After getting married and taking my (relatively capable) point & shoot digital camera on my honeymoon, I realized how frustrated I was by P&S cameras' slow speed, limited zoom, horrific interface (no dedicated buttons, sliders, knobs, etc.), and less capable optics.
So, I decided to enter the DSLR world, as affordably as I could. Enter the Nikon D40. I chose it over the Pentax, Olympus, and Canon competitors mostly because I read good things about the pictures that come out of it, and because I really liked the interface. I'm a stickler for a good interface, and while it's not perfect, it's better than the others I tried. So far the only thing I'm missing on here is bracketing. Even my P&S has that capability, and I miss it.
I've got the kit 18-55mm lens, and also picked myself up a 55-200mm VR. So far, I'm quite impressed by the vibration reduction feature.
srslyguys' favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- Lightscoop Users 1,679 photos, 1,059 members
- CCGalleria 1,396 photos, 98 members
- Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF] Model A16 81,877 photos, 4,642 members
- Fountain Pens 6,362 photos, 1,228 members
- Fountain Pen Network 4,430 photos, 566 members
- Strobist Gear 21,671 photos, 4,081 members
- FlickrCentral 6,687,013 photos, 197,100 members
- New York City 606,843 photos, 42,370 members
- saddest new york city panda 74 photos, 71 members
- NJ Strobist Meets 1,486 photos, 348 members
- NIKON USERS ONLY 37,216 photos, 1,724 members
- Strobist.com 582,827 photos, 116,216 members
- Bunny Lovers Unite 81,913 photos, 5,416 members
- "Nikon DX Challenge Group" [Dormant] 6,540 photos, 3,100 members
srslyguys doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2007
- Lincoln Park, NJ, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken