strussler's photostream Pro User
Easy going bloke, I enjoy my motorcycle, bicycles, and cameras, and I love the countryside and villages around Surrey, Sussex, and Hampshire.
...That was my initial profile description of myself, so I thought that now I should update it, having been on flickr for about 9 months. First thing to say, is just how addictive flickr is, which if you've been a member for any length of time, you'll already be aware of that ;-)) It's improved my picture taking, it's brought me many varied and interesting friends. I never tire of browsing through the vast number of images, in fact 99% of my online time is spent right here on flickr!
Due to being on flickr I've been included in "What Digital Camera" magazine's article about flickr...that was the March 2007 edition...Now there's a compliment!
I get to the weekends feeling the need to get on a bike in search of new images, and even if I'm not taking pics, I'm looking for future opportunities.
My cameras consist of Canon EOS 350D - Canon EOS 5D - Canon EOS 5D MkII - Canon PowerShot G9 - Mamiya C330 (film) - Minolta X-300 (film) - Minolta X-700 (film) - Fuji GW690 (film) - Ricoh Caplio GX - Revere 33 stereo camera (film) and even a hardly used 5x4 field camera. All acquired over a lot of years. ...
I have a love of black and white film, but digital makes me extremely lazy in that respect, even though digital can't compete with its quality...yet!!
I've been around since May 1955, I live in the west of Surrey in good old "Blighty"...and I guess that's it for now.
Oh, one more thing; my England does not revolve around 11 overpaid ponces in white shirts...enough said!!
Well, now about 2 years have passed since joining the flickr community, and things have moved on a little. I have some contacts that I'd now call friends, and one or two who have become very dear to me. It's so much like a family, that I'm saddened when regular visitors delete, or disappear out of sight. There are some lovely people here on flickr, and I look forward to meeting more in the future, and sharing the enjoyment we all have in photographing the world as we see it.
..It's now July 2010, my G9 has "gone west" so I've replaced it with the PowerShot D10, an underwater camera that is purely point and shoot, and it seems like it'll be a fun addition to my little collection. ;-))
..Update.. the D10 went wrong after just 3 weeks, then another 2 weeks for Warehouse Express to get it back and agree to refund my money. I was less than impressed by the service, which is a shame because I've always had great service from them before. Mind you, that was when I was buying, and this was when I had a problem. Does that tell you something?
Anyway, I now have a Canon PowerShot S90, which I bought when the D10 went wrong, and touch wood it'll be ok.. ;-))
Well, just about time for another update.. The G9 is back in the fold after an expensive (but worthwhile) repair, and now I also have the Canon EOS 60D, and not only that, but I have found a little enthusiasm for shooting film again (might be a passing phase) so I've bought a secondhand Mamiya RZ67 Pro II to play with ;) ..oh, and a Canon EOS-1v 35mm SLR I bought on eBay.
strussler's flickr score: 1339
- Elite Racing Club 70 photos, 9 members
- Northchapel Working Steam Show 34 photos, 5 members
- digital compact only -- p1 / a2 -- open EXIF -- 8,906 photos, 517 members
- *Female Sport* 8,523 photos, 418 members
- Canon EOS-1 Series (EOS-1 EOS-1N EOS-1V) 5,970 photos, 694 members
- Batemans - Home of Rudyard Kipling 471 photos, 78 members
- Tour of Britain 2012 710 photos, 82 members
- FP 100c 4,908 photos, 743 members
- The Portrait Group 2,058,300 photos, 130,557 members
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM 9,267 photos, 1,449 members
- Canon EF40mm STM Pancake Lens 33 photos, 2 members
- Today´s Specials* 719 photos, 95 members
- Mamiya RZ67 / Pro & Pro II (NO RB) 11,647 photos, 1,597 members
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM 3,622 photos, 664 members
- Corset 4,833 photos, 1,820 members
- Panasonic Lumix Waterproof 3,281 photos, 320 members
- Visit London 14,068 photos, 571 members
- Canon EOS 60D Owners' Club 132,380 photos, 4,659 members
- Canon EOS 60D - Official Group 267,514 photos, 10,861 members
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. 128,926 photos, 11,716 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 32,347 photos, 2,395 members
- Hindhead 492 photos, 35 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 39,487 photos, 3,430 members
- Deliberate Motion Blur: The Best of the Movers and Shakers! 21,817 photos, 2,592 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,246,724 photos, 192,529 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 12,393 photos, 438 members
- Canon S90 Street Photography 1,885 photos, 238 members
- Canon EF 35mm f2 14,964 photos, 1,680 members
- Pray for Japan 2,080 photos, 510 members
- Canon PowerShot S90 48,116 photos, 3,152 members
- Farming Life 14,702 photos, 959 members
- Flickr Digital P&S Camera Club 114,608 photos, 2,127 members
- Dragonfly Gallery - P1 C1 Please 43,053 photos, 4,692 members
- womens rugby - rugby femminile - rugby feminin - rugby femenino 4,470 photos, 309 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 167,888 photos, 8,139 members
- Surrey Wildlife 7,388 photos, 104 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 31,687 photos, 1,723 members
- Get Surrey 9,436 photos, 727 members
- TLC photography [upload 1 comment 2] 58,790 photos, 3,435 members
- Light...Camera...Action ! (P1/A2) 1,922 photos, 346 members
- scrumqueens.com 880 photos, 27 members
- Canon PowerShot D10 3,409 photos, 419 members
- Guildford High Street UK 384 photos, 67 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 588,248 photos, 46,670 members
- The lilac Symphony, post 1 - award 3 15,663 photos, 3,099 members
- Newlands Corner 364 photos, 28 members
- Silver Efex Pro 37,871 photos, 2,179 members
- Black and White Photographic Art 2,385 photos, 83 members
- Hampshire Public Houses 2,181 photos, 173 members
- LIZA'S Enchanting PHOTO-GARDEN!! (INVITED Only!) 35,473 photos, 6,388 members
"In his name!
Steeeeeeve?! He's the best teacher in the world! I'm his student ;)
He's a very very very kind friend and clever too! :P
Despite our different ages, We are great friends!
He has a very lovely character!
His photos are nice and I can say that he's improving too!
Oh and a V.I.T! (Very important thing :P=))) )! He has many cameras that he can open a camera store with them! Hahaaaa... :))
Wish I had them too :(
Oh and he's a Taurus too! Just like me :D
I bet you know that Tauruses are great! don't you? :P:P:P Hahaha!
Hmmm... I think I should remember that I'm writing a Testimonial not a novel! Hahaaaaaa! :)))
Wish you all the luck in the world Mr. Trussler! :P :D
10th January, 2010
'GHAZALEH GHAZANFARI' says:
"Steve is a kind man that I see , He is so polite and so generous. He likes Iranians and Iranians like him …He really is a gentleman, and his photo's are so beautifull
I can never forget his kindness.."
31st March, 2009
cheap as chips says:
"Stunning pictures from someone that "has the eye" for fantastic pictures. From Olde England thru to contemporary, all captured with ambience that only the best photographers can achive."
11th October, 2008
'Mehrdad Mortezaee' says:
"Not only he's great in photography, but also I love his character, he's the one who completely change my point of view to British people! Caring, generous and always there when you want a friend! I should be thankful to him for the great camera he gave me :) I can't express him in words anyway ... lots to say, confined words!"
7th June, 2008
AnnuskA - AnnA Theodora says:
"Steve is great! a great person, a great photographer! He has such wonderful photos of villages! they are so different and amazing to me that seems they are from another world! ;-)
his images carry such a sense of art and poetry! I'm really glad to have found here on flickr and I hope if we ever meet, that he'll take me to the places he likes to take photos! :D
and I just love his comments on my photos :D hahahaaha
Thanks Steve, for being such a nice person to me!! ;***"
6th December, 2007
""Steve has a spirit as fresh and colorful as the pictures he takes. He is a skilled photographer with a great eye for colour and unique composition. His encouraging comments, as mentioned by Gordon str, are the joy of being involved in Flickr!""
6th July, 2007
"Steve is a skilled and intelligent photographer with a great eye for light and colour. His compositional skills are excellent. But above all his enjoyment of and passion for photography comes across in all his pictures and his notes.
He is a loyal and very encouraging contact. Such as Steve are the joy of being involved in Flickr."
25th January, 2007
- August 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Steve's Place