Flickr has reminded me of the importance of photography. My contacts post jawdroppers daily. I like to see original takes on just about everything. And I appreciate a good story whenever there's one to be told.
I love San Francisco, and I'm quite fond of NYC.
Some of my ACR and Lightroom presets are available here
- being (film only) 3,185 photos, 665 members
- Film Photography Podcast 132,093 photos, 4,510 members
- Roll in a day; next dates: RAD December 2013, see DIARY 1,579 photos, 580 members
- ☂6 X 6☂ 4,938 photos, 2,175 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,282 photos, 1,313 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,914 photos, 23,192 members
- *emera bags 38 photos, 25 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,461 members
- The Adventures of Mr Shark 37 photos, 17 members
- Noctilux F1.0 Photographs 22,972 photos, 1,943 members
- Hasselblad 228,498 photos, 11,400 members
- 7x7 Holiday 289 photos, 37 members
- Fictitious Reality 27th Exhibition-jaime m / Jaime Monfort 20 photos, 439 members
- lovely blinding sun 153 photos, 49 members
- Digital Photography School 243,145 photos, 16,836 members
- 7x7 Magazine - SF Neighborhoods - Get Published! 17,602 photos, 705 members
- FLICKR TURNS 5.25 - THE PARTY! 435 photos, 43 members
- Flickr 5.25 1,079 photos, 1,378 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,081 photos, 1,335 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 17,313 photos, 1,161 members
- BYOBW 3,097 photos, 136 members
- Enjoy Camera Life! 548 photos, 38 members
- San Francisco Magazine 9,339 photos, 339 members
- Lomo's aren't just for happy snaps 1,352 photos, 429 members
- Four Barrel Coffee 101 photos, 22 members
- headcovers 156 photos, 120 members
- Cinnamon Rose Actions and Presets 10,397 photos, 1,204 members
- San Francisco Lovefest 3,486 photos, 404 members
- la familia abrazada 2,351 photos, 1,048 members
- La rue est à nous (the street is ours) 16,998 photos, 799 members
- Bokeh Wednesday 53,198 photos, 2,931 members
- Blartsy 2,119 photos, 260 members
- Street Portrait Classics.... The Book 91 photos, 156 members
- OneLight Workshop Fans & Alumni 15,158 photos, 3,021 members
- Nouvelle Vague 12,265 photos, 1,343 members
- Conscience is the Color Green: San Francisco 29 photos, 22 members
- we have fun and megapixels bore the shit out of us 80,148 photos, 3,070 members
- Je Biscotte 262 photos, 158 members
- Toshiro Masuki Style 1,211 photos, 177 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,498 photos, 5,054 members
- photo[Slap] 22,744 photos, 1,621 members
- Heso Magazine Reader's Group 1,104 photos, 206 members
- Film Database 34,741 photos, 3,791 members
- Provia (400X/RXP/RDPIII/RHPIII) 7,404 photos, 1,377 members
- HOLGA NIGHTS 5,577 photos, 1,453 members
- Cosina Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.2 10,214 photos, 866 members
- M6 & MP LEICA 66,197 photos, 2,967 members
- Leica Black and White 149,022 photos, 3,717 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 27,645 photos, 1,899 members
- Holga 249,970 photos, 19,389 members
"In case you are in danger of forgetting what childhood is like, never fear. Doublecappuccino is here. His depictions of childhood are always honest and never patronizing."
3rd April, 2009
"I could lie and say he SUCKS but then I would be lying.....He is far better than most people that click shutters....It is as if Seth has pushed the 'Pause" button, made his image, and then pushed "Play" and let the world continue as it were."
5th January, 2009
the half-blood prince says:
"seth rocks. no, like he really, really rocks. i visit his stream regularly, and i'm constantly floored by all the quality work he puts out. he is a jedi master with both medium format and digital, and i'm sure he could make art out of a 1mp camera phone, too. i look forward to his photos in the future, and all i can do is hope--hope to keep up. cheers!"
29th May, 2008
"love to see coverage of s.f --
my favourite city in the usa"
24th May, 2008
Josh Thompson says:
"Seth's photostream is full of one fantastic composition after another. It's clear that he's not only the master of an impressive array of gear, but that he's got an instinct for making a good photo with any gear. He's the type of contact I really hope to learn something from, because if I get to be half as good as he is I'll be proud of myself."
1st April, 2008
"Seth is one of my favorite Flickr photographers and personalities. He commented on one of the first pictures I posted on Flickr in July of '06, and I've been following him since.
I love his photographs, there is often a candid quality and he somehow manages to fire the shutter at exactly the right time. His work with film has been an inspiration to me. As I pop in and out of the film world I always look to Seth for direction and inspiration.
One of my favorite things about Seth is that, although we've never met, I know I'd really like him. He values what's really important, his family and friends, and his pictures show it. He also expresses a real love for life and simple things. The guy pretty much kicks ass. Glad to know him on Flickr and look forward to the day we meet in real life, because I have some questions about one of my cameras."
26th March, 2008
"It's hard to get past Seth's beautiful kids. I have a special spot for his golden little curly girl!... But not only do him and his wife make such beautiful little ones he is an amazing photographer. His ventures into film have inspired me to learn even more about photography and not relying on a digital review screen.
*ETA. Seth and I go way back.. i'm talking pre McSethness and McDreamy's twin. Just had to throw that in there."
17th March, 2008
The Foamy Green says:
"Quite possibly, the best child photographs on Flickr. It's so rare to find personality so richly conveyed in photography but Doublecappuccino does it consistently. And that's just one aspect of his body of work. Whether he's going with the Holga or the Leica, more often than not, he just nails it. Simply nails it."
24th January, 2008
"I've recently discovered the double goodness of the double cappuccino.
Seth is one of my favourite flickrites..he can shoot the hell out of a roll of film and I wish there were more photographers that were as big into film as he is.
Each time I visit his stream, he inspires me to go out and fall back in love with my film cameras."
22nd January, 2008
The Soul's Muse/Jenn says:
"McDreamy is extremely McTalented, not to mention McWitty and McKind. A true McGem. XOXO."
4th January, 2008
Lucy's 10 Lives says:
"Seth is one of the warmest communicators I've ever come across and his dedication to his family and art shows in his photography. One can't be helped but be inspired."
19th September, 2007
"As a self proclaimed amateur, he raises the bar for other amateurs. He has an eye for photography that makes me want to take better photos. I love the photos of his family and friends. A great photostream that I check regularly. flickr contacts like this make flickr a community."
1st November, 2006
"I'm not sure how I first found Doublecappuccino's photos (or how he found mine), but I'm very glad I did: his photography is eye-catching, engaging, and full-to-burst with a genuine sense of joy. The latter is very important, because it is often hard to find that kind of warmth on Flickr. And I get the feeling that that warmth (for both the subject matter and the process of capturing it) comes from the man himself. Take a look at one of his many wonderful portraits, or at one of his numerous fascinating nature studies, and judge for yourself. I will certainly be following his work for some time to come."
17th August, 2006
"I have thoroughly enjoyed watching doublecappuccino evolve in his work, pretty much along with me. it's been a fun journey, and the results speak for themselves. DoubleC's portraits of his family are beautiful and tender and reveal some serious skill in b&w conversion. He's also a constant encouraging presence on Flickr, with nothing but nice things to say."
8th July, 2006
- S e t h
- December 2005
- SF, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Seth Restaino - SF Photographer