Hello! I'm Tricky, and i'm a Freelance Photographer, based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
I started out originally as a landscape photographer, something that i'm still quite passionate about, but commercially i'm working more in marketing, architecture, and documentary photography - you'll see that spilling into my stream occasionally - commission clients include Guinness, Leeds Council, Chetwood Architects/Sainsburys and UK-One Properties.
I love "quirky" events (the quirkier the better) - i've even travelled all the way to alaska just for the "World Beard and Mustache Championships"
Composition and the desire of the viewer to want to be there/find out more are key to what I like to achieve in my images.
Technically, i'm also an "Award Winning" Photographer, having won the National Trust 2009 "Time Well Spent" photography competition, and featured double-page in the middle of the Sunday Times Magazine. Woo :-)
I can supply my photos as either prints or on canvas - all produced through quality professional printing companies. Please get in touch for prices. Some prints are only available as limited numbered+signed collections.
There is a collection of my Cows and Yorkshire Landscape photography currently on show at The Midnight Bell, Water Lane, Holbeck, Leeds (10 minutes wall from Leeds City Train Station). The venue is an amazing gastro-pub, featured in Chef Jamie Olivers' latest book and tv series about best of British food - serving amazing real-ales and stunning food, in a cosy modern environment.
Most of my photography is available to licence as stock. An increasing number of my images are exclusively licenced thru Getty Images, on any photo page you can request to licence the image through Getty, or licence from me directly.
All my photography is (c) Rick Harrison. Some of the older photos are still available as a creative commons non-commercial, attribution licence, but these days I don't release under creative commons as the vast majority of people seem unable to read the licence and/or follow it. Attribution means I must be credited, copyright should be stated with that credit and it should be relatively easy for a viewer to find me (ie please link to my flickr account or website). I also expect the credit to be next to the image - burying the credit at the bottom of the page or on a credits page is not acceptable.
Free/For Credit usage of my photos
If the usage truly is for non-commercial usage, and no-one in the process (designers, staff etc) are making any money, then I'm often more than willing to let my photos be used provided (a) you get in touch first and (b) I am sufficiently credited. For all other usages we can arrange a fee - i've got a mortgage to pay too.
Unauthorized Commercial Usage
If you use my photography without my or Getty Images permission you will receive an invoice and an angry letter. The invoice will be substantially higher than if you had licensed the image from me in advance. I regularly use a variety of technologies for tracking unauthorized use of my work, and it's increasingly easy to find offenders.
My other sites
My Portfolio - details on how to contact/hire me and obtain prints.
You can view my Photography Blog to see what i've been up to lately (and i also post the odd photography tips and tricks).
You can also Follow me on twitter.
- Be My Flickr Valentine 261 photos, 278 members
- Newcastle Upon Tyne group 6,722 photos, 839 members
- Whitley Bay 1,766 photos, 192 members
- Hiroshima 7,409 photos, 372 members
- Miyajima | 宮島 2,033 photos, 197 members
- Japan Images 447,728 photos, 11,250 members
- Temples,Shrines & Castles of Japan. ( + Deities) 日本 60,297 photos, 4,794 members
- Jaume Plensa sculptures 339 photos, 99 members
- Check In Check Off 83 photos, 2 members
- Derwentwater , Keswick 2,240 photos, 232 members
- Keswick 2,179 photos, 187 members
- Scotland, Naturally (NATURE ONLY) 4,835 photos, 227 members
- Starlings 2,492 photos, 456 members
- Movember UK 244 photos, 56 members
- Illuminating York 617 photos, 64 members
- Swillington Farm 21 photos, 4 members
- Photographers' Rights. 237 photos, 3,604 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Harrogate 109 photos, 36 members
- Cute Overload 2,889 photos, 569 members
- lambs and sheep 3,230 photos, 656 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Herriot Country 43 photos, 24 members
- BettaKultcha 108 photos, 5 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: York 455 photos, 61 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: East Yorkshire 337 photos, 62 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Yorkshire Dales 546 photos, 126 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Wakefield 222 photos, 41 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Pennine Yorkshire 167 photos, 45 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Leeds 205 photos, 60 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: The Yorkshire Coast 647 photos, 126 members
- Slaithwaite,West Yorkshire 678 photos, 36 members
- Dewsbury & District 1,177 photos, 37 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 24,266 photos, 2,131 members
- Leeds Civic Trust 3,512 photos, 84 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,180 photos, 23,488 members
- The Northerner 1,349 photos, 124 members
- Guardian Green shoots 17,781 photos, 1,374 members
- BBC Autumnwatch 117,655 photos, 11,884 members
- Leeds Digital Festival 19 photos, 9 members
- Leeds Strobist 1,234 photos, 210 members
- Light Night Leeds 439 photos, 82 members
- VisitEngland 9,676 photos, 448 members
- barbara hepworth 821 photos, 131 members
- National Trust Outdoors 9,793 photos, 956 members
- Manchester, UK 156,845 photos, 5,850 members
- Manchester Evening News pictures 21,317 photos, 797 members
- Bingley 1,072 photos, 65 members
- St Ives and Carbis Bay 6,320 photos, 574 members
- Tate Galleries 6,224 photos, 1,460 members
- Shantys & Songs of the Sea 3 photos, 9 members
- falmouth 2,873 photos, 82 members
"Rick's a good guy. He always gives considerate constructive feedback! Oh his photographs are wonderfully creative as well. Keep it up mate!"
12th May, 2007
"If you're a hack like me...you'll immediately recognize that tricky's a talent...an not some wanna-be! Put him in your feedreader, chump! Keep up the great work tricky!"
29th January, 2007
"In March 2005 I joined Flickr and one of the first photos that really blew me away was one of Rick's night shots of Leeds. Since then it's rare if I don't think "wow" when seeing at least one photo out of each new set that appears. A consistent high standard that I envy. Inspirational and original, one of Flickr's true gems."
28th January, 2007
"I like Tricky's photos that has a lot artistry and plentifulin traces in his image of life. 總令人擁有許多的驚喜 ^^"
4th August, 2006
"Rick's images are a real good treat for the eyes!
They ooze fun and inspiration and it's great to see he's making damn good use of his newly acquired Canon big stuff!!
Thanks for sharing with us mate :)"
12th June, 2006
- Rick Harrison
- February 2005
- Leeds, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Freelance Photographer + Web Developer