Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 16,447 photos, 870 members
- Los Angeles 189,829 photos, 10,025 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 8,030 photos, 686 members
- canon photography 3,319,778 photos, 67,614 members
- The Los Angeles Group 79,519 photos, 3,004 members
- Cell Phone Photography 230,328 photos, 8,922 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 12,871 photos, 816 members
- Strobist.com 587,446 photos, 117,286 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [49° Contest VOTE NOW!] 129,635 photos, 20,473 members
- People Portraits 2,448,188 photos, 117,673 members
- One Of A Kind 636,800 photos, 20,385 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 11,916 photos, 966 members
- Red Space 13,280 photos, 1,723 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 2,012 photos, 417 members
- White and Black Photography 505,964 photos, 18,563 members
- The Cinematographer 79,325 photos, 5,036 members
- MacBook 3,938 photos, 1,323 members
- Mac Addicts 32,657 photos, 7,995 members
- Cult of Mac 26,721 photos, 5,441 members
- People in Black & White 481,534 photos, 26,454 members
- Just Let It Out 1,134 photos, 264 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 201,687 photos, 16,201 members
- California 239,714 photos, 7,152 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 665,758 photos, 15,346 members
- Black & white portraits 312,613 photos, 29,229 members
- The Bronx 12,629 photos, 726 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,513 photos, 1,954 members
- Portrait★Faces 77,000 photos, 44,430 members
- Artistic Photography 2,200,939 photos, 75,837 members
- Cinematic Moments. 482,256 photos, 19,179 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 84,510 photos, 6,072 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 976,801 photos, 49,043 members
- WOW! [Add only pictures commented with a "wow"] 167,050 photos, 15,048 members
- Utata 415,505 photos, 23,972 members
- Black History 5,843 photos, 769 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 272,521 photos, 16,141 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 624,959 photos, 47,859 members
- blackpeople 46,251 photos, 2,925 members
- B&W 3,454,427 photos, 169,980 members
- Black and White 5,737,956 photos, 279,075 members
- FlickrCentral 7,007,025 photos, 204,394 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 472,857 photos, 28,818 members
- All People 2,928,661 photos, 82,233 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,846,599 photos, 142,882 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
30th September, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
19th September, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
6th March, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
18th November, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
5th October, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
25th September, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
4th September, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
19th August, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
12th August, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
9th August, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
28th July, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken