Please respect the copyright on my images. If you wish to use them for any purpose, please feel free to contact me via Flickrmail. Images are also available for purchase.
Thanks for dropping by my photostream. As you’ll no doubt see, all my photos on Flickr have been taken in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s an amazing little part of the world and I'm so proud to call it home.
I’m still in the process of learning how to capture a good image and wish I could dedicate a lot more time to pursuing that perfect light and that perfect moment. With photography, time, patience and planning is everything.
Through my photography I try to recreate both what I saw – and perhaps most importantly – what I experienced at the time the shutter was released. This often differs from what my camera is able to capture. To that extent I use Photoshop to improve contrast, colour and shadow details. I do not use Photoshop to add, subtract or change elements within the picture – my hope is that you too could stand on the same spot and witness exactly the same scene (speaking of which, I make sure I geotag all my images).
Some brief notes about Flickr stuff:
Many thanks if you've added me as a contact - I feel honoured that you have chosen to do so. But please don't be offended if I don't add you back.....I like to maintain my contact list at a manageable level so I can comment on their photostreams as often as possible!
Thank you also if you’ve invited my photo to a particular group. I might submit it if I'm already a member, but please don’t be offended if I don’t join the group or add the photo.
Lastly, Flickr is fantastic on many levels, but my number one pet hate has to be garish graphics plastered through people’s comments. Please – no crazy flashy graphics. Constructive criticism is a lot more helpful to me than a big glittering rotating star!
Photos of Daniel Murray (southnz) (1)
- Canadian Rockies 28,885 photos, 2,015 members
- Landscape photography 621,969 photos, 29,409 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 214,220 photos, 10,809 members
- Christchurch Quake 3,363 photos, 135 members
- New Zealand Geographic 53,275 photos, 2,603 members
- Middle Earth 8,892 photos, 857 members
- Landscape 822,694 photos, 77,180 members
- hiking climbing backpacking 50,689 photos, 2,669 members
- NZ Beginners-Intermediate Photography 11,723 photos, 430 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 29,071 photos, 1,009 members
- New Zealand Photography Clubs (PSNZ) 5,235 photos, 299 members
- Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand 13,682 photos, 515 members
- OFFICIAL commented or blocked by ®© ROBERTO CARBONI's robot 207 photos, 160 members
- STONKING PHOTO 457 photos, 109 members
- *Animal Photography* 462,107 photos, 22,305 members
- Nature Photography 1,035,570 photos, 32,615 members
- Long Exposure 575,374 photos, 53,572 members
- Abstract Photos 113,371 photos, 18,674 members
- Night Images 940,712 photos, 121,862 members
- The New Zealand Photographers Group 24,291 photos, 721 members
- Artistic Photography 2,205,303 photos, 75,914 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 61,012 photos, 7,632 members
- Waterfalls 122,667 photos, 16,240 members
- Sky 207,113 photos, 13,108 members
- New Zealand 118,407 photos, 3,971 members
- Black and White 5,747,662 photos, 279,391 members
- Less Is More... 37,275 photos, 37,720 members
- Huts in Australia and New Zealand 755 photos, 79 members
- Mountains 161,705 photos, 10,052 members
- Wildlife Photography 463,657 photos, 14,159 members
- Green is Beautiful 681,033 photos, 64,671 members
- Hiking 88,800 photos, 4,734 members
- Aotearoa Skies 5,024 photos, 243 members
- The Christchurch Cluster 16,655 photos, 416 members
- Beautiful Light 761,701 photos, 31,529 members
- Nature 1,485,280 photos, 51,713 members
- * Vanishing Points * 157,905 photos, 30,430 members
- Whatever the weather 383,914 photos, 28,552 members
- Great Walks, Tramping Tracks and Routes in New Zealand 3,231 photos, 430 members
- TRAMPING IN NEW ZEALAND 1,543 photos, 120 members
- New Zealand Black and White 4,733 photos, 306 members
- Reflections 525,852 photos, 45,737 members
- Beach Photography 437,170 photos, 61,482 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 743,283 photos, 103,104 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 473,000 photos, 28,833 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 927,756 photos, 48,548 members
- New Zealand, South Island 9,980 photos, 235 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 142,840 photos, 6,628 members
"Daniel is one of the finest nature photographers I have come across on flickr, with a great talent and ability to capture the magic in the landscapes he visits. He is an inspiration to anyone that wants to try their hand at landscape photography. I particularly like that he lets the scenes he captures speak for themselves, which makes the resulting images feel very natural.
Great work Daniel, and thank you!"
4th September, 2009
"Daniel's photos are outstanding! His control of colour, lighting and timing are superb, as well as the fact that he often makes the effort to travel to lesser known parts of our wonderful South Island and share them with everyone.
I feel very honoured to have been able to watch Daniel improve greatly over his time here at Flickr, and am very proud to steer people to his photostream for some truly stunning and very representative images of the South Island of New Zealand!
Thanks Dan, you very much do us Kiwis proud!!"
22nd May, 2008
"It´s about time I gave praise to Daniels work.
Although full of envey for his location, I am always
falling for his work and the clarity of quality he always
You have a wealth of subjects Daniel, yet they have to be
seen through your eyes to work for me.
Keep trucking and I will keep following your moves;^)"
15th October, 2007
"Daniel's photography encompasses some of the most beautiful vistas in the world. As he says, he is lucky enough to live in a place where there's a little bit of everything, and it shows; if there's any place in the world that can give a photographer landscape envy, it's New Zealand. The landscapes contained in Daniel's stream are some of the most spectacular around, and range from beaches to mountains.
Take a few moments to page through this photostream--you will not be disappointed!!"
29th September, 2007
- Daniel Murray
- March 2007
- New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Daniel Murray Photography
- daniel.murray.nz [at] gmail.com