photos, 6,551 members
- Fossilised Film 1,791 photos, 182 members
- Film Destroyers 7,311 photos, 1,063 members
- !! I Shoot Rollei Film !! 3,886 photos, 232 members
- Lomo Junkies 101,437 photos, 4,120 members
"stOOpidgErL is a BAD ASS!"
1st August, 2008
Keys And Memories says:
"Proud to say I own several of her items!"
20th July, 2008
"Kim you're FABULOUS!
You are an amazing talented artist, creative and unique.
Your photos are the type that no one could EVEEEER get bored from.. I could spend all day staring at them... They're sooooo colorful, pretty and cuuuuute!!! If all those items were for sale I would buy them ALL!!!
I truly admire your work and I always wait to see more of your photos :D"
2nd July, 2008
Rainbow Mermaid says:
"I love love love Kim! She is talented, clever, funny, charming, has great taste... I would be all bitter with jealously but I can't help but adore her - she's lovely! Everything she makes, be it a photograph, a resin pendant or some other treasure, she makes it beautifully and with such personality and zest! I just wish I we lived closer to each other! Huge hugs to you stOOpidgErl! xxx"
20th June, 2008
"She's so talented in so many ways! Her use of color in her jewelry, photos and everything else is simply irresistable!"
13th April, 2008
"I'm the proud owner of Kim's photography AND jewelry! Her work is like an explosion at a crayon factory. Fun, colorful goodness!!!"
8th April, 2008
"Holy Sprinkles, Jimmies, Candies & Glitter Batman-! I love my custom piece! Truly, I almost sharted when I just realized it GLOWS IN THE FRIGGIN DARK!
~Kim Sooo Rawks~"
6th February, 2008
Miss Loisy says:
That's all I can say."
6th January, 2008
Marilyn P Sushi says:
"One of THE MOST interesting people on Flickr. I'm so glad she found me...or did I find her? I can't remember anymore."
13th November, 2007
"I think I love you.
I think your creations are wonderful.
I speak the truth.
You are gifted.
I express honest oppinion."
3rd November, 2007
"It's finally about damn time that I meet someone that doesn't have a drivers license like myself in their twenties. Kudos for that and the favorable photos."
24th September, 2007
Shahab Zargari says:
"thanks for adding us as a contact and faving so many photos! keep up the great art!!!!!!!"
14th September, 2007
"During the short time I have known Kim I realize just how talented and sensitive a person and an artist she is. The freak flag is just a shield that is used to ward people off. I see through it. You are genuine, talented and one of a kind. I have learned so many things as a photographer from watching and emulating you. Now that I have completely blown your head up and got all emo on you i'll end this testimonial in keeping with the nature of our relationship by telling you the first thing you told me that really made me like you "shut the f**k up""
16th June, 2006
Easily one of the most vibrant photographic personalities that I've encountered on the interweb, but that is so limiting... there is life beyond Flickr and I'm certain that one day we'll take wonderfully vile photos of eachother.
When I first discovered her work I felt like I wanted to run through fields of cotton candy with her, our Eva Gabor wigs shimmering in the afternoon sun. Then we'd sit in a field, flirting with lyme disease, having a wonderful picnic."
13th June, 2006
"going thru kim's photo stream is total eye candy. she's a visionary and a super talented artist and photographer..in fact, she's one of my favorites. I can't get enough of her work."
19th May, 2006
Maya Newman says:
"Kim's work is amazingly colourful, and wonderfully eccentric, her Holga images are some of the best I have ever seen!"
9th April, 2006
Tod Brilliant says:
"Just a ridiculoulsly talented artist. I don't know what else to say about her. . .flies the freak flag with pride, thank god, and isn't afraid of the dark. There's more, I'm sure, but my head is pounding on day three of a zinger headache. Long story short, she rocks and so do her pictures. I'll ammend this later to make her sound more like Mother Teresa with clown shoes."
8th March, 2006
dennis largo schulz says:
"Kim, you are such a powerful outstanding creative Freak - i LOVE your work! Thank you very much for checking out some of my pics - it's such a pleasure to browse through yours - right on :-)"
1st March, 2006
"I've known Kim and her works through Polanoid.com & toycamera.com for under a year now, but feel I've known her a lot longer.
She is incredibly creative, funny, sexy, delightfully irreverent and one of the most enthusiastic forces of nature I have encountered in a long time. I am very glad to know her. Keep an eye on this gErL, I predict BIG things for her...and her art."
24th February, 2006
- February 2006
- St. Clair Shores & Algonac (MI)
- Mount Clemens, MI, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- photographer / resin jewelry designer
- My Etsy