I am professional photographer, journalist and filmmaker living in New York City. Born in Majorca, Spain, I later moved to Barcelona to graduate in journalism. After that, I traveled to San Antonio de los Baños, in Cuba, where I lived for two years and graduated in cinema and TV directing from the EICTV (International Film and TV School).
After a brief return to my homeland for a year working as a TV reporter in Palma de Majorca I moved to Manhattan in pursue of dreams of love and glory... :-) From the city, I have continued my journalistic collaboration with several Spanish media in radio, TV or magazines, and I've developed my photography career full time.
I am a proud mobile photographer, and recognized pioneer in the mobile revolution. As such, I have been a speaker about mobile photography with talks at the Soho Apple Store in New York, or the PMA Photo convention in Anaheim (California). I have open new doors to the field participating in events such as the campaign for BAR III, a new fashion line that sells on Macy's and Macys.com exclusively (my photos for them have been featured in the spring/summer look books and for three weeks all over the pop up shop that BAR III opened on 5th Avenue in NYC during Fashion Week), or photographing innovative conferences like the Gamification Summit in San Francisco and New York City. I have worked with important clients from actors and entrepreneurs to "Best Original Song" Oscar winner Marketa Irglova, for whom I've done the promotional images of her upcoming solo album/tour "ANAR".
I work as a freelancer and I accept commissioned work for portraits, headshots, photojournalism or events coverage. Feel free to contact me if my style could suit your needs. Among other professional achievements, I am proud to have been the official photographer at the 2010 and 2011 edition of the 24 Hour Plays on Broadway (with celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Sam Rockwell, Megan Fox, Jason Biggs, Carla Gugino, Billy Crudup, Kyra Sedwig, Sarah Silverman, Elijah Wood and Gloria Estefan among many others involved).
I'm also currently the "image" of the launch of the new mobile photo stock division called WinG, by the company Win-Initiative in New York City. You can check my video here and join WinG if you're a mobile photographer yourself!
I've been featured in three different TV segments for national TV shows in Spain: in the culture show "INQUIETOS"" for La2, "Anima" on C33 and the video of the week on SiEs.TV online.
My work is currently participating in the first traveling exhibit on mobile photography in Spain: Mobile Eyephoneography show, which is touring the FNAC stores in 8 cities in Spain. I also showed in Atlanta last October in two exhibits during the Atlanta Celebrates Photography (ACP) Festival: #iPhoneography on Gallery 1, and "Ones to Watch" on Mary Stanley's Studio. In the past, my photography has been featured in art shows in Spain (EYEPHONEOGRAPHY and IPHONEOGRAFIA, at the prestigious art center La Panera, in Lleida) and in NYC, where I was exhibited and curated the section "New York Local Heroes" in the last EYEEM exhibit in NYC (Sept 27-29 2010).
I've been the lead judge in the panel for the first international mobile photo competition known as the EYEEM Awards/, and one of three judges at the "Air Print Moments" photo contest by HP.
New York City has provided an endless source of inspiration for my street photography and journalism, as I yearn to capture the raw reality of the city and its people. My work has been featured in photography blogs and magazines, such as Photocritic.org, Resource Magazine, Gup Magazine, iPhoneography.com, Phaidon.com, Mashable.com, Time Out New York, American Photo Magazine, and Wink Magazine, and newspapers like Metro UK, El Pais, La Vanguardia, etc.
Most of the images on my stream were taken with an iPhone camera, while I also work (and you will see) with other devices like a Canon50D, Polaroids, a Diana toy camera or even some disposable cameras.
My filmwork has been shown in film festivals worldwide, in cities such as Amsterdam, Auckland, Barcelona, Havana, Melbourne, New York City, Rio de Janeiro and Rome.
All images on my stream have ALL RIGHTS RESERVED an are protected by copyright. If you want to buy or use any on your website, blog or project, DO NOT steal it without asking (you know it's a violation of the laws). Ask me first, and If I am interested in the proposal, I will gladly give it to you or I can offer you a good deal if it’s for commercial use, but I do want (and have the protected right) to know what its use is going to be. Thanks very much.
In that same regard, and after seeing my photos being "stolen" and published in sites like Tumblr, I adopted a new policy: if you add me as contact, fave my images or put them in galleries but your profile is empty, you don't have anything or just internet copied material on your stream, only porn, etc. don't take it wrong that I'll be blocking you. Flickr is about showing and sharing, and if you don't have anything to show, I don't and can't know what it is you want with my pictures, so I go the cautious way first.
Feel free to visit my personal website:
Or follow me on my Facebook Page on iPhoneography:
Follow me on Twitter:
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 336 photos, 347 members
- poesia maschile - virile poetry 4,838 photos, 461 members
- NPR Picture Show 119,316 photos, 5,750 members
- Photocritic Photography School 1,820 photos, 1,606 members
- Street Photography - Fotografia di Strada 31,205 photos, 1,186 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 7,516 photos, 2,080 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 10,088 photos, 2,786 members
- **NEW** Hardcore Street Life 16,516 photos, 1,177 members
- travel and social reportage 26,074 photos, 1,345 members
- NX100 4,133 photos, 228 members
- Dog Moments... Classics in BW 386 photos, 94 members
- All Street Photography 219,980 photos, 5,122 members
- The Street Photograph (Black and White Street Photography) 45,153 photos, 1,582 members
- Life in the Street Photography 50,173 photos, 1,246 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,345 photos, 7,835 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 217,002 photos, 13,109 members
- Perspective 35,354 photos, 4,253 members
- wastd 8,725 photos, 439 members
- Inspirational Photography 138,997 photos, 8,475 members
- Dramatic Portraits - Post 1 Award 2 143,408 photos, 12,657 members
- A Portrait Group 354,180 photos, 9,093 members
- Monochromia - iPhone App 236 photos, 61 members
- Global Photojournalism; Politics, News, Protest, and Culture 231,767 photos, 16,421 members
- Imagens do Povo / Images of the People / Bilder von der Leute 15,612 photos, 629 members
- AGÊNCIA MAGNUM GENÉRICA 16,670 photos, 646 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 181,344 photos, 4,801 members
- iPhoneografia_La Panera 312 photos, 7 members
- Flickr VOGUE 74,620 photos, 3,862 members
- HUH. Magazine Submissions 224,436 photos, 9,188 members
- Image Portrait Gallery !!! - B&W or Color !!! 39,425 photos, 1,268 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 91,251 photos, 12,272 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 87,343 photos, 2,983 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 50,859 photos, 1,733 members
- Streets in Colo(u)r 10,255 photos, 1,830 members
- In The Streets 53,378 photos, 1,297 members
- iPhone Spain 12,759 photos, 580 members
- hyper chaotic aureole 48,957 photos, 5,266 members
- The Disposable Camera Project 1,107 photos, 160 members
- Amanti del Bianco e Nero/ Lovers of Black and White photography 128,819 photos, 6,394 members
- iPhoneographie 50,315 photos, 804 members
- Mobile Phone Photography 121,591 photos, 5,170 members
- Street Photography International 52,446 photos, 2,420 members
- The Human Factor 88,144 photos, 3,425 members
- The Real Portrait 8,410 photos, 879 members
- Photography Magazine, I Heart 216,046 photos, 11,504 members
- the human condition 73,594 photos, 3,196 members
- Shadow of a Doubt 49,865 photos, 1,579 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,763 photos, 51,487 members
- Lense Flares and cool light stuff 19,465 photos, 2,450 members
- lens flares 10,518 photos, 2,338 members
"Sion was one of the first I discovered on Flickr, when my interest in making photos with the iPhone began. I didn’t even know the term iPhoneography at that time.. And he was an excellent start! The photos he makes amazes me all the time. He is a star in making photos and processing them with just the right app. Because of his fine street photography in NY he gives me the feeling to actually be there once or twice a day! Although the photos are in B&W most of the times, they really bring color into my life.. I make other kind of photography beacuse of my enverimont . That doesn’t stop him to inspire me in my photography and let me show the possibilities of some of those apps. Thanks Sion."
2nd September, 2010
"Sion's photostream is an insight into his life: one filled with inspiration, creativity, and hope. He captures ordinary sights in NYC only with an iPhone, but does it better than many others using more sophisticated equipment. With Sion, his passion comes through his lens. The only thing I love better than his photography are his introspective narratives of what he captures, giving his subjects new life and purpose. Sion's photos are more than just images."
19th May, 2010
Danny Dutch says:
"I have met many people on Flickr but I am very glad to have come accross Sion's work, as someone that primarily uses an iPhone to capture images I see Sion's work as a massive inspiration and it constantly amazes me the images he produces and in turn it makes me want to try harder with my own images.
Keep up the amazing work Sion, and long may you be an inspiration to us all!!"
16th February, 2010
John Fraissinet says:
"I see that Sion just reached one million views on his photostream. That number is mindboggling to me because as popular as his photography is, it is still an intimate experience to look at his pictures. It is as if you are with him as he notices the world and describes it to you. Sion is more than a photographer, he is a poet with a camera."
15th December, 2009
"its the things you are able to see- i once wrote here-but thats a not all, you have the tongue (i mean when u write he he), the heart (this is your greatest gift) and undying curiousity (that keeps you alive) .
i first realized your stream somewhere in 2008 and felt instantly in love with your iphone images-there you were the proove again-talent needs no BIG EQUIPMENT. but honestly much more than your images i like you! take care as i allways say to ppl that are important to me!!!
besos from la otra puta ;-)"
19th September, 2009
GK Sholanke says:
"TALENT WITH A CAPITAL T !!!!"
17th September, 2009
"Sion shows us the real New York, a wonderful mix of the fantastic and gritty. We see the day to day through the eyes of a passionate man and photographer. Similar to Cartier-Bresson, Sion captures 'The Decisive Moment' giving us a story in the click or snap of a shutter.
Who needs famous people when the ordinary Joe tells us so much? Sion gives these people their 15 minutes of fame and makes them an eternal star on Flickr."
12th August, 2009
"Sion's got an iPhone, talent and heart! I love watching the other side of the world through his photos!!!"
18th June, 2009
"Ok, so Sion's my boyfriend, which makes it very hard to write a testimonial and not sound completely biased. But here's the thing...even if I didn't know him, his photostream would be one of my favorites on Flickr -- and that's the honest truth. He photographs the things that *I* like to see, and is able to capture fragments of life we may have witnessed a thousand times and make them fresh and new and exciting again. He brings a special connection to the subjects and places that he photographs. He has a special eye (which his film and journalism background has helped hone) which looks for those special moments that the average photographer -- no matter how technically skilled -- might overlook. And he has also managed to make what I thought would be a "crappy" camera, his iPhone, into one of his best photographic tools. He's inspired me to take my own photos, though I doubt I'll ever be as good as him. If I didn't know him, I would fall in love with him through his pictures, because of the loving care he shows in them."
21st April, 2009
William GT says:
"The first time a saw his photos I was blown away and hooked up to his site..His captures reflect the real urban life of NY...
He has been an inspiration ...
Thanks so much!!!"
12th March, 2009
baltasar lopez says:
"Sion es un observador nato de la vida diaria.
Posee una visón de la calle que te atrapa en cada fotografía
Todo un descubrimiento."
15th January, 2009
Matthew Vinci says:
"Excellent eye, a great feel for color and mood. One of my favorite photostreams on Flickr. Keep it coming."
3rd October, 2008
"Sion has proved something to me that I have known all along. You don't have to have the most advanced/expensive camera to take arresting, immersive, and beautiful photographs. You need to be a photographer to do that. What he does with his iPhone puts many people to shame. I enjoy seeing the world through his eyes - it's very human, diverse and inclusive. Truly a man who enjoys life and people. Excellent work."
24th September, 2008
"Sion has a great eye. He can take something that has been photographed a million times and makes it his own. This what a great photographer can do. I love looking at his pictures, and I am not alone (the posted comments here agree with me.) His work should also be in a gallery where people can buy prints."
26th August, 2008
Barbara Stock says:
"We Germans use the french term "flaneur" to characterize a person who walks through the urban landscape observing society, having the sharpness of his eyes on even the small things. And this allows him to reflect on bigger things, coherences and ideas... Since I visited Sion Fullana's photostream for the first time, I virtually followed him on his walks through the streets of NYC, and so learned a lot about urban and people photography, the town, the architecture, the inhabitants... His candid pictures are always sympathetic and show his empathy for the people. These photographies tell stories, and every single photo encapsulates more than thousand words could ever tell. I also loved to watch his wonderful films on youtube, and I should be glad, to see more like this in future."
22nd August, 2008
- Sion Fullana
- September 2007
- Palma de Majorca / Barcelona (Spain)
- New York City, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographer/Journalist / Filmmaker