My digital photography is primarily shared between a Canon 5D Mark II and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1. The 5D usually sports an EF 50 f/1.2L or EF 16-35mm f/2.8L lens. I also have an EF 100 f/2.8 Macro and EF 135mm f/2.0L in the quiver. The GF1 is a Micro Four Thirds format body with a 20mm f/1.7 pancake and a tasty 7-14mm f/4.0 ultrawide zoom. I also have a trusty Canon 20D that is usually outfitted with an EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. Lately, I’ve been playing with a Sony DSC-QX100 camera that attaches to my iPhone 4.
There are also several hundred images in earlier my photostream taken with a mighty fine Canon G2.
In a previous film-based life, I shot exclusively with a Canon F1 (original body), a customized, black body AE1, and a Mamiya C330 TLR. More than a few Polaroid SX-70 and 600-series have been used to their full creative potential over the past two dozen years as well.
Snap, click, whir, whoosh, ding!
- An Apple A Day 1,533 photos, 498 members
- Hawaii 64,198 photos, 4,777 members
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM 8,117 photos, 1,192 members
- Scotch Whisky 2,153 photos, 412 members
- Type Camp 2,347 photos, 74 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 256,892 photos, 20,493 members
- Tool Porn 6,647 photos, 866 members
- Calgary & Fish Creek Park Nature Photography 2,017 photos, 103 members
- Canon EF 16-35/2.8L II USM 49,955 photos, 3,886 members
- Wonder Walls 2,676 photos, 168 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 81,245 photos, 5,325 members
- Film collectives, processed or unprocessed 75 photos, 63 members
- Apple Inc. 7,697 photos, 1,581 members
- #macintosh 498 photos, 44 members
- Google Chrome 118 photos, 113 members
- Screenshots 4,596 photos, 1,540 members
- FontFonts in use 43 photos, 9 members
- Oldschool Skateboarding 4,060 photos, 1,330 members
- Project Weather 140,772 photos, 36,693 members
- Computer Museum 2,323 photos, 266 members
- Palmtop computers 136 photos, 12 members
- Hamilton Wood Type Museum 2,095 photos, 169 members
- Phototypesetting 260 photos, 41 members
- Codex Magazine 3 photos, 9 members
- iPhone Screenshots 2,150 photos, 713 members
- Old School & Vintage Games 4,423 photos, 606 members
- Writing Machines 4,804 photos, 6,817 members
- Mechanical Calculators & Computers 135 photos, 39 members
- Polaroid Gear 1,004 photos, 250 members
- Give me direction 138 photos, 23 members
- Vacuum Tubes 1,940 photos, 431 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,323 photos, 76 members
- American Type Founders 342 photos, 69 members
- 8 Faces 129 photos, 30 members
- ApplePorn 9,221 photos, 1,665 members
- Cobalt Qube 24 photos, 3 members
- Sites I want to punch in the face 5 photos, 11 members
- Font Aid 67 photos, 41 members
- Commodore VIC-20 62 photos, 6 members
- Strictly Commodore 595 photos, 158 members
- SCSI 51 photos, 17 members
- Hard Drives 271 photos, 102 members
- Alberta Graffiti 201 photos, 41 members
- The hello Show 31 photos, 5 members
- Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH 7,952 photos, 803 members
- Best of Lumix GF1 14,090 photos, 694 members
- Calgary Analogue Photography 4,098 photos, 79 members
- Canon 7 1,369 photos, 103 members
- Printed Circuit Boards 1,689 photos, 364 members
- Fuck Yeah, Calgary 61 photos, 10 members
Seb Payne says:
"He's a hard core Newty and one of the most creative people I can think of. His shots give you a great insight into his life and the places he visit. Look here for Candian and Apple stuff alike. Has offered me some helpful tips in the past. Keep up the fun and good work Grant."
7th January, 2008
Grant Neufeld says:
"A geek among geeks (which, as anyone who knows me well may attest, is a very high compliment indeed)."
21st November, 2006
"A newton genius, designer and blogger with mad chops, helpful and all around nice guy. I point him out whenever someone mentions my compulsion for collecting arcane antique computer crap as a "like minded felon"."
29th September, 2005
"Splorp. Wow. What can I say? He's a delightful chap what is keen on the type and all things design."
2nd June, 2005
"He's a veritable creative machine. Oh, and he collects veritable creative machines. One day I think he'll open a museum dedicated to creative machines. I'm lucky enough to sit across from him everyday and even luckier to call him a curmudgeon, er friend.
Sometimes it's so easy to be better than everyone else."
16th March, 2005
- Grant Hutchinson
- October 2004
- Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Glyph Monkey