Hi all, I enjoy taking photos at the National Zoo, especially of pandas!!! Most of my photos will be "exclusive" to Pandas Unlimited so please feel free to join our group.
My most popular photos
For more panda photos please join: Beauty is... and also Animal Pals
Hard Rock Pin Design & Partnership
My Magnets from FONZ photoclub
Internet Crime Complaint Center
The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crimes and fraud a convenient reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations
- I Made it Myself 551,129 photos, 27,214 members
- Dolls' Wedding 373 photos, 37 members
- Chiwaluv Amigurumi Critters 748 photos, 77 members
- Hooked On Dolls! 1,466 photos, 171 members
- *Crochet* 76,606 photos, 5,334 members
- Amigurumi 26,193 photos, 3,594 members
- The Happy Hookers 33,301 photos, 2,728 members
- Owlishly 212 photos, 125 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 91 photos, 177 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,302,949 photos, 200,478 members
- Spoonflower Fabric Designs 19,944 photos, 3,909 members
- Prop Insanity! 14,262 photos, 3,313 members
- Creative Toddler & Baby Photography 8,770 photos, 1,757 members
- Celebrate Our Furry Friends *Sweeper Active* *P1/C2* 28,574 photos, 2,969 members
- ANIMALS Art-Gallery !! "INVITED Only !!" - AWARD on 2. 14,085 photos, 2,190 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 518,460 photos, 45,668 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 440,456 photos, 95,343 members
- National Geographic's Terra Cotta Warriors 493 photos, 142 members
- Love of the feline *Comment the shot on your right ! 23,364 photos, 2,356 members
- NATURALEZA SOLAMENTE * Only Nature* P/1- C/1 79,920 photos, 3,745 members
- Share Your Best With The World 115,111 photos, 5,045 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,030,721 photos, 35,058 members
- Something in the Eyes (Invited Photos Only) - Please comment! 10,858 photos, 2,210 members
- Stunning Planet Earth - Post 1 & Award 2 [Nature Group] 33,694 photos, 4,140 members
- ***SPETTACOLARE*** for Flickr's Best Shots! Enjoy 60.000 photos 68,632 photos, 2,767 members
- I Love It! (Invite Only) 13,334 photos, 3,033 members
- Dragonfly Awards * Post1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 540,377 photos, 24,054 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 78,761 photos, 13,410 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 227,728 photos, 22,112 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 189,646 photos, 22,286 members
- The Ruby Awards/INVITED PICS ONLY!/P1&C3 58,588 photos, 13,070 members
- Best of Cats (Invited Photos only): VOTE NOW! 64,047 photos, 19,708 members
- Kissable Kats ~ Invited Photos Only ~ READ RULES! 32,195 photos, 6,557 members
- Excellent CATS shots (*WonderCat* June'13 - Contest ON !) 33,253 photos, 2,749 members
- ^^"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD - P1/A2 (MANDATORY) 745,154 photos, 39,676 members
- Tuxedo cats 23,995 photos, 2,516 members
- Awesome Picture Award (Invite Only) 18,683 photos, 6,810 members
- *SHINING★STAR - Post 1- Give 5 Stars 850,381 photos, 28,377 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 35,574 photos, 14,517 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 115,618 photos, 21,914 members
- Flickr Ideas 0 photos, 11,664 members
- Pictures Worth A Thousand Words - Post 1/Comment 2 98,603 photos, 6,686 members
- Super Shots - Only Invited Photos - Nominate Now 259,133 photos, 40,859 members
- ~NATURE+ [not people][post 1: award 5]~ 312,035 photos, 19,109 members
- Golden Aardvark Award 32,157 photos, 2,303 members
- PHOTO SMILES - Photos That Make You SMILE! Post 1/Award 2 66,457 photos, 5,726 members
- Landscapes, flora and fauna of the world 108,274 photos, 4,536 members
- *Best of Flickr* (Comment 1 / invite 2) PHOTOS ONLY 606,095 photos, 23,663 members
- "World Nature & Wildlife Closeup" Post 1/C3 222,715 photos, 9,066 members
- VosPlusBellesPhotos (Invite only) 84,279 photos, 4,289 members
Nikographer [Jon] says:
"I love France's photos, and all the work she (and PU) has done to help Giant Pandas via fund raising, etc..."
30th January, 2009
"Frances' love of Taishan is only matched by the intensity of her photography of him.
Frances works tirelessly for the preservation of the Giant Panda, giving everything needed to assist the National Zoo in Washington DC, in the caring for and improving the quality of life for Taishan and his parents. Giant pandas and people are both fortunate to have such a caring person!"
9th December, 2008
"Somesai has provided us with a place to share our love of all things panda. Thank you."
31st August, 2007
"Frances is one of these rare individuals one meets once in a great while. She gives of herself without asking for anything in return. She stays true to her convictions regardless of the obstacles and she does it with a smile on her face. Tai and his family, abd his extended family, is the benefactor of her efforts as is the entire PU community who follow in her vein, cheerfully."
12th July, 2007
"Just wanted to say how nice it was to meet you yesterday and thank you for inviting me to join your group!! What fun! I will enjoy getting to "know" you all. Also, will try to upload some pictures soon."
18th June, 2007
you are a very nice person! i know how much you love pandas! i am sure that pandas love you as much as you love them
2nd June, 2007
bandit girl says:
"Frances is REALLY nice."
29th April, 2007
"Dear Francis since the day Tai was born I have been able to see him through you lens and what a grand sight that has been. I live in KY too far to travel to see him yet I know all the details thanks to you. I appreciate your art and please let me see more."
29th March, 2007
"I can never get enough of Francis's photos. Thank you for sharing these delightful gems!"
28th September, 2006
Cracker Lilo says:
"Simply an awesome and amazing photographer. She honed her skills using the best subjects--Tai Shan and his parents. She is broadening her range now, and her ability to get the best from her subjects and capture their true personality transfers easily.
Her Pandas Unlimited group has grown by leaps and bounds, and it is as fun and peaceful as the subject.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Somesai."
14th September, 2006
"Frances is one of the first people I met through Flickr and I was thrilled that such a gifted photographer shares my love of pandas and other bears.
I spend literally hours every week viewing all her beautiful pictures of Tai and his parents and Hana and her cub - not forgetting the other animals she photographs so lovingly. It brings them so much closer to me.
Although I cannot see Tai in person yet I don't feel I am missing out on one day of his life when I log in and see new photos from Somesai on my contacts page.
Thank you Frances so much for all the time you take to make Flickr a special place for us all. You are a truly special person and a good friend to our beloved bears."
15th September, 2006
"In the short time since she started the PandasUnlimited group, she's grown tremendously as a photographer specialising in panda photos. She's brought a LOT of joy to a lot of people around the world. Through PandasUnlimited, she's also providing a place for people from diverse backgrounds to meet and chat and share, even tho we've never met one another. She's also set an example so that PU is one of the most caring and fun-filled groups I've ever had the privilege to be a part of. You rock, somesai!"
28th June, 2006
Your pictures are always the highlight of my day! I went through serious withdrawl while you were on vacation recently...
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOUUUU FOR YOUR GORGEOUS PICTURES OF THESE PRECIOUS PANDAS!"
8th June, 2006
"Somesai does a fabulous job documenting the lives of our favorite pandas at the DC Zoo. She gets photos of moments in time in the panda's lives that we would never get to see any other way. This includes their interactions with panda staff members we'd mever get to meet either. I feel I know them all now!
Somesai is a wonderful person, extremely giving of her time in bringing them all closer to us. She's also a great photographer!I appreciate her and thank her for that!"
3rd June, 2006
"Somesai has really helped to bring something special together! She has a kind manner, and a sensitive touch to her lovely photos. She has been key to bringing PandasUnlimited to what it is today."
13th May, 2006
"Somesai = Professional Panda Photographer. Don't have pandas in your local zoo? No problem! Somesai's photos are the quick fix!
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos Somesai. Keep up the great work! ^___^"
7th May, 2006
"Her pictures mean so much to me. They truly capture so many different facets of Tai Shan's incredible intelligence, goodness, humor, compassion and "joie de vivre." As someone else said, she is "one" with Tai. The pictures also are important for people who are not fortunate enough to be able to personally visit the zoo."
2nd May, 2006
"Frances is not only a lover and friend of animals, but also a great humanitarian. She has done so much to document each joyful moment of Butterstick's upbringing and share it with panda lover's throughout the world."
17th April, 2006
"Pandafix.com said it perfectly: you are one with the panda.
We are so grateful to you for the extraordinary treasury of memorable images that you have given us, for your graphic insights into the panda psyche, and for the really great captions that enhance the images with affection, humor, and knowledge of things panda related. Mostly we thank you for your generous help, advice, assistance, encouragement, good will, and support in Pandasunlimited and elsewhere.
Not quite as an aside, I'd like to include recognition and thanks for Frances' ability to capture the power and grace of the big cat family even as she "gets" the cuddley, cute of the panda.
Thanks for all, Somesai."
14th April, 2006
- January 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken