PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOGRAPHS UNLESS OTHERWISE THEY ARE ALLOWED FOR, WITH MY DUE PERMISSION.
By profession I own a small business whereas the photography is a leisure activity which is my passion and I try not to let it missed, as and when I have an opportunity. Particularly when it has a subject of interest and I realize that this will be an eye catching shot -specially of the cultural and rural life of Sindh, Pakistan (the tendency of my photography work which you will find holding a major stake of my photos available on FLICKR...)
I have the honor of acquiring of my work by respective websites and exhibitions and have participated into various competitions. One which is of great esteem for me is held under the umbrella of the International Labor Organization (ILO) in Islamabad, Pakistan (a competition funded by the Canadian International Development Agency), which was basically focused to highlight the hardship and labor the feminine gender faces in Pakistan and my photo was ranked amongst the top ten into this competition (the details and the photos of this competition was also published into the magazine THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE, FEBRUARY 6, 2011 edition issuu.com/etribune/docs/february-6/1).
I also had a magnificent opportunity when the ICI Chemical, Pakistan selected one of my photos for their calender for 2009 (my photo grasped the page for the month of November/December). This calender was holding the photos of other great artists and photographers of Pakistan and finding my photos among them will remain of admiration for me. www.flickr.com/photos/smrafiq/3235310139/
The August 2011, was a month setting a new milestone for my work when I was awarded a contract by the Asian Development Bank (Pakistan Chapter) which assigned me the task of photography and which they will make use of for the next five years. Under this contract, I had to snapshot for the ADB's (Asian Development Bank) respective projects which are in progress in Pakistan. This development was a booster and I really find to be of honor as to own it.
Off and on my work is also published into different magazines and newspapers which keep my interest alive and I love the activity to the extent of craze almost and put always my true efforts to make this activity best than the better.
Please Have a look on my all new Getty Images Collections.
Cell : +923332227660
Awarding with an assignment by the Asian Development Bank in the month of August 2011, for the photography of ADB supported projects, was indeed a great honor for me. I had been doing the photography for the last many years and this was a milestone for me of international recognition.
This has been of more gratification now when few of those photos that I have contributed under the assignment with the ADB have been published in the segment of Pakistan into the book published by the ADB with the title THE NEW SILK ROAD. These photos can be seen on the pages spreading over 71-81 of the book whereas my name is mentioned on the page 122, into the list of photographers representing their countries.
Please visit: beta.adb.org/sites/default/files/new-silk-road.pdf .
From righ to left: Mr. Muhammad Ismail Khan (Senior External Relations Officer, Asian Development Bank - Pakistan Chapter), Ms. Nukhbat Malik (Producer / Reporter of the BBC), and me, posing together at Avari Towers, Karachi when I being the crew member was doing with the photography assignment for the ADB supported projects in Pakistan.
Me (as being a crew member of Asian Development Bank), with Ms. Nasreen Haq, the Chairmperson, Karachi Port Trust (KPT), while receiving the souvenir upon my visit to her office alongwith Mr. Muhammad Ismail Khan (Senior External Relations Officer, Asian Development Bank - Pakistan Chapter), Ms. Nukhbat Malik (Producer / Reporter of the BBC).
Me alongwith Nadeem Khawar.
Nadeem Khawar is very humble and has always been very kind whenever I had to have a query or favor from him about the photography. The photography he has done so far is of excellence and there is not doubt in recognizing him as a great photographer of Pakistan.
Me with Sajjad Butt, upon our visiting together the famous Hiran Minar in Sheikhupura.
Me and the army jawan at Wahga Border.
- • HINDUISM ॐ हिन्दू धर्म • Award 2 • 464 photos, 50 members
- travel and social reportage 27,367 photos, 1,347 members
- Colourful people ( Read the rules ) 14,740 photos, 466 members
- traveling in Asia ( Only people in the image !) ) 81,448 photos, 3,186 members
- Informative Photos: Teach Me Something New! 621 photos, 61 members
- My KARACHI-Through the Lens 324 photos, 26 members
- Colors of Karachi 50 photos, 4 members
- Canon EOS 60D 93,249 photos, 3,207 members
- Canon Camera Users 11,009 photos, 153 members
- Respect and Appreciation for Photography (Post 1 = Award 3) 5,154 photos, 1,692 members
- Cultures of Pakistan 77 photos, 6 members
- Humans of Pakistan 4,446 photos, 302 members
- I Own Karachi 576 photos, 53 members
- Neelam Valley Kashmir 155 photos, 40 members
- flickr clickx 110,453 photos, 4,811 members
- World Of Photography...! 2,268 photos, 140 members
- FlickrCentral 6,081,714 photos, 183,884 members
- Children in Pakistan 1,143 photos, 195 members
- Mykel Fashion Billboards 90 photos, 34 members
- EOS Adventure 157,580 photos, 6,949 members
- flickr (unofficial) 908,004 photos, 68,432 members
- Yabba dabba doo! 106,552 photos, 3,533 members
- Canon EOS 60D Owners' Club 132,853 photos, 4,694 members
- Moments of Motherhood 8,717 photos, 1,870 members
- !Captured Images (give 3 awards) JOIN US PLEASE!!! 82,732 photos, 4,985 members
- Inspired by Movies 3,379 photos, 846 members
- Massacre Photo Group (Post 1: Score 3 before) New Contest!!! 15,240 photos, 1,910 members
- *****LUIZA'S FABULOUS PHOTO CLUB @ FLICKR!***** 90,523 photos, 1,826 members
- Rolye & Ali Sunsets & Sunrises Post 1- Award 5 no award = Ban ! 11,648 photos, 4,159 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 442,581 photos, 94,142 members
- National Geographic | World Wide 180,345 photos, 11,063 members
- Getty Images and the Flickr Collection (closed) 81,607 photos, 2,658 members
- Urban Design Office (Admin Invite- P1/C2 Pls) Winners announced! 8,337 photos, 775 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 1,743,768 photos, 39,983 members
- Visit Abu Dhabi 56 photos, 12 members
- Skylines around the world 32,726 photos, 3,142 members
- From the Airplane Window 16,834 photos, 3,059 members
- Aerials 31,925 photos, 3,240 members
- airports 45,415 photos, 5,287 members
- Window seat please 93,602 photos, 16,009 members
- Abu Dhabi شباب 995 photos, 92 members
- Emirati Corner 11,069 photos, 2,523 members
- ~*~Around**Dubai~*~ 3,715 photos, 319 members
- Dubai 21,926 photos, 2,291 members
- Portrait Award (Invited only, please give 2 awards :) 47,211 photos, 20,323 members
- Blink Again 1 P1/A3 please no images of children 217,535 photos, 12,983 members
- PUBLIC PHOTOS ! ♪♪ Post 1 - Award 2 20,389 photos, 1,072 members
- HBL I am Pakistan 85 photos, 39 members
- Canon Imagination 570,567 photos, 17,493 members
- Colors of Pakistan (P1/C2) JOIN - Contest : Bird/Birds 20,741 photos, 930 members
"Had a chance to glance Rafiq sb photostream lately after quite a while and I must confess that I am mesmerized. The Compositions are not only set to impress the viewer about the Sights and Surrounds of our beautiful Pakistan but at the same time carry a great deal of motivation to all fellow photographers. Very Well Done Sir, we look forward to see many more indulging views from your upcoming takes."
27th March, 2009
- Sm Rafiq
- November 2006
- Karachi, Pakistan
- I am: