I'm an artist. You can listen to my music here.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
-- -E. E. Cummings
Read the Blog
Watch the Videos
Listen to the Music
See Tour Dates on Myspace
And then, after you take a nap from sheer exhaustion, if you dig it, buy the CD, somewhere between starving & stardom
The Highway Girl is my website where you'll find the best music in the world! I feature a different artist from a different city and venue each week on my show, The Highway Girl.
follow The Highway Girl on Twitter
Photos of *Samantha Murphy* (4)
- Music Travel Style! 0 photos, 1 member
- Travel Clothing 0 photos, 1 member
- Travel Clothes 0 photos, 1 member
- Valentine Cool 1,865 photos, 473 members
- Beat The Media ... be the media.... i'm media... immédiat 38 photos, 76 members
- Starving Artist / Comment on one after posting 58 photos, 52 members
- Atlanta Networking 0 photos, 77 members
- Atlanta Architecture 2,288 photos, 170 members
- Atlanta: Outside The Perimeter (OTP) 1,493 photos, 105 members
- Atlanta Music Scene 519 photos, 55 members
- Atlanta at Night 1,939 photos, 189 members
- Midtown Atlanta 2,260 photos, 238 members
- Atlanta Scavenger Hunt 920 photos, 133 members
- Creative Loafing Atlanta 17,402 photos, 700 members
- Atlanta Shows 2,902 photos, 100 members
- Atlanta TtV 291 photos, 53 members
- PodCamp Atlanta 301 photos, 54 members
- Atlanta Foodies 1,260 photos, 119 members
- Atlanta Blogs 846 photos, 82 members
- Creative Loafing's Atlanta Beer Adventures 202 photos, 61 members
- Atlanta Medium Format & Large Format Photography 856 photos, 64 members
- Explore Atlanta 1,523 photos, 387 members
- ATLANTA PHOTOGRAPHERS GUILD: Next meeting MAY 28 @ ESP 7pm 52,825 photos, 2,874 members
- Atlanta Graffiti 12,624 photos, 1,238 members
- Atlanta People 5,772 photos, 558 members
- Atlanta 41,818 photos, 3,551 members
- Brightkite 288 photos, 96 members
- Twitter 1,540 photos, 1,701 members
- People wearing T-shirts you don't see every day 51 photos, 25 members
- TechStarsPics 260 photos, 8 members
- TechStars08 191 photos, 3 members
- Women 2.0 354 photos, 79 members
- Raw Art Visionary 44,876 photos, 2,112 members
- "Women Portraits" 115,099 photos, 5,452 members
- Grooveshark.com 191 photos, 13 members
- Gregory Page 0 photos, 1 member
- Molly Jenson 0 photos, 1 member
- Greg Laswell 31 photos, 11 members
- Bird and the Bee 7 photos, 2 members
- Inara George 0 photos, 1 member
- Artistdata 0 photos, 1 member
- Teitur 0 photos, 1 member
- The Break and Repair Method 0 photos, 1 member
- Juliana Hatfield 7 photos, 3 members
- Kate Walsh 0 photos, 1 member
- Jesca Hoop 20 photos, 4 members
- Martha Wainwright 2 photos, 2 members
- David Byrne / Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen To 268 photos, 44 members
- Social Media Club 5,798 photos, 466 members
- Aimee Mann 116 photos, 30 members
"Not only is Samantha a wonderful musician.....she also has a fun sense of adventure..giving us bathroom portraits from across america...it is a unique avenue of photography...keep the pictures coming, and the music alive.
3rd November, 2007
"Bring it on Sam!"
18th February, 2007
"I simply adore Samantha, she is a lifesize doll!
She has such a wonderful heartfelt way of whisking you away into her world and showing you what life is all about in her eyes. Her music is addictive and sticks to your soul... like BBQ ribs! She has the eyes of a child and the wings of a dove... carries you to places you never want to leave! It's a beautiful view and a comfortable feeling but most of all... she's right there with you ;-)"
XOX I wish you all the love and all the luck!
3rd November, 2006
"Samantha is gutsy, talented, brave, and with a good heart. Her music -- and her photography -- reflect those very qualities. Her music speaks to us and her images sing. We're very lucky she shares all that with us. Thank you Samantha and God bless you."
1st November, 2006
"samanthas photographs are whimsical and wonderful... full of joy.i love the self portraits taken all over the place . also love the music. bravo!! madame samantha you rock!!"
27th October, 2006
WHO? ME? says:
"I and my town salute you; Manchester has bred influential music artists and we would be proud to adopt your lyrical genius and execution as our own. Your imagery has captured me and natural curiosity led me to your music ;many thanks.I look forward to your meteoric success .
I thank you for your inclusion and would advise people reading this to absorb the gift of your talents xx"
13th October, 2006
"The arts and music world need a people like Samantha. If there' s someone who worth to be heard in this music history time that is : "Samantha Murphy ""
3rd October, 2006
"vibrant. eccentric. talented.
samantha is a hell of a woman."
16th September, 2006
Kris Krug says:
"Sam and I are crushin' on each other.
28th August, 2006
Go Tiger Gosh says:
"U are so gorgeous! I love your photos..."
27th August, 2006
"Great and fun loving girl, i've always been amazed by her artistic look at life and the way she can focus on the best of times always.
27th August, 2006
"I only happened to "know" Samantha by her pictures so far - and these are simply great, colorful and a joy to watch!"
22nd August, 2006
"I don't really know where, or what I should begin with on writing this testimonial about Samantha. Perhaps I should start with how she decided to add me as a contact. Before then, I didn't know her from Adam. I decided to check out her site, listen to a couple of her songs. From there, I was hooked. Samantha has this unique style that sets her apart from other "indie artists". I can easily pop her CD into the player and groove out. Not only is she a great musician, she's just over all a great person. Very friendly with all her emails and what-not. I eagerly await the day that she comes to play in Massachusetts. You won't regret adding this amazing person. OH, and help support the arts and buy her CD. Do it, NOW!"
28th July, 2006
- *The Highway Girl*
- November 2005
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- The Highway Girl