A. R. Ammons
The photos contained within this photo stream are governed by the following: © 2005-2011 Slight Clutter Photography. All rights reserved.
Licensing Statement and Print Information
Should you be interested in licensing a photo, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Should you be interested in getting your hands on a print, you can check out my Etsy shop at www.slightclutter.etsy.com.
Recently I had to submit a bio for a publication, here is the very serious, ever-so-slightly tweaked version...
"Katya began her professional photography career at the youthful age of thirty-five after saying “goodbye” to post MBA fortune and “hello” to a life of impoverished creativity. When not photographing pre-dawn landscapes and the quirky side of life, Katya enjoys rocking out to the Foo Fighters and sipping on diet coke."
**Not trying to be a big meanie, but please don't post photo links to your Flickr page in my comments section. I will delete them. If you want me to see a photo, Flickrmail me.**
I'm a proud member of the Utata group
- Brazos Bend State Park 5,358 photos, 241 members
- Hipstamatic 298,602 photos, 16,685 members
- Photography Blogger 22,583 photos, 2,531 members
- Dreamy Landscapes (Editors' choice) 10,879 photos, 1,684 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,625 photos, 14,521 members
- Quintessence of Earth: the Trees 1,565 photos, 137 members
- North Alabama Photographers Guild (NAPG)-Next meeting March 11 11,112 photos, 374 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,406 members
- Corporate and business portraits 574 photos, 210 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,814 photos, 23,010 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 88,554 photos, 8,174 members
- Texas Space 336 photos, 58 members
- Scott Kelby's Third Annual Photowalk - Humble, TX 16 photos, 8 members
- Etsy.com love 238,776 photos, 13,712 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,437 members
- Imagekind™ 4,680 photos, 628 members
- Interior Design 71,447 photos, 9,834 members
- CultureMap Houston 750 photos, 50 members
- Texas in the Fog 290 photos, 55 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,515 photos, 19,156 members
- Etsy - Look and Learn 115,454 photos, 7,515 members
- Houston ~ Fourth Largest City 4,451 photos, 209 members
- photography saved my soul 1,770 photos, 204 members
- Autumn colors 133,049 photos, 10,802 members
- New England 139,682 photos, 3,318 members
- The Great North Woods in NH 1,291 photos, 94 members
- Houston Press Flickr Pool 29,833 photos, 883 members
- Birds of Texas 9,233 photos, 233 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 807,755 photos, 29,394 members
- *I Love Birds* 512,831 photos, 15,664 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 161,024 photos, 19,093 members
- Wildlife Photography 461,122 photos, 14,122 members
- squareFormat 875,483 photos, 33,428 members
- Death Valley - February 2010 48 photos, 35 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,818 members
- Obama Nation Posterized 233 photos, 97 members
- $2 Portraits 707 photos, 886 members
- Discovery Green 6,356 photos, 468 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 618,772 photos, 23,719 members
- Flickr Commons 2,213 photos, 1,804 members
- Ballet & Dance 26,068 photos, 2,821 members
- The Mist Fantastic 4,322 photos, 849 members
- Hurricane Ike 2008 3,534 photos, 366 members
- Concert Photography 185,839 photos, 34,580 members
- NinianLif's texture addicts 25,556 photos, 3,635 members
- Face Your Manga 744 photos, 792 members
- Houston Dr. Sketchy 1,696 photos, 174 members
- Houston Skateboarding 1,214 photos, 53 members
- The Official Houston Roller Derby Group 6,998 photos, 104 members
- Lensbaby 74,863 photos, 9,457 members
"Katya is an artist that looks with her eyes and sees with her heart, so much more than image... each picture makes me feel... and that is art.
Continually exploring and raising the bar - you are an inspiration and mentor without even knowing it.... thank you."
8th September, 2008
Jeff Milton says:
"Katya's photographs have a unique style and often tell a story. We are blessed to have he share her work with us on flickr."
3rd April, 2008
"Katya is a uniquely gifted photographer with the ability to see through the lens things many of us wish we could see just with our eyes. It is not just her skill with the camera, but her vision to see things most would overlook and to reveal something about her subject most would miss. Besides her gifts as an artist, she is one of the most kind and thoughtful people I've ever known. Those of us lucky enough to know her are better off for it."
1st July, 2007
- Kemaha - says:
"Katya, apart from being a brilliant photographer, is a kind considerate woman - and I think that does come through in her images. They seem to have this serene, well thought out feel to them that makes them a pleasure to look at. I love your images Katya, hope to see you go from strength to strength."
1st June, 2007
"Katya is not just an awe-inspiring photographer, she is also extremely generous with comments and guidance to the rest of the Flickr community. Katya, thank you... I'm glad to call you a friend."
5th May, 2007
"I think that to take photo is a kind of mission. I can see the beautiful, the peace, the love, all the sweet things of life in slight cutter's photo :) She is absolutely one of my favourite photographer in flickr. Because beautiful is in the small things and she catchs them all :)
10th December, 2006
"Simply put, Katya's photos are beautiful, insightful, inspiring, and breathtaking. Truly a treasure as both a photographer and a friend, Katya's photos and thoughtfulness are destined to amaze you time after time."
12th October, 2006
"I've never been so charmed by anyone else's photos. There are two words i love to use to describe her work: charming and enchanting. Take a look and you'll see what i mean!"
28th July, 2006
"Katya is an artist who's work I have admired from my first days on flickr. Her unerring eye and unmistakeable style is a constant source of amazment and inspiration. Her unfailing comments and encouragment on my stream are always a welcome sight. She is a wonderful friend and a truly gifted photographer."
10th April, 2006
myla kent says:
"Katya has one of the most beautiful hearts -- I know this because that beauty shines through in every shot she takes. I can't think of a higher compliment to give her except that you'll become totally addicted to her special brand of photographic genius."
11th March, 2006
"Slight Clutter is truly amazing in many ways. Her work is always of the highest quality. Every Picture she takes looks like it belongs in a Book. Whether it is of a homeless man in Galveston, a duck, or of a washer and dryer in a laundry mat.
She inspires me to continue to Keep working on this hobby that I love, and to strive to be better at it.
Katya Has a huge following and it is very clear why she has so many fans (It is rare when you can actually luck out and be the first too comment on her pictures.)
She Is a nice, incredible and beautiful women and this shines through every time she raises her lens. she Is someone I wish that I could know in my life, Because she is truly a rare and wonderful gem.
Thanks so much Katya"
4th March, 2006
"Mrs. clutter's photostream is like a poetic Shakespearian setting --- you never really know what is coming next.
I have noticed a gradual shift in her work ever since I began visiting this fashionably artistic location. She is able to capture stunningly pacing foldouts that would forever stand the test of time. Some people find their poetry in the quiet streets of a sleepy town, along the banks of a still lake...and I can only imagine how her work is more like a rendezvous within her, because of that fine eye of the landscape that exists for richness and figures suited to consistently please her.
Please continue snapping, Mrs. Clutter, and I will continuously be captured in that sort of "volume" of things!"
18th February, 2006
"A spectacular photographer with one of the most unique eyes on Flickr. Her sensitivity to her subjects and appreciation of natural aesthetics bring her images to life. A very special person as well, who I always enjoy seeing in my "comments" section! How can you not love such a wonderful person? Her work as a whole is a self-portrait in itself."
30th January, 2006
O Caritas says:
"There are many whose streams I visit regularly for the great images I find in them. When I visit Katya's stream, I find not only wonderful photographs but a warm, compassionate beating heart."
22nd December, 2005
"If I were to associate a month with Katya, I'd say it was June. Her images are filled with the sunlight and colors of late spring time. Bright cool light, before the heat of summer. As in June, her vision of the world bursts forth with life. Sparkingly, rich life captured in cats eyes and the faces in Katrina's wake. And in June we never need a reason to wink and laugh. That unrestrained but gentle humor also finds its way from her heart into her craft."
26th November, 2005
"Katya's photostream is a wonderful combination of colours, shapes and feelings"
24th November, 2005
"~I have enjoyed Katya's images for some time now, but I have gained a heightened sense of respect for her after viewing the images she has been taking of the victims of Katrina's path...a fine person, compassionate and her images are indelible~"
7th September, 2005
"Yeah, she's pretty good."
25th August, 2005
"Katyas pictures really inspire me to try and do better. The way she captures life in her shots is just amazing, be animal, human or vegetal (hell, she makes rocks look alive). She is also one of the nicest people I've met in flickr. Allways with a nice comment and ready to answer any question."
10th June, 2005
"I love so much her cat pictures! The other ones are great too, but I'm a cat addicted =^.^=
She always impress me with her awasome pictures of Pushka, Whiska and other felines..."
22nd April, 2005
"She is a friend. I'm so happy she is."
4th April, 2005
Bobby Alcott says:
"This testimonial is brought to you by the letter "L".
Now, why would "L" get top billing? Sole sponsorship? Because "L" is the star of Katya's show. Siddown... lemme explain.
"L" stands for Life, the real subject of Katya's work. The soul of life; the breath that you hold in because you're afraid it might be your last. You want life as she knows it? Take a look around you and tell me those kittens aren't alive inside your screen. Tell me you don't FEEL the subjects in her shots; the pain, the joy. Katya brings that to you.
You can't laugh without "L". I bet you knew that. Katya did. Her works make you think about laughing, then realizing you were laughing all along.
Love begins with "L". Some of us proclaim to know Love, as it comes and goes through our lives. Katya knows more. She is more. Her love for people of all races, or animals of all breed, of life in all it's fruit juicy flavors. Let her explain love to you. Relax - you're still sitting.
Love -> Laugh -> Life -> Lens. Simple & beautiful.
Thanks, Katya. For everything you bring."
30th March, 2005
Images of Elbows says:
"The objects that Katya captures in her photos spark stories and personalities in my head. Statues have stories, hubcaps have a history, landscapes tilt and whirl as if in motion.
Plus, she's got some cats with serious attitude. Don't mess with Pushka Bear!"
18th March, 2005
"Katya's photography is original, creative, diverse and very personal. Her photographs very much show me how she looks at things and what is important for her in a photo. She invites the viewer to be part of her experience.
Last but not least she has a natural feeling for aesthetics."
8th March, 2005
"Amazing eye for photography. Her work is very compeling and always stimulates the eye and the mind.
She has a sharp wit and is very tolerant of the attempt at humor from others.
Keep an eye on her stream to see some really compeling photography."
1st March, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Katya, in a very short time, has become a favorite of mine. Her work is refreshing and there is just so much "personality" in her photos, especially the ones of Pushka. Every week she seems to outdo herself and I've come to expect amazing work from her.
No pressure at all. :)"
25th February, 2005
- Katya Horner
- February 2005
- Houston, Texas, United States
- I am:
- Slight Clutter Website