Software developer, photographer.
Feel free to blog my photos - just please drop me a note so I can check out your blog. Also, feel free to favorite my photos, invite me to groups, add me as a contact, etc. :-)
My photos are also available for purchase for commercial use - please contact me if you're interested.
25 Random Facts About Me
1. I love photography. This should come as no surprise.
2. I don’t mind doing repetitive tasks.
3. I can eat lots of high-calorie junk food, yet not gain any weight. Maybe some pharmaceutical company is secretly testing some weight control drug on me?
4. I can’t stand the idea of going to a gym to work out. When I feel that I need exercise, I’d rather do yard work, work on home remodeling projects, split firewood, or hike up a mountain.
5. I like to put my feet up and mess around at work, but I do get my job done nonetheless.
6. The vast majority of the time, I have gotten excellent ratings in my performance reviews at the various jobs I’ve had throughout my life.
7. I was born in Canada, my family moved to Schaumburg, Illinois when I was three, and moved to the San Diego area when I was 15.
8. I like warm – even HOT weather! Just as long as it’s not humid at the same time. I’d rather be in the desert at 105° than be shivering at 40°!
9. While I have acceptable vision in both of my eyes, I only see out of one eye at a time – I cannot see though both eyes simultaneously. Because of this, I have poor depth perception. This is also probably why I have no fear of heights.
11. I have a VERY difficult time talking and driving at the same time – more so when I’m talking to a passenger in the car with me than when I’m talking on my cell phone.
12. I can’t stand flaky people and/or fair-weather friends.
13. I love what I do for a living: software development. I prefer to continue to become more advanced in software development than move into management.
14. I love the Anza-Borrego Desert and the Salton Sea. And I love Angie. NOT in this order!
15. Once I hear a song that I like, I will listen to it several times in a row – for several days. If it’s a decent song, why NOT listen to it repeatedly?
16. I really like the idea of time travel. And I love movies that involve time travel. The Back to the Future trilogy is one of my favorites.
17. I am nocturnal. I have never been an early riser. I am irritable if I have to get out of bed early. I can think the clearest and feel the most inspired late at night. A cop once harassed me and accused me of being a tweeker (meth user) because I was out for a walk late at night (insomnia) and was very talkative when questioned. I’ve never used any stimulants other than caffeine.
18. I did NOT enjoy my Jr. high and high school years, to put it mildly.
19. I used to have long hair and usually put it in a ponytail.
20. I can be very resourceful when I need to be – both at work and away from work. I’ve been called “MacGyver” more than a few times.
21. Many things in my life have just happened on their own – without much effort on my part. I met my wife Angie online by chance – it was NOT via a dating service and I wasn’t really looking at the time. Most of the better jobs I’ve gotten were by employers contacting ME. When I put a LOT of EFFORT into finding a girlfriend, I never got anywhere. Some things just happen. Sometimes slacking pays off. :-)
22. Meeting Angie was the best thing that ever happened to me. <3
23. I can’t stand hypocritical people or people with holier than thou attitudes.
24. I think the word n00b is a fun word.
25. I like wearing shorts and sandals nearly every day. (No surprise.)
- Meteors 1,173 photos, 482 members
- old vintage antique toys 5,601 photos, 262 members
- 80/90's Toys 5,479 photos, 433 members
- barn-door or untracked astronomy 1,489 photos, 178 members
- Landscape ART /// Inspiration landscapes in the world 5,785 photos, 2,873 members
- Weather Photos 13,134 photos, 1,324 members
- Lightning Images. 13,864 photos, 3,550 members
- Perseid Meteor Shower 117 photos, 67 members
- Windmills 24,255 photos, 5,272 members
- This Is My Workspace 184 photos, 27 members
- City of North Charleston 2,801 photos, 35 members
- What's on your shelves? 7,750 photos, 1,138 members
- Gamma Delphinid Meteor Shower 3 photos, 44 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 54,966 photos, 4,801 members
- .★Night * Magic★. 5,612 photos, 272 members
- Project Weather 105,778 photos, 31,224 members
- My Cluttered Desk 991 photos, 558 members
- Desk Space 2,499 photos, 1,351 members
- home office - work - job - studio 408 photos, 78 members
- Domo Domo Domokun 7,953 photos, 825 members
- Forced perspective: catching sun, kissing sphinx, holding pisa.. 2,347 photos, 9,440 members
- Fun Feet Pictures 1,272 photos, 303 members
- Hand & Fuß & Mund / Hand & Foot & Mouth 11,603 photos, 799 members
- Shoots by Programmers/Developers/Engineers 1,026 photos, 94 members
- *Happy Feet* =) 4,212 photos, 755 members
- I am Barefoot I am Free 1,957 photos, 244 members
- Halloween for Adults 4,010 photos, 643 members
- Halloween Decorations 7,649 photos, 811 members
- Halloween the best 4,541 photos, 627 members
- HALLOWEEN HORROR 4,813 photos, 635 members
- Googie 4,367 photos, 727 members
- Googie, Anyone? 3,725 photos, 557 members
- Breweries 3,504 photos, 431 members
- Steam power . . . .ed! 70,574 photos, 1,308 members
- Death of the Service Station 2,352 photos, 394 members
- Star Trails 19,002 photos, 7,743 members
- Perseids (2012) 16 photos, 11 members
- Perseids Meteor Shower / Meteor Showers 213 photos, 222 members
- Pac-Man Everything 742 photos, 277 members
- City Methodist Church - Gary Indiana 316 photos, 39 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 477,950 photos, 31,586 members
- the skies above 193,472 photos, 17,320 members
- The Milky Way 6,694 photos, 1,837 members
- LetsSeeYourFeetThen 3,548 photos, 1,201 members
- Lunar Connection 894 photos, 188 members
- Night Images 907,076 photos, 115,959 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 15,684 photos, 4,343 members
- moon and sky photographs 18,851 photos, 2,929 members
- Dillo alla luna.. 3,333 photos, 852 members
- Beers I Love 4,377 photos, 164 members
"Another great icon of Flickr!Mirrorblogging,Futab,and West Coast shots out of this world!And a kind and considerate soul who makes me laugh on a regular basis!
Very good visit here!"
14th March, 2009
"I like the way Kevin keeps his flickr friends up to date with his play-by-play stream from his day trips, weekenders, and full tilt vacations. It is a pleasure one shouldn't miss. Also his web cam things. Who can touch that? Hope to enjoy them for years to come."
7th February, 2009
"Your photos of the abandoned Mt Laguna AFS were wonderful. They brought back memories that were more than 30 years old. I thought of comrades and coworkers that I've lost touch for decades.
As Bob Hope used to say, "Thanks for the memories!""
28th June, 2008
In Memory of Maureen says:
"Before I met Kevin I thought slacking was a sign of laziness and a lack of motivation. Now, I see slacking as an art and a way of life. Showing the Man who the real boss is! hahaha Kevin taught me that hard work pays off over time, slacking pays off right away.
Kevin is an awesome friend and I hope one day to meet him in person and share a beer.. or like 73 or whatever. An awesome person indeed."
9th December, 2007
mezarc da diva says:
"finally! someone in flickr that i can relate to when it comes to slacking at work! viva los slworkers!!!"
1st November, 2007
"Whether he's slacking, eating take out, photographing the moon, or climbing a mountain, Kevin's photostream is definitely one to watch. His telescopic photos are some of the best i've seen, and I always visit to see if he has new celestial bodies posted. Kevin also seems to be a nice person who always takes the time to comment, or say hello!"
16th September, 2007
"The king Slacker... an inspiration to all..
Now if he would only keep the legs of his shorts dry the world could move forward."
5th July, 2007
"I enjoy living vicariously thru slworking2's lunch adventures."
1st May, 2007
"He is our Sleader to worship in the Church of Slackness.
To follow his prime example and to preach unto others the worthiness of following him.
9th January, 2007
"He's the #1 slacker
i bet he writes that in his resume lolz
truly a helpful and friendly person!"
1st January, 2007
"!!!! Excellent ¡¡¡¡"
31st December, 2006
"Sweet. Moving right along with Slworking ;)"
26th December, 2006
Tim and Carolyn says:
"I wouldn't be the slacker I am today if it weren't for Kevin. Thanks Kevin!"
19th December, 2006
7th November, 2006
"Everything I know of slacking I've leared from him!"
26th October, 2006
Earl - What I Saw 2.0 says:
"Slacking, deservedly recognized as the art form it is. A man on a mission is always a force with which to be reckoned; and you will meet one here, in the unfolding annals of his daily life at work.
14th September, 2006
Alex Neil says:
"Kevin slacks so much, he didn't know what a n00b was 'til I came around!"
1st July, 2006
Arthur of Alcoholica says:
"Ive known Kevin for probabluy a year now and he's a real cool guy and a great promoter of slacking at work! Top notch friend but the corporate worlds worst nightmare in a good way, for us fellow slackers at least! =D"
23rd June, 2006
"This man is awesome! He may be slacker but he is an ultimate slacker! Thats what makes him awesome! Hes always relaxing and living easy! Keep it up!"
17th June, 2006
"Slacker Extraordinaire!!! I only wish I could get away with slacking at work the way he does!"
17th June, 2006
"my only colleague who slack across da planet... Master of The Slacker World!!!!"
6th June, 2006
Eric + Cheese says:
"This guy made slacking cool!"
24th May, 2006
"What can I say? He's my hero. The ultimate Slacker. Iconic. A great inspiration to corporate America. Legendary. Think of Homer writing the Iliad with feet propped up, hands clasped behind his head, staring into space. In fact, that's what this stream is: the slIliad. I'd continue with this, but it's beginning to seem like work. Back to my break."
14th April, 2006
"He's some crazy guy who collects photos of people slacking off in work. I believe he has a lot of photos on there like this one of me drinking a beer wrapped in a company mousepad for disguise - www.flickr.com/ph..."
2nd March, 2006
- December 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Software Developer