a humble soul
always tuned to the right frequency
also find me @
Sheldon Wood's Profile
Create your badge
my listening habits....
- Artistic Perspectives 36,038 photos, 1,261 members
- Wonderful Indonesia 481 photos, 50 members
- Lightning 33,152 photos, 13,276 members
- Phi Phi Islands 727 photos, 162 members
- Lamb & Lou Rhodes 881 photos, 82 members
- Trivento 58 photos, 6 members
- ***The Sensual World***.................................... 270 photos, 36 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,705 photos, 100,509 members
- Buttermere 205 photos, 36 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,147,323 photos, 23,986 members
- Travel Photography 2,090,237 photos, 83,324 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 8,767 photos, 923 members
- Indonesian Dance 1,518 photos, 252 members
- Ricefields 1,301 photos, 129 members
- Best of Indonesia Photos 24,097 photos, 2,950 members
- Bali & Beyond Journal Photography 20,649 photos, 1,910 members
- Bali Flickr Club 22,161 photos, 1,291 members
- The Deep, Kingston Upon Hull 896 photos, 192 members
- Pearl Jam 5,844 photos, 952 members
- Rock Photography 119,382 photos, 8,038 members
- NIN|JA Tour '09 3,671 photos, 136 members
- Bali Images 29,947 photos, 2,290 members
- Made in Bali 3,498 photos, 214 members
- Bali 10,530 photos, 386 members
- Skiathos 1,559 photos, 153 members
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park - PLEASE GIVE DETAILS !!!!!!!!!! 6,021 photos, 426 members
- Another Place - Gormley 3,793 photos, 540 members
- And Metallica For All 3,505 photos, 742 members
- Black Crowes 914 photos, 73 members
- London Street Photography (LSP) 252 photos, 2,862 members
- sigur rós 3,897 photos, 1,059 members
- WOW just WOW (Competition VOTING) 93,151 photos, 2,827 members
- Jane's Addiction 955 photos, 104 members
- my bloody valentine 1,012 photos, 246 members
- The Regency Society for Morals & Manners 1,924 photos, 480 members
- Calderdale 17,095 photos, 420 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Growth' 101,039 photos, 14,057 members
- Top 20 Greece 20 photos, 673 members
- Polski Sklep 48 photos, 39 members
- Molise 7,347 photos, 482 members
- Italy, Best of / L'immagine dell'Italia 179,179 photos, 9,456 members
- The Sea Nation 425 photos, 78 members
- Andy Goldsworthy 1,904 photos, 529 members
- Clutching Her Faded Photograph (Tori Amos inspired pics) 369 photos, 131 members
- Reality Altered 565 photos, 139 members
- The Most Beautiful / Handsome People In The World 1,402 photos, 258 members
- The World Through My Eyes - TGIF **OPEN** 3,298,498 photos, 94,935 members
- Visiting someone's home 251 photos, 34 members
- Perpendicular 79 photos, 9 members
- eyes < o > < o > 19,188 photos, 3,127 members
"I don't care about Sheldon at all,
But i looooove Starbuck!!! a very pretty cat.....there are 3 things that i would like to meet when i hit UK: Starbuck, Prince Willian or Matthew and Leeds University!!
I am just kidding about Sheldon, he's a nice guy a great photographer!!!
xxxx and for Starbuck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
10th April, 2007
"Well what does one say about a man as lovely as the dear Sheldon.
First of, he is a truly FABULOUS photographer. He seems to make everything look beautiful. And for him to comment and fave my pics is a HUGE compliment.
Secondly.... I have been in contact with this man through flickr for a short time but i have to say that I am so glad I met him on this. He says what he thinks, he makes me smile! Lovely lovely man!
So all in all I think in a very jumbled up way I have told you all how fab Shel is.
3rd April, 2006
- Kemaha - says:
"Sheldon is steadfastly becoming a good friend of mine, which for me is fantastic as I have been a huge admirer of his images for several months now. He has such a strong insight as to exactly who he is and how he feels and is able to convey it in such a way in his photographs that you think that you are there with him. He's a very nice, lovely guy and I'm so happy that I can say that he is my friend."
26th February, 2006
"being new to the world of flickr and feeling a little exposed in the openess of flicker-you wonder what will they say. As the official greeter of flickr Shel shared incredible warmth and compassion for my scrapbook like stream. And as I opened up his stream I found a world of beautiful photography and someone who looked at the world not for the popular and sensational but for what is subtle and floats into your soul and lingers. His photography and his friendship are generous, sweet, thought provoking, illuminating, and ethereal. A rare creation on this earth, he makes one feel reinspired to look at the world differently. To open up a little wider, and to explore what it means to be living and creating. His photography is simply a gift to those around him as is the friendship we have created without pretense.It's good to be alive with Janesdead."
12th December, 2005
"It would not be an exaggeration to say that Sheldon’s photos are prolific, it’s actually an understatement – I have seen only a handful of photographs that have moved me as deeply as his do. Each moment he captures, be it a building, someone’s smile, landscape or bodyscape, there’s always such a profound sentiment that echoes deep within each image. With a sensitive eye behind the camera, he has the extraordinary ability to see through and beyond the material and tangible elements that surround us, delicately extricating only magical qualities, the beauty, and the mystery within that we so rarely stop to witness and enjoy.
With every new photo I become more and more captivated and wilfully loose myself I the sublime exquisiteness of his work."
23rd November, 2005
""... this is a tale of a Northern Soul..."
Shel's photos are transcending. Not only are they aesthetically stunning to the eyes, they're also rich with emotion and depth. His landscapes are undoubtebly the best I've seen on Flickr and consistantly magical and dreamlike. Woven like tapestries of the finest threads beauty has to offer, they take you on a journey; transporting you to other worlds while still rooting you firmly to the ground.
Shel himself is a truly beautiful man. Aware, compassionate, gifted, sensual, inspiring, and incredibly warm hearted - he never fails to brighten a day. His self portraits display a passionate honesty which is both refreshing and touching.
I'm deeply honoured to know him. xxx"
31st October, 2005
- Sheldon Wood
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Northern Soul Photography