A small point - I pay for the hosting of these photos. I have no problem with them being blogged, or used on non-commercial websites, but ASK ME FIRST. It'd be a shame if what happened to townpup.co.uk happened to you.
London Noir at the Horse Hospital, Bloomsbury, August 7-September 4 2006
Precinct 13 - a flickr group for urban paranoia and unease
The London Chain
London After Midnight - night shots of London
Recently I have been listening to:
Photos of Simon Crubellier (4)
- Glasgow Photo 2,756 photos, 2,945 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 793 photos, 1,970 members
- Ayrshire 21,570 photos, 586 members
- Scottish Ruins 903 photos, 92 members
- Scotland 388,413 photos, 14,718 members
- Urban Exploration Scotland 5,403 photos, 230 members
- dr cream street art 273 photos, 37 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,000 photos, 614 members
- London Shot Collective 4,242 photos, 181 members
- Bakerloo Line 114 photos, 23 members
- Father Ted 88 photos, 48 members
- Lost Clothes 79 photos, 12 members
- City and Architecture 18,026 photos, 1,730 members
- SPNC - Street Photography Now Community 502 photos, 1,658 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 45,798 photos, 2,625 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 48,775 photos, 2,988 members
- Portrush 954 photos, 56 members
- Portstewart 936 photos, 62 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 292,609 photos, 15,831 members
- Dirt: The filthy reality of everyday life 374 photos, 95 members
- amywinehouse 251 photos, 138 members
- amy winehouse 326 photos, 158 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 2,073 photos, 99 members
- Doctor Who 16,649 photos, 1,843 members
- Window seat please 97,040 photos, 19,462 members
- Space-Invaders 25,202 photos, 2,641 members
- Space Invaders London 2,195 photos, 295 members
- Not Real People 36,715 photos, 1,939 members
- Boing Boing 81,557 photos, 4,705 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 615,505 photos, 47,487 members
- NW London Stencil Fox 57 photos, 14 members
- LONDON - Hipstamatic ( New group ) 1,224 photos, 111 members
- Fans of The Royal Parks 1,341 photos, 166 members
- Mannequin 23,114 photos, 3,431 members
- BIKER LIFE ~ living and loving the lifestyle~ 104,677 photos, 7,601 members
- Top Pics (Accept or Reject)- A W@nker-Free Zone 9 photos, 77 members
- AUBADE Magazine (currently unedited-I'm spending 2012 writing) 12,295 photos, 307 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,896 photos, 23,161 members
- dinosaurs! 11,476 photos, 1,917 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 27,791 photos, 1,167 members
- Pumpkin 5,928 photos, 1,262 members
- Banksy Back-in-the-Day 603 photos, 195 members
- Jewish faces M&MS 2,655 photos, 413 members
- Belfast City 4,884 photos, 352 members
- Alien Skin Software 11,154 photos, 1,577 members
- Ubuntu Artwork 6,652 photos, 2,360 members
- am i still ill? 1,592 photos, 487 members
- Star Wars 48,182 photos, 5,280 members
- Plastic Bullet 5,498 photos, 1,142 members
- Sleeping Creatures 271 photos, 129 members
"thank you, Simon_love your shots your talent your vision_glad to get a contact with your creation_good luck, my friend! - :[ maldoror ]:"
8th December, 2009
"simon is often said to be the last romantic in camden. whilst i agree that that to some extent may be the case i see him as much more than that!
what's brilliant about mr crubellier's work is his uncanny ability to capture something worthwhile and esthetically pleasing in anything and everything. diversity is a true feature with this bloke, too. from soft shots of a cool camden canal and amazing images of saturated sky to the nitty, gritty, grimey, in-your-face colours of the streets around us and the raw wit that so often seems to evade london photographers these days.
a true master of nighttime photography, a skilled portrayer of movement and light, a diversified artist and above all a photographer to take interest in as his images always promise more than just your average flickr-contact; i am confident that i one day will run into him around our neighbourhood!
'til then i pay this small homage in the hope that those of you who have not already discovered him will take note and have peek as those of us who have have fallen head over heels!
9th March, 2009
"Simon's photography is great.
It always feels so familiar to me (lots pf photos taken in or around Camden) and I love the way he sees and photographs every day things that we see around us all of the time.
Dark and moody, bright and kitsch, his work is always interesting, and it's a real pleasure to have him visit my stream so often.
27th July, 2008
"His stuff just oozes cool."
15th July, 2008
"YEAH - simon you ROCK!!
like your style.
you have great colours
in your shots! ...love it
everytime i see your london shots
i´ll be back in london!!!
28th February, 2008
Madam The Strange says:
"Thanks Friend :)"
2nd February, 2008
Steph Edwards says:
"Dark...dirty....witty....and just plain brilliant! Simon's photography is so unique and never ceases to inspire me.
His images of London are honest, intriguing and raw, and constantly remind me why I love this city so much. A very interesting and talented photographer."
1st September, 2007
"simon is perhaps the last romantic in camden. i guess that says a lot."
23rd June, 2006
"What can you say about Mr Crubellier? Except that his eye on the city is unique and inspiring. Dark and scary. Bright and unusual (I'm thinking of his rivets series here). A wry sense of humour is overlly apparent in his photography and his comments."
30th May, 2006
Princess Valium says:
"the ever charmingly mysterious Mister Crubellier's photos make me remember why I love the grit, the grime, the parks, teh pr0n and the people of London.
and he's a nice bloke."
24th March, 2006
"One of the three people I'm actively trying to learn from, Simon's photos are always the first to look at when they come in, and they always have something new to offer. There's always a new perspective on everyday things, a darker take on the overly familiar, (which appeals to me) and a sense of fun and exploration. I can't recommend his work highly enough."
18th February, 2006
"Great action, night, people, and building shots.
4th February, 2006
- September 2005