SNWEB.ORG Photography, LLC.'s photostream Pro User
I am available for hire... prints, architecture, fine arts, weddings, etc. Visit my website at - http://www.snweb.org. FILMING A MOVIE IN DETROIT? I am also available as a location scout.
I am proud to announce Lost Detroit. More than 175 pages in full color. Learn the stories behind 12 of the city's most beautiful forgotten landmarks, from the day they opened to the day they closed. Authored by Dan Austin; photography by Sean Doerr. Published by the History Press. Click on the cover for more information.
See my Detroit photos at:
My photos are meant to appear as the eye sees it - I only edit most for brightness/contrast, sharpness, and saturation. I'm against photoshopping photos to death.
Prints are available for purchase of all my photos at http://snweb.org/print.php
I have been self-taught in photography up until 2008, as I am now attending College For Creative Studies in Detroit for a BFA in Photography.
I photograph neglected architecture of Detroit for one clear purpose; to preserve a memory that will one day be lost - either to fire, demolition, or renovation. I don't do this because it is cool, or because paint peels can be artistic...
Don't bother asking me how to get into the places I go.. open your eyes and find it out, it isn't hard.
My photos may not be used ANYWHERE without my expressed written permission. Rights to use are available as well as prints. Contact me for more information.
Photos of SNWEB.ORG Photography, LLC. (4)
- Movement 2011 257 photos, 31 members
- Metro Times 6,892 photos, 261 members
- Ghost Signs 22,654 photos, 2,013 members
- Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical IF MC / Fish-eye fan 19,781 photos, 2,132 members
- 8mm f/3.5 Fish-eye 32,041 photos, 2,886 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 554,952 photos, 45,438 members
- Fashion 238,270 photos, 17,058 members
- Michigan Central Detroit 551 photos, 52 members
- HDR - ARCHITECTURE 3,297 photos, 140 members
- Large Format 53,468 photos, 7,643 members
- 4x5 23,767 photos, 2,933 members
- Fallout Shelter Signs 292 photos, 48 members
- lafayette building 187 photos, 25 members
- Wayne State University 189 photos, 40 members
- FireStations - Big or small 3,461 photos, 115 members
- CCS Photography Department 274 photos, 24 members
- DEMF/Movement 2009 188 photos, 19 members
- Michigan Central Station 1,000 photos, 143 members
- Signs of Detroit 1,063 photos, 200 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,769 members
- Albert Kahn, Architect 245 photos, 45 members
- College for Creative Studies 360 photos, 63 members
- Pediments & Gables 3,399 photos, 142 members
- Historical Artifacts 1,615 photos, 112 members
- US Route 12 977 photos, 171 members
- Detroit Architecture 3,560 photos, 243 members
- Abandoned Train Stations 2,841 photos, 292 members
- The Curator's Choice 635 photos, 144 members
- CCS 285 photos, 79 members
- College for Creative Studies - Photography 48 photos, 11 members
- Coffee !! 1,988 photos, 355 members
- The Coffee Cup 17,368 photos, 5,962 members
- Models 239,794 photos, 12,270 members
- The Models That We Shoot 155,758 photos, 5,949 members
- Yashica TLR Unlimited 39,525 photos, 2,595 members
- Guess Where Detroit 162 photos, 41 members
- Detroit: On Location 590 photos, 61 members
- Seagrave Fire Apparatus 4,674 photos, 321 members
- Casio Digital Cameras 15,703 photos, 698 members
- Casio Exilim EX-V8 168 photos, 16 members
- Michigan Historical Markers 1,565 photos, 75 members
- Vacuum Formed Signs 2,061 photos, 173 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 232,012 photos, 32,301 members
- Memorial Day Weekend '08 256 photos, 53 members
- Pierce Fire Vehicles 8,271 photos, 298 members
- Historic Hotels of America 4,343 photos, 268 members
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 63,840 photos, 6,397 members
- American LaFrance Fire Apparatus 4,893 photos, 298 members
- Vintage Storefront Design (1940s-1950s) 3,317 photos, 526 members
- Mid-Century Modern 17,716 photos, 1,528 members
"SNWEB has paid the dues after long years of work and many hours of perfecting his photographic craft. Glad to be among his friends.
24th July, 2008
"Snweb is someone who really knows his stuff. Great guy, great photographer, great friend. He really knows what he is doing and the level of profesionalism and the standards for quality he holds are exceptional. He is always on time when he says he will be, and he always holds to his word, be it exploring or photographing."
11th July, 2008
Rich Ayers says:
"This kid really knows his stuff and has a great future ahead of him. I've gone on many outings with him to take photos. It's kind of intimidating how much he knows and how talented he is because of our age difference but he's one of my favorite photographers. He has a great eye and a genuine passion for the art.
Buy his prints.
He tends to spend his money wisely and makes good investments so your money will likely go to a good cause."
26th May, 2008
chacal la chaise says:
"Privileging us through the photographs he posts, SNWEB's growth as urban archeologist and documentarian allows us to witness Detroit's changing character and inner landscapes. His instincts as sociologist and adventurer are exceeded by his joy at capturing discoveries with a sensitive and adventurous eye.
Tearing into spaces that no trespass signs prevent, he gives us visions of the dark terrible beauty of a dying modernity. Overall, his images, categories, and well-researched descriptions capture what was there yesterday, and what will disappear tomorrow.
Wandering with him, we become digital companions through once fashionable and functional spaces, but that are now othered, deserted, and soon destroyed. I look forward to more cyber and silent adventures in old/new spaces as he continues to discover, explore, and photograph."
24th May, 2008
"You've got awesome photos of locations that are going through a lot of transition. It would be great to work with you more. Did you see the D-5 Detroit Design Workshop? There are videos online of the presentations. Looks like some very needed interest in redeveloping downtown and preserving the buildings we have."
6th February, 2007
Zachary Thomas says:
"I dig the dedication to what you love to do. I respect that, keep up the hard work"
5th August, 2006
"SNWEB.ORG is a very young guy who really captures the essence of Detroit. You can always rely on him to document the city with a high volume of shots with great quality. SNWEB.ORG is a very dedicated photographer. He really knows his city! I'm so glad to have him around!"
23rd April, 2006
"I enjoy looking at and finding out about old buildings in the city of Detroit, and by looking at the pictures here, I learn more about them every time. These pictures always make me think about what was and what will be."
28th June, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"Photographs of urban decay often possess both a profound sense of beauty and sadness. SNWEB's photographs of Detroit show glamorous hotels, automotive plants and other buildings that in their day were highly regarded. Yet time has not been kind to these places and now littered, vandalized and graffiti-ed they are only relics of what they once were. The places SNWEB has been and will undoubtedly visit in the future make me incredibly jealous. I envy that he has such easy access to so many interesting places. It is some small consolation that I have the privilege of seeing his photographs, but I remain envious."
14th June, 2005
- February 2005
- I am:
- Webmaster, Freelance Photographer, Student
- SNWEB.ORG Photography