- Nik Software Photo Share 126,763 photos, 5,979 members
- Marin Drzic statue Dubrovnik 21 photos, 7 members
- Paris 284,296 photos, 31,358 members
- Loch Lomond And The Surrounding Area 5,300 photos, 592 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 481,239 photos, 23,886 members
- Lanzarote 18,283 photos, 1,121 members
- FriendFeed 1,238 photos, 92 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 111,194 photos, 8,125 members
- Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom 78,245 photos, 5,120 members
- Victoria and Albert Museum 8,283 photos, 1,255 members
- FriendFeed Bike Rally 239 photos, 22 members
- Your Museum Images 8,073 photos, 350 members
- I was in Turkey 12,385 photos, 1,085 members
- Ephesus - Efes 1,983 photos, 210 members
- The Official Flickr "Planking" group 664 photos, 192 members
- Linear Love 35,260 photos, 2,117 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,621 photos, 316 members
- World cars 142,316 photos, 3,534 members
- BMW Enthusiasts 48,380 photos, 6,463 members
- I Ate This 534,525 photos, 29,045 members
- FaceBook Photogs2 664 photos, 52 members
- darkclub 28,288 photos, 1,399 members
- Orthodox Church Architecture 78,423 photos, 2,481 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,011 photos, 1,614 members
- Just Street Photography 1,017,846 photos, 36,300 members
- HONLPHOTO Group 1,298 photos, 491 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 221,152 photos, 18,991 members
- Lighting Essentials 63,334 photos, 6,989 members
- Crazy is Good 1,606 photos, 100 members
- Sevilla 35,102 photos, 2,662 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 114,114 photos, 5,145 members
- Strictly GeoTagged 220,186 photos, 7,059 members
- Hawaii 60,450 photos, 4,670 members
- Las Vegas 95,650 photos, 7,189 members
- San Francisco 213,437 photos, 13,246 members
- UK Strobists 26,455 photos, 2,367 members
- C215 7,845 photos, 434 members
- SHOP WINDOW 15,083 photos, 1,636 members
- Venice, from a different angle 1,418 photos, 125 members
- creative commons italia 689 photos, 64 members
- Grafitti & Street Art 228,180 photos, 6,385 members
- Venice, the beautiful town in Italy 5,818 photos, 405 members
- M8 Strobists 272 photos, 31 members
- Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED IF AF-S VR Micro Lens 6,685 photos, 2,967 members
- Best Viewed Large 120,985 photos, 3,729 members
- Vale of Leven 155 photos, 34 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 464 photos, 1,100 members
- Texture 86,849 photos, 7,745 members
- People Portraits 2,094,885 photos, 97,819 members
- Cardross the bigger picture. 114 photos, 7 members
Woddy Chipmunk says:
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
21st December, 2009
Jeremy Sloan says:
"If SOG is to the practice of medicine what he is to his friends on Flickr, he must leave all of his patients in stitches, too. He is the Godfather of the Weirdies and an inspiration to us all."
14th February, 2009
"What can I say about SoG? He's a doc. And I'm not commenting on that one, 'coz I'm very wary around people wielding sharp and pointy instruments for living - esp. the ones with thick black moustache.
However, I'll instantly click with one who's cheeky enough to call himself "people mechanic".
But wait, there's more: considering his geeky tendencies for computers, databases (*wink*), collecting unusual words, fiddling with Photoshop and taking the life utterly seriously (just take a look at his icon and his "flying buttocks" photos), I pronounce him an honorary geek.
Well, I heard he takes photos as well and a bunch of them got into... wossname ... Explode thingy - but I haven't yet paid much heed into this curious rumour...
There. Now I'm off to finish that barrel of Scotland's finest, he sent me as compensation for writing this.
(Och, càite bheil an taigh beag?)"
3rd October, 2007
"Ahhh Sog.. what can I say that hasn't yet been articulated? He has great taste in women! There, I found something. His photos are everything, from beautiful landscapes to the entirely absurd. I enjoy each visit I pay to his page. He has a wonderful sense of humor and isn't afraid to be on the far end of the joke. I like that in a person."
13th August, 2007
Bill Adams says:
"I don't know SoG, so I can't really vouch for him."
6th March, 2007
"I love this man. He keeps my feet warm in winter!"
17th November, 2006
Chad Vector says:
"If I'm ever trampled by a herd of cattle in rural Scotland, I'd like none other than SoG to attempt to reattach my severed limbs. He's a good fellow, and I hope to share a few whiskies with him one day."
26th October, 2006
Cap'n Canuck says:
"SoG is the wisest, funniest most compassionate man I have ever come across on Flicker. (besides me of course) I am happy to have met him and I am even more grateful to call him friend .
"Je suis Marxiste, tendance Son of Groucho.";
"I'm a Marxist of the Son of Groucho variety"."
27th August, 2006
"Groucho, what can I say, I find his work menacing/playful because of the way the optical suggestions of the figurative-narrative signifier visually and conceptually activates the larger carcass.
It should be added that with regard to the issue of content, the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the distinctive formal juxtapositions.
I think that says it all."
7th December, 2005
"I find it incredible that I have only known Son of Groucho since I met him..... which incidentally is something I can't remember doing. It's too late not to meet him now, so I guess I will continue to know him for a good while yet.
In the words of the "late" great Abba person...Knowing me, knowing you...Ah ha.
Sadly his photographs aren't very good."
12th November, 2005
"Son of Groucho is a delight. A wicked sense of humor abounds. I get a chuckle reading comments left by this fine upstanding gentleman and look forward to future laughs, chortles and giggle fits."
9th November, 2005
- November 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- People Mechanic
- The Voice Of Reason