Marty Hogan's photostream Pro User
I am an amateur photographer...and a user of Canon and Apple.
Flickr inspired me to pick the camera up again after years of neglect.
People on Flickr have been a huge encouragement to keep snapping the shutter.
Photos of Marty Hogan (5)
- Indie/Folk/Psychedelic Hall Of Fame 1,708 photos, 511 members
- Mines, Mills, Machinery, Etc. - Western U.S. Mining Camps 992 photos, 92 members
- MINING 9,956 photos, 577 members
- Schoolhouse 3,761 photos, 252 members
- Calvin College (106) Gallery 5 photos, 4 members
- A quiet section of poetry - Un petit coin tranquille de poésie 153 photos, 11 members
- Michigan Highways 719 photos, 120 members
- Vintage Steel Signs 12,594 photos, 474 members
- Small Towns in the Desert 1,373 photos, 104 members
- Nevada Ghost Towns 754 photos, 162 members
- GRMI Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk 2012 18 photos, 5 members
- TWIP Critique 33,300 photos, 6,544 members
- Abandoned Beauties 34,435 photos, 1,008 members
- NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW 5,149 photos, 105 members
- Abandoned Buildings and Structures 4,467 photos, 185 members
- Brush Park, Detroit 2,071 photos, 78 members
- ArtPrize® Grand Rapids (Official) 23,125 photos, 959 members
- Art Prize Grand Rapids 2011 1,410 photos, 40 members
- Stardust Motel 139 photos, 91 members
- Arlington National Cemetery 5,041 photos, 600 members
- GRAM Photo Walks: Urban Explorations 344 photos, 26 members
- Engraved 1,493 photos, 318 members
- suburbex 109 photos, 68 members
- THE NORGE BALL 22 photos, 20 members
- Forgotten souls: abandoned, historical & overgrown cemeteries. 474 photos, 72 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 23,976 photos, 1,816 members
- kodak 3200 iso 2,104 photos, 316 members
- Just Yesterday 1,981 photos, 37 members
- Memories: Capturing Experiences 59,182 photos, 523 members
- Great Photography, in Marc's opinion 211 photos, 1,100 members
- Photographic Memory 169 photos, 27 members
- Once was home 27,702 photos, 1,190 members
- Friends of GR Parks: Aman Park 68 photos, 11 members
- Lost American & Canadian Architecture 722 photos, 74 members
- Nature's Reclamation -- NOT a decay group! 12,162 photos, 1,022 members
- Michigan Waterfalls 1,070 photos, 130 members
- Landmark landscape - Everything (Must be) Architectural 5,986 photos, 495 members
- Keweenaw, Copper Country, Portage 2,781 photos, 182 members
- U.P. (3/day) 7,117 photos, 400 members
- Michigan's Upper Peninsula 4,669 photos, 237 members
- House Abandoned 6,042 photos, 477 members
- Pesha Postcards 189 photos, 10 members
- Michigan Woods, Water and Nature 27,433 photos, 1,123 members
- Michigan Barns 2,354 photos, 140 members
- Amazing SunRise & SunSets 2,550 photos, 242 members
- This is OUR Michigan 4,658 photos, 116 members
- Historic One-Room Schoolhouses of America 2,155 photos, 297 members
- Leelanau (dot com) 6,229 photos, 228 members
- History USA 28,257 photos, 618 members
- Old, abandoned houses 15,363 photos, 1,239 members
Elizabeth Glass says:
"So last night I ran a Ry Cooder playlist on grooveshark, and Marty's photostream slideshow on flickr. I meant for them to provide a nice audio and visual background that I could admire occasionally while I organized my new space. Trouble is, I never got out of my chair. All my stuff is in all the same piles. But my head is dancing, camera's waiting, and the snow is melting off the back roads..."
27th March, 2010
"When I think of the work of Marty Hogan the word "Inspirational" comes to mind. He brings to the world of Flickr and photography as a whole a sense of caring about the past which is all around us but is on the verge of vanishing forever. I think of how he has influence my work and I am forever grateful!
Treat yourself!!!........click on the Slideshow option!!"
9th October, 2009
Patrick Henson says:
"It would take me weeks to comment on every picture in Marty's stream, and every picture deserves a comment. Absolutely one of the best decay photographers on flickr in my opinion."
16th November, 2008
"I have only met Marty through Flickr and his work is amazing. Being from Michigan myself its great to see all of his work from the surrounding areas. Always exciting to see what he posts next."
3rd October, 2008
"Marty's photography is simply stunning! His craft is the perfect combination of historical preservation, research and art. He is truly dedicated to his work, and even a brief perusal of his photographs is an exhilarating experience."
30th August, 2008
"Marty's camera captures the poetry of the now abandoned buildings that once held a family's, perhaps even a young nation's, hopes and dreams. Not only is Marty a historian, sharing his knowledge about a piece of the past, but he is also an authentic artist who captures the beauty of the very decaying past many are unable to see... It is clear through his photos that Marty Hogan is drawn to and cares about the subjects he photographs and we leave his photostream with a little more wonder than when we came."
15th January, 2008
Corey James (Derp) says:
"I must say, the photos are incredibly stunning. The post -processing is amazing too. I always look forward to new uploads. Great work man."
2nd January, 2008
"LOVE the photos, and appreciate the history and stories to go with them!"
6th December, 2007
"It is what us folks in Michigan, at least us Detroiters call, "Going Up North." Most people in mIchigan have a special affinity for the countryside in Northern Michigan. If you you'v never been, well then you may never know. Here's my solution. Take a tour of Smartee Martee's photostream. Click on the sets and read the descriptions of the places he's been. Then find a set you really like, mine is Osceola County, and watch the slide show. It isn't quite the same as being there, but damn close. This is the heart and soul of rural Michigan captured on film."
29th November, 2007
- November 2005
- Port Austin, MI
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Final Cut Pro/Videographer