Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 12,923 photos, 877 members
- Los Angeles 176,629 photos, 9,753 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 7,477 photos, 658 members
- canon photography 2,839,609 photos, 61,324 members
- The Los Angeles Group 71,503 photos, 2,962 members
- Cell Phone Photography 188,521 photos, 8,118 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 12,125 photos, 803 members
- Strobist.com 571,633 photos, 113,727 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [45°contest OPEN! POST NOW!] 114,276 photos, 19,385 members
- People Portraits 2,095,241 photos, 97,873 members
- One Of A Kind 603,808 photos, 20,232 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 10,856 photos, 957 members
- Red Space 12,798 photos, 1,722 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 1,922 photos, 420 members
- White and Black Photography 424,988 photos, 16,815 members
- The Cinematographer 71,282 photos, 4,761 members
- MacBook 4,029 photos, 1,331 members
- Mac Addicts 32,349 photos, 7,995 members
- Cult of Mac 26,725 photos, 5,449 members
- People in Black & White 422,806 photos, 24,954 members
- Just Let It Out 1,111 photos, 267 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 188,342 photos, 15,855 members
- California 219,973 photos, 6,968 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 610,423 photos, 14,912 members
- Black & white portraits 295,950 photos, 27,959 members
- The Bronx 11,836 photos, 707 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,659 photos, 1,960 members
- Portrait★Faces 106,461 photos, 42,711 members
- Artistic Photography 1,818,828 photos, 66,792 members
- DoF 716,420 photos, 56,941 members
- Cinematic Moments. 416,337 photos, 17,663 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 72,067 photos, 5,999 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 847,385 photos, 44,307 members
- WOW! [Add only pictures commented with a "wow"] 165,598 photos, 15,047 members
- Utata 399,397 photos, 21,810 members
- Black History 5,616 photos, 749 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 267,048 photos, 16,103 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 588,039 photos, 46,688 members
- blackpeople 44,747 photos, 2,864 members
- B&W 2,999,962 photos, 148,054 members
- Black and White 4,931,674 photos, 243,250 members
- Macintosh 56,866 photos, 18,656 members
- FlickrCentral 6,084,326 photos, 183,955 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes - Seriously, READ THE HOME PAGE 457,531 photos, 26,911 members
- All People 2,670,334 photos, 77,361 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,415,576 photos, 123,895 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
30th September, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
19th September, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
6th March, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
18th November, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
5th October, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
25th September, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
4th September, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
19th August, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
12th August, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
9th August, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
28th July, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken