Hello! I'm Tricky, and i'm a Freelance Photographer, based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
I started out originally as a landscape photographer, something that i'm still quite passionate about, but commercially i'm working more in marketing, architecture, and documentary photography - you'll see that spilling into my stream occasionally - commission clients include Guinness, Leeds Council, Chetwood Architects/Sainsburys and UK-One Properties.
I love "quirky" events (the quirkier the better) - i've even travelled all the way to alaska just for the "World Beard and Mustache Championships"
Composition and the desire of the viewer to want to be there/find out more are key to what I like to achieve in my images.
Technically, i'm also an "Award Winning" Photographer, having won the National Trust 2009 "Time Well Spent" photography competition, and featured double-page in the middle of the Sunday Times Magazine. Woo :-)
I can supply my photos as either prints or on canvas - all produced through quality professional printing companies. Please get in touch for prices. Some prints are only available as limited numbered+signed collections.
There is a collection of my Cows and Yorkshire Landscape photography currently on show at The Midnight Bell, Water Lane, Holbeck, Leeds (10 minutes wall from Leeds City Train Station). The venue is an amazing gastro-pub, featured in Chef Jamie Olivers' latest book and tv series about best of British food - serving amazing real-ales and stunning food, in a cosy modern environment.
Most of my photography is available to licence as stock. An increasing number of my images are exclusively licenced thru Getty Images, on any photo page you can request to licence the image through Getty, or licence from me directly.
All my photography is (c) Rick Harrison. Some of the older photos are still available as a creative commons non-commercial, attribution licence, but these days I don't release under creative commons as the vast majority of people seem unable to read the licence and/or follow it. Attribution means I must be credited, copyright should be stated with that credit and it should be relatively easy for a viewer to find me (ie please link to my flickr account or website). I also expect the credit to be next to the image - burying the credit at the bottom of the page or on a credits page is not acceptable.
Free/For Credit usage of my photos
If the usage truly is for non-commercial usage, and no-one in the process (designers, staff etc) are making any money, then I'm often more than willing to let my photos be used provided (a) you get in touch first and (b) I am sufficiently credited. For all other usages we can arrange a fee - i've got a mortgage to pay too.
Unauthorized Commercial Usage
If you use my photography without my or Getty Images permission you will receive an invoice and an angry letter. The invoice will be substantially higher than if you had licensed the image from me in advance. I regularly use a variety of technologies for tracking unauthorized use of my work, and it's increasingly easy to find offenders.
My other sites
My Portfolio - details on how to contact/hire me and obtain prints.
You can view my Photography Blog to see what i've been up to lately (and i also post the odd photography tips and tricks).
You can also Follow me on twitter.
- Be My Flickr Valentine 247 photos, 260 members
- Newcastle Upon Tyne group 7,023 photos, 876 members
- Whitley Bay 1,871 photos, 203 members
- Hiroshima 7,674 photos, 378 members
- Miyajima | 宮島 2,207 photos, 205 members
- Japan Images 488,510 photos, 12,086 members
- Temples,Shrines & Castles of Japan. ( + Deities) 日本 63,485 photos, 4,922 members
- Jaume Plensa sculptures 400 photos, 125 members
- Check In Check Off 83 photos, 3 members
- Derwentwater , Keswick 2,305 photos, 236 members
- Keswick 2,232 photos, 198 members
- Scotland, Naturally (NATURE ONLY) 6,952 photos, 333 members
- Starlings 2,777 photos, 479 members
- Movember UK 262 photos, 60 members
- Illuminating York 802 photos, 67 members
- Swillington Farm 13 photos, 4 members
- Photographers' Rights. 239 photos, 3,586 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Harrogate 109 photos, 38 members
- Cute Overload 3,021 photos, 606 members
- lambs and sheep 3,467 photos, 669 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Herriot Country 43 photos, 26 members
- BettaKultcha 108 photos, 5 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: York 455 photos, 64 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: East Yorkshire 337 photos, 66 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Yorkshire Dales 495 photos, 139 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Wakefield 222 photos, 48 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Pennine Yorkshire 167 photos, 48 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: Leeds 205 photos, 62 members
- Welcome to Yorkshire: The Yorkshire Coast 647 photos, 131 members
- Slaithwaite,West Yorkshire 690 photos, 36 members
- Dewsbury & District 1,186 photos, 37 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 26,011 photos, 2,194 members
- Leeds Civic Trust 3,800 photos, 84 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,906 photos, 23,184 members
- The Northerner 1,342 photos, 121 members
- Guardian Green shoots 21,233 photos, 1,427 members
- BBC Autumnwatch 143,102 photos, 12,598 members
- Leeds Digital Festival 19 photos, 9 members
- Leeds Strobist 1,262 photos, 212 members
- Light Night Leeds 457 photos, 85 members
- VisitEngland 9,630 photos, 456 members
- barbara hepworth 844 photos, 135 members
- National Trust Outdoors 11,661 photos, 1,061 members
- Manchester, UK 163,096 photos, 5,948 members
- Manchester Evening News pictures 27,151 photos, 823 members
- Bingley 1,169 photos, 74 members
- St Ives and Carbis Bay 6,744 photos, 588 members
- Tate Galleries 6,448 photos, 1,476 members
- Shantys & Songs of the Sea 3 photos, 10 members
- falmouth 2,975 photos, 84 members
"Rick's a good guy. He always gives considerate constructive feedback! Oh his photographs are wonderfully creative as well. Keep it up mate!"
12th May, 2007
"If you're a hack like me...you'll immediately recognize that tricky's a talent...an not some wanna-be! Put him in your feedreader, chump! Keep up the great work tricky!"
29th January, 2007
"In March 2005 I joined Flickr and one of the first photos that really blew me away was one of Rick's night shots of Leeds. Since then it's rare if I don't think "wow" when seeing at least one photo out of each new set that appears. A consistent high standard that I envy. Inspirational and original, one of Flickr's true gems."
28th January, 2007
"I like Tricky's photos that has a lot artistry and plentifulin traces in his image of life. 總令人擁有許多的驚喜 ^^"
4th August, 2006
"Rick's images are a real good treat for the eyes!
They ooze fun and inspiration and it's great to see he's making damn good use of his newly acquired Canon big stuff!!
Thanks for sharing with us mate :)"
12th June, 2006
- Rick Harrison
- February 2005
- Leeds, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Freelance Photographer + Web Developer