A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- Glasgow Photo 3,057 photos, 2,962 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 807 photos, 1,951 members
- Ayrshire 22,297 photos, 593 members
- Scottish Ruins 980 photos, 95 members
- Scotland 397,167 photos, 14,955 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 5,523 photos, 230 members
- dr cream street art 303 photos, 39 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,019 photos, 616 members
- London Shot Collective 4,841 photos, 188 members
- Bakerloo Line 137 photos, 24 members
- Father Ted 90 photos, 50 members
- Lost Clothes 82 photos, 13 members
- City and Architecture 18,554 photos, 1,891 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 529 photos, 1,769 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 51,442 photos, 2,716 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 56,201 photos, 3,051 members
- Portrush 992 photos, 57 members
- Portstewart 941 photos, 62 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 312,345 photos, 15,978 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 383 photos, 96 members
- amywinehouse 257 photos, 138 members
- amy winehouse 329 photos, 159 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 2,097 photos, 99 members
- Doctor Who 17,236 photos, 1,893 members
- Window seat please 99,668 photos, 21,069 members
- Space-Invaders 25,894 photos, 2,640 members
- Space Invaders London 2,230 photos, 297 members
- Not Real People 37,413 photos, 1,946 members
- Boing Boing 87,920 photos, 4,906 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 625,040 photos, 47,859 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 57 photos, 15 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,217 photos, 114 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,321 photos, 175 members
- Mannequin 23,421 photos, 3,456 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 104,188 photos, 7,641 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 11 photos, 76 members
- ISSUE 9 NOW ON SALE - http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/71868 12,865 photos, 325 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,812 photos, 22,990 members
- dinosaurs! 11,584 photos, 1,928 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 29,630 photos, 1,206 members
- Pumpkin 6,099 photos, 1,262 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 603 photos, 197 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,659 photos, 414 members
- Belfast City 5,584 photos, 380 members
- Alien Skin Software 13,083 photos, 1,852 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 6,715 photos, 2,366 members
- am i still ill? 1,578 photos, 487 members
- Star Wars 49,662 photos, 5,364 members
- Plastic Bullet 5,512 photos, 1,135 members
- Sleeping Creatures 276 photos, 130 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
8th December, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
9th March, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
27th July, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
15th July, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
28th February, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
2nd February, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
1st September, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
23rd June, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
30th May, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
24th March, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
18th February, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
4th February, 2006
- September 2005