An Englishman living in Canada.
Dedicated fine art photography graduate who is passionate about imagery as a form of expression and communication. I give great emphasis to self-challenge, within the realms of photography and video, to convey impressions, emotions and statements conclusively.
Hopefully my work entertains and motivates others to think more.
I also Twitter
- Wearable Art Project 15 photos, 5 members
- SELF-PORTRAIT 175,650 photos, 15,727 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,231 photos, 23,554 members
- Lego Advent Calendar 543 photos, 28 members
- Tron 1,561 photos, 368 members
- Movie Inspired Madness 133 photos, 17 members
- Photoshop Professionals 56,859 photos, 5,126 members
- Photomanipulation 68,233 photos, 6,676 members
- Photographic Art 109,159 photos, 4,651 members
- LEGO MOC ideas 292 photos, 88 members
- Monthly Scavenger Hunt 109,781 photos, 3,863 members
- I LOVE THE OCEAN! 60,804 photos, 4,157 members
- Boards of Canada 4,036 photos, 520 members
- Flickr Natural History Museum 5,651 photos, 445 members
- Taxidermy 5,609 photos, 835 members
- Self Portraits 117,415 photos, 9,642 members
- Toys Aren't Just For Kids :) 784 photos, 37 members
- All photos group 22,756 photos, 233 members
- Downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada 1,355 photos, 30 members
- Club Grimlock 84 photos, 22 members
- Chipmunks And Squirrels 3,091 photos, 538 members
- Portraits Of Transformers 1,418 photos, 72 members
- Hipstamatic Canada 3,280 photos, 156 members
- Télégramme Magazine 19,462 photos, 1,026 members
- Aut - Aut - Video 24 photos, 13 members
- Photos Unite Us 185 photos, 61 members
- FLICKR! GOES VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO 3,735 photos, 680 members
- MOVIE WATCHER 395 photos, 73 members
- Starbucks Cups 102 photos, 34 members
- MARVEL ACTION FIGURES, COLLECTIBLES AND COSTUMES 3,862 photos, 345 members
- Zombie Army 14,575 photos, 2,031 members
- Zombie Walk Canada 3,431 photos, 259 members
- OUTERSPACE 2,254 photos, 320 members
- T-Shirts 17,383 photos, 5,033 members
- T-Shirt Revolution 18,300 photos, 3,794 members
- T-Shirt Design 26,172 photos, 5,363 members
- The Teefury Product Pic Pool 319 photos, 80 members
- Mission 24 3,189 photos, 1,162 members
- creepy rabbits 1,020 photos, 360 members
- Weddings 109,460 photos, 10,140 members
- Shoot Me, Shoot You 32 photos, 33 members
- Retro Toys 3,107 photos, 252 members
- Retrø 25,638 photos, 4,714 members
- Brighton Explore Images ( taken in Brighton and Hove, England) 526 photos, 70 members
- Canon EOS 500D (aka Rebel T1i & Kiss X3 Digital) 200,265 photos, 6,860 members
- OneMillionGiraffes 538 photos, 60 members
- Rural Britain in Medium Format 1,952 photos, 131 members
- Creative concepts 18,731 photos, 1,291 members
- Dark ART 156,288 photos, 15,199 members
- Odd, Strange, Abnormal 12,640 photos, 804 members
"From his clever and creative self-portraits, to his highly imaginative "Other Worlds" remixes, to his thoughtful observations of life, and so much more -- Matt has a true "artist's eye" that is a pure wonder to behold.
And the fact that he's a fellow geek, and that comes out a lot in his work, is just icing on the cake!
He's a true rising star talent, and definitely one to watch!"
31st August, 2009
Sion Fullana says:
"Some day, Matt will TRULY realize how HUGE an artist he already is... in the meantime... we all know it... and I'll be here day after day, photo after photo, to remind him of it...
Creativity, some geekiness, and tons of talent..."
26th July, 2009
"Discovered Fanboy30 (Matt) through the 365 project and found we had a mutual liking for abstract and minimalistic photography. Matt is capable of catching detail and texture in a way that I can only dream of, which is why I hate his f****** guts:) Nah....
Hes got spirit and integrity with genuine talent and it shows in his photographs. I also think hes a vampire.
I'm glad to have met you sir and look forward to meeting you in person one day.
22nd July, 2009
"Matt has an amazing capacity to capture honesty and humanity with his photos. He always knows when to press the shutter button, to catch that glint in someone's eye as they speak. He inspires me to do better, and that's perhaps the greatest compliment I can give."
11th June, 2009
Yellow Bear says:
"Looking back through Matts self-portraits has made me realise just how many creative/original ideas are in the guys head! so many photos with so much diversity between them! I haven't seen a better 365 project.
His other photography also has a unique stlye, drawing attention to the important things in his life.
He's a truely lovely guy, I wish I could have met him earlier!"
22nd January, 2009
"There isn't a time that I view Fanboy30's work and not find something that I say "wow" over... There are so many layers and styles that I can say he's any one type of photographer, and I'd imagine that's exactly what he wants. Thanks for the inspiration!"
15th January, 2009
"I wonder why I haven't wrote anything here yet...
ANYWAY, Matt is the best! As I've said once: talking to him is like an 90's rock kid talking to Axel Rose.
He's funny, he listens, he inspires, and he gives hope!
YOU GO MATT!"
19th November, 2008
Andy Simpson AKA says:
"A clarity of colour, texture and composition that's been a real inspiration to me. Also a great player in the renaissance of the Brighton group, and he's a Photoshop ninja too.
Top stuff Matt!"
27th October, 2008
"There's so much emotion in Matt's photography, from the humorous highs to moments of vulnerability. He maintains such a high quality of work throughout the thousands of photos in his stream. His 365 set is *not* to be missed. I'm always excited to see what he has up his sleeves. He's an incredibly talented photographer who I know will be doing big things some day. Cheers!!"
24th March, 2008
Mister Rad says:
"I don't really feel that I'm worthy of writing this, but I've been meaning to give it a try for ages, so here goes.
You don't need to delve deep into Matt's photo-stream to see how much talent he has, but it's worth it if you do. He's got an incredible eye for finding that one spontaneous shot - over and over again. Of course, it doesn't end there, because the thought that goes into the post-production on every shot is considered and careful. He puts a lot in and as a viewer, you get a lot out.
Then, of course, there's the effort he puts in to creating a shot. If he's not out observing the amazing things in the world around us, he's creating something interesting and fascinating to see. His portraits in particular (of himself and of others) are amazing.
I'm glad I can call Matt a friend, and I always enjoy his shots. Cheers, mate. And keep 'em coming. :)"
23rd March, 2008
pete sonntag says:
"Matt is a great accomplished photographer. He manages to take the most simple shots and turn them into a masterpiece.
I know this because we have taken images of the same thing and his always look fantastic while mine were not even worth opening with PS.
When he uses props, his shots become absolutely stunning, captivating and beautiful.
Every time i log into Flickr i look at Matt's photostream, just to see what he's been up to.
If you are reading this you will already know he is talented, o and also looks very cool in dapper clothes. So I'm glad i added him as a contact a few months ago.
We've met up a few times and enjoyed a few pints of cider at our local boozery, he's a really nice person, great in fact, gentle, always friendly and easy to talk to, also he is kind and good with kids. My little boy loves him and the contents of his pockets (camera, wallet, phone).
Great images as always Matt, keep up the work and also keep an eye out for that next project.
6th October, 2007
"Matt... always clever and always well thought out! you really get a sense that he is at one with his camera. his shots always have great details, quality and overall jazz! there isn't a day that goes by where you will see a marginal photo in his stream! they are always top shelf and ROCK STAR! of course he is a big tosser... but we don't hold that against him. =)"
17th June, 2007
"It's difficult to say anything new that hasn't already been said about Matt and his superb photography. My regret is that I wasn't able to type a testimonial before others did, so they would struggle like I am doing now.
I see a lot of myself in Matt and his work (and no doubt, you do too). This is not to say that Matt isn't original, he most certainly is. He takes the photographs and has the capacity to record an observation, an emotion, an object or a subject that we would readily pass by. Does he have extra sight? I think so.
His execution is outstanding in ways that I could never even come close to.
I would like to close now and use the word "burp', for no other reason apart from the fact that no other person has used this in their testimonial for Matt. A random word, just to add a little originality; mainly for myself, to make me smile at least.
Matt - you are a star, and I adore you :)"
8th June, 2007
"Matt is a fantastic photographer. With over 4000 photos on flickr it blows me away how consistently high the quality and variation of his work is. He puts his true feelings and emotions out there for all to see and I admire him hugely for that. He has been very supportive of my work and I have enjoyed getting to know him. He has threatened to come to Cambridge to meet up and I really look forward to that (but I am slightly scared too:) )."
7th June, 2007
"Matt makes me notice that it is important for expressing yourself. Either good, bad, horribly negative, somewhat upsetting or anything. He inspires me all the time and I'm grateful for being friends with him!"
2nd April, 2007
".......i try to write for 20 minutes, and dont find the right words of telling you, how often i like pictures of you//from you. you remind me of a little boy, playing and forgetting whats happening around him, and this makes you special..................another 20 minutes later.......okay and youre sexy!
22nd January, 2007
"Matt's unique take on the world comes through, with the force of a steam train, in his photography. His love of capturing the slightly off kilter and sometimes disturbing keeps me coming back day after day.
He can inspire joy, fear, happiness and sadness just by switching on his camera, and pulling a face, or wearing a costume, or sitting nude (that's the fear bit :D ).
He is a true inspiration in the world of Flickr, and has pushed me to be more creative in my own work. I'm glad to have stumbled across his work."
30th November, 2006
"Oh, my heart be still. Matt's self images capture humility, humor, tenderness and skill without ever becoming silly or trite, a task not many can pull off. In this case he's the perfect subject and photographer, all rolled into one. He's an inspiration to me, that's for sure.
I'd like to comment on all his other amazing photos, but I can't past his self images just yet. Give me time!"
25th November, 2006
" Matt is a hugely talented photographer-its a real natural gift with him.I reckon you could give him any camera and any location and in no time he`d be creating fantastic images.
Wide ranging themes from dark and twisted cinematic images to the quirky,humourous,facets of everyday life feature in his work. Add to that his enthusiasm, humanity and an ability to see so much of the world with fresh eyes.Matt your work really is inspirational and works on so many levels,I`m glad to know you mate!
13th October, 2006
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Matthew J Parsons Photography