Count me among the legion of amateur photographers who began their affair with photography in the company of a Cannon AE-1. I focused on nature and wildlife photography, but took on a few senior portraits and wedding photos to pay for dark room chemicals. Over the years that passion cooled a bit, as other priorities competed for time.
Now that I'm having fun at Flickr, I sprung for a Nikon D200 and love it!
I get to travel frequently, but most of my photos are taken in Ohio, Minnesota, Ontario (Canada) and now Arizona – places where I have family, live or play.
Thanks to Flickr for introducing me to a wonderful community of great people and talented photographers who teach me something new every day. I’m honored by any of you who stop by or write a comment. Thanks!
Photos of Steve took it (4)
- Art Tumulus 3 photos, 3 members
- DROP CITY 97 photos, 28 members
- flickr every day! 31,743 photos, 697 members
- Youngtimers 16,314 photos, 1,282 members
- Seasons on me 30,964 photos, 1,431 members
- Eye Catchers 41,596 photos, 986 members
- GreenScene**** ~ [ post 1/award 2 ] 13,959 photos, 995 members
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 14,476 photos, 938 members
- Boing Boing 80,614 photos, 4,697 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 20,625 photos, 523 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 26,550 photos, 2,400 members
- Pawsome phoDOGraphy 66,932 photos, 3,571 members
- ! love my dog(s) 281,769 photos, 16,986 members
- Playful Dogs of Flickr 10,182 photos, 893 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 26,135 photos, 1,450 members
- Dog Expressions 287,007 photos, 28,266 members
- Puppy Love 46,357 photos, 5,524 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 21,552 photos, 1,675 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 7,153 photos, 597 members
- Light Stalking 37,001 photos, 2,445 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,517,668 photos, 78,248 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 73,072 photos, 4,063 members
- CAR [directory] 車 447,379 photos, 15,957 members
- Cars Cars Cars 607,509 photos, 17,894 members
- Car-photographer's digest 5,323 photos, 6,366 members
- CARS - السيارات - 車 - Autos - coches - автомоб 473,606 photos, 6,342 members
- * CARS, CARS, AND MORE CARS!!! (NEW AWARDS) 87,654 photos, 3,476 members
- Breath-Takingly Beautiful(NO PEOPLE!!!) 26,673 photos, 1,463 members
- OLD CARS 167,909 photos, 3,239 members
- World of Classic Cars 372,936 photos, 11,592 members
- Early Cars to 1980's Cars 4,532 photos, 69 members
- Ohio Barns and Farms - Moderated Group 66 photos, 19 members
- ~nature meets structure~2 comments 25,448 photos, 2,131 members
- All about World 131,244 photos, 2,366 members
- Vision Quality 10 000 (P1/F2/C2) 321 photos, 155 members
- DM's Lair 11,306 photos, 579 members
- The PARAGON Gallery~Admin Invite - P1/A2-no heavy texture!! 14,014 photos, 892 members
- **Simply Superb (Post 1 & Comment 3)** 65,101 photos, 4,282 members
- Inspired by the group of seven 15 photos, 10 members
- MACRO MAGISTER - Invite only - (Post 1/ Comm 2) 4,620 photos, 338 members
- SOLO GOTAS 7,618 photos, 1,153 members
- 100+ Masterpieces (Post one, Comment and Fave One) 2,519 photos, 228 members
- canada the land the people the history and experience 16,555 photos, 306 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 33,997 photos, 2,914 members
- The Physics Classroom Flickr Group 2,515 photos, 266 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 167,118 photos, 8,923 members
- ***SCREAM OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER*** 1,590,580 photos, 39,280 members
- Lovely villages, fields, meadows, swamps & countryside 236,876 photos, 7,020 members
- Through a Macro Lens & Close-Up Photography ~~ P1/A1 1,362 photos, 161 members
- Water Drop Magic 2,380 photos, 273 members
"Never wasting an opportunity is what makes you such a great photographer. Seeing that something extra in the mundane every day events and objects in your world and then bringing what you see to life through your pictures... you are truely a joy and an inspiration to have as a contact (friend)."
25th December, 2009
Dr Tao says:
"His Great Aunt Gertrude turned 100. Her favorite restaurant - Red Lobster. Nice, eh? Well, "Steve took it " is amazing not less than his Great Aunt. May be, that's why he can hear the quiet looking at fog. At reflections. At lake.
And may be, that's why clouds break & flowers glow - at just right time.Especially for him! Why? Because.... he knows how
to look at Beauty. At more worlds in worlds. How to look:
at cloudy water. At silhouettes. At first snow. At night palms. At autumn sunbeams. At silent stream.
BTW, Steve particularly fascinated with "raws of drops". He is documenting a Mystical Whisper of Universe:
Drops of last summer garden. Drops in drops. Sparkling drops of Spring. Drops of Art. Drops of Garden. Drops of roses. Drops of hearts. Drops of flowers. Drops of rainbow. ..
Well, he discovered how to transform waterdrops into a magic
realm of Art. Steve is the only one, who could create still life art
within drop motif. He experiments with fragile Universe inside fragile Worlds.
Yes, waterdrops are such simple objects. Actually only dharmas are more elementary. Oh, waterdrops - his true "Dhammapada". His "the path of dharma". Not in vain his fascination with watedrops has a very strong Zen-flavour. At this point "Steve took it" is the "awakened one". He is "awakened" from the fleetingness of everyday life into the permanence of the divine.
On one hand, he explores the minute details of nature, the everyday objects that go unnoticed. However on an other one, it"s not hard to see - "Steve took it" discovers the Worlds of complexity hidden in this simplest tiny drops of water. He has the most deep sense of Mystery of this unknown fragile Universe.
Surely, Steve is a High Class Photographer. Extremely refined Artist with absolutely creative vision & with unique sensitivity. Marvelous individual. A true sage. Philosopher. One of Flickr"s true treasures.... Scuzate me, while I kiss this guy ( kidding)."
31st August, 2007
"Steve's artistry and vision inspire me - he sees an exquisite world I never notice and brings it to my attention - what a gift. I look forward to checking out his latest work on my Google Reader page nearly every day and it always feeds my hunger for beauty."
12th August, 2007
"I joined Flickr two years ago and one of my first discoveries was the Steve factor. Steve is an artist, a naturalist, a story teller and a comedian. More importantly, he is genuine. He's one of those people you just know you would like to meet someday.
I think I was one of the first members of his fan club back then when we were both newbies, and 94 faves later, I still love this dear friend and his photography. Seriously, how could you resist a guy with a silly grin, sitting in a canoe with a suit on while he tells you about his cat with supernatural powers?!? Just when I think his world's gotten too big to remember an old friend, he proves me wrong.
So here's to you, Steve, and to the next 94 faves!"
26th July, 2007
Innamorata Crush says:
"Steve's been with me for aaaaages, I am in awe of his wildlife photos, how he highlights personality in the image, his moose... just wonderful. It is easy to take steve for granted, his work is consistantly top, you expect to wow, and even so he can still get you with magical moments of light setting or rising, reflections on water, colours in leaves, flowers in raindrops.Today it was a comparitively simple image of freezing frost and trees all white and ghosty that made me gasp. For a valuable moment I was a mad, heart-broken woman wandering the cold woods looking for something I need very badly but never ever find.
thank you for being such a great, supportive friend, and for all your photgraphs.
24th February, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Steve is a brilliant photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. He produces world class images day after day....week after week.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's images here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Steve is a leader within the community, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
31st December, 2006
Is one of my earlier contact on flickr.
I have visited his site here & goes through his images. I would like to testified that he is not a photographer!!
Steve is a Digital Imaging Artist, each of his master pieces are very well directed, compose, contrast, color, Positioning, planning.....
To sum up the total quality control & production.
I salute you for your efforts & contribution in sharing your treasure with us on the net.
You are a great artist....
Please network with him more often!!"
2nd September, 2006
"I just spent the morning looking through Steve's images, and the total effect was staggering. He has a wonderful eye for light and composition, as well as the technical skill to capture what he sees. His work inspires me to pay attention, be patient, and master the tools."
18th January, 2006
"Steve Wall is one of my absolute favorite flickr photographers. His photos have a glow and snap that make them seem to jump right off the screen and his wit and inner vision make each one a delight. I look forward to seeing his latest work on my contacts page every day."
16th December, 2005
- Steve Wall
- December 2004