Shavar Ross is best remembered as a child actor. He played "Dudley", Gary Coleman's best friend on the hit 1980's television show "Diff'rent Strokes". Shavar, now 39, has been an actor for well over 20 years and has starred in over 100 film and episodic television productions such as Magnum P. I., MacGyver, Friday the 13th: Part 5, Chicago Hope, Designing Women, The Bold and the Beautiful, What's Love Got To Do With It?, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, and many more.
Currently Shavar is establishing himself as an up and coming film director. "Soul to Take", Shavar's 26-minute short marked his directorial debut and the film recently received distribution through Russell Simmons' Simmons Lathan Media Group. "Lord Help Us", a romantic comedy starring American Idol's Nadia Turner and comedian Joe Clair marked his feature film directorial debut and the movie is currently in stores nationwide on DVD and on Amazon.com among many others.
"I have no one style so it's best you not put me in a 'box'. I photograph whatever I perceive as interesting or beautiful yet all things are beautiful because God created all. I try to create every photograph different from all the rest."
I started off with the Canon EOS Digital Rebel, went to the 30D and now I shoot with the Canon 50D.
18-55mm EFS Standard
ESF 28-135mm Canon IS
50mm f/1.8 II
70-300mm Canon EF Zoom Lens
Groups I founded on Flickr:
Just Let It Out
Note: I was out of the photography loop for about a year but now I'm excited to be back. I'm looking forward to adding more photos to my photostream. Let me know what you think.
Photos of Shavar Ross (1)
- Showcase L.A. 15,875 photos, 874 members
- Los Angeles 185,571 photos, 9,940 members
- Positive Images of Black Men 7,833 photos, 672 members
- canon photography 3,163,150 photos, 65,233 members
- The Los Angeles Group 77,399 photos, 2,994 members
- Cell Phone Photography 217,716 photos, 8,651 members
- Pasadena, California (Photos Around the Area of Pasadena) 12,736 photos, 811 members
- Strobist.com 582,792 photos, 116,209 members
- Smiles/Sorrisi/Sonrisas [48°Contest: Christmas smiles OPEN!] 124,779 photos, 20,122 members
- People Portraits 2,329,645 photos, 111,135 members
- One Of A Kind 625,471 photos, 20,319 members
- Wallpaper Exchange 11,487 photos, 961 members
- Red Space 13,060 photos, 1,722 members
- 200views20faves Portraits 1,982 photos, 419 members
- White and Black Photography 476,110 photos, 17,886 members
- The Cinematographer 76,413 photos, 4,943 members
- MacBook 3,947 photos, 1,326 members
- Mac Addicts 32,610 photos, 7,989 members
- Cult of Mac 26,797 photos, 5,438 members
- People in Black & White 461,594 photos, 25,910 members
- Just Let It Out 1,134 photos, 267 members
- Adobe PhotoShop Creations 197,589 photos, 16,038 members
- California 234,026 photos, 7,098 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 646,247 photos, 15,153 members
- Black & white portraits 308,031 photos, 28,827 members
- The Bronx 12,378 photos, 721 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,590 photos, 1,956 members
- Portrait★Faces 77,305 photos, 43,836 members
- Artistic Photography 2,063,534 photos, 72,273 members
- Cinematic Moments. 460,006 photos, 18,584 members
- *The Original* 200 Views 79,288 photos, 6,053 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 933,830 photos, 47,435 members
- WOW! [Add only pictures commented with a "wow"] 165,710 photos, 15,022 members
- Utata 410,191 photos, 23,341 members
- Black History 5,766 photos, 758 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 269,932 photos, 16,136 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 615,446 photos, 47,485 members
- blackpeople 45,870 photos, 2,896 members
- B&W 3,298,526 photos, 162,547 members
- Black and White 5,461,269 photos, 266,986 members
- FlickrCentral 6,685,146 photos, 197,047 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 466,015 photos, 28,127 members
- All People 2,845,571 photos, 80,326 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,704,202 photos, 136,550 members
Brown Betty says:
"Your photos are really good! Nice to see you on Flickr :-)"
30th September, 2008
"Shavar is not only a photographer, but an artist with an open mind willing to take artistic risks! He can make anyone or anything look like a Vincent van Gogh or a James Van Der Zee."
19th September, 2007
"Best Shavar Ever"
6th March, 2007
Capture Queen ™ says:
"HE is Such a great artist
his pictures are really amazing in my view..
I love his kids shot's Which are the best
I wish you a successful future Shavar =)
18th November, 2005
"His photos are FantasTiC
5th October, 2005
"Shavar's artwork always captivates me. He's a truly brilliant artist who captures an individual's character and personality in one single snap!
Apparently a beginner in black and white photography, but it doesn't seem like it! Seriously! Go ahead and check his work out! He's got an artistic eye ;)"
25th September, 2005
"Shavar's portraits are so rich & textured. He really makes the sunlight work magic."
4th September, 2005
Thzami Gamour Rinpoche says:
"We proudly announce that all your projects are protected by us with the allowance of HH the 14th. Dalai Lama. You can always count on the support of ours in a metaphysical, psyhical and physical way.
Welcome on the board...
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
Ohm Mani Pad Me Hum
1st. Kashgapa Thzami Gamour Rinpoche
17th. Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje"
19th August, 2005
"I think Shavar's photography dramatizes the American canvas, capturing diverse classes and races. His photos are respectful and intimate but still capture an unusual complexity. I think of the cardinal rule in creative writing, one which Shavar has, perhaps unbeknownst to him, accomplished in his photography: "Show, don't tell.""
12th August, 2005
"All Shavar pictures are full of an "New American Taste"... I can't describe this sensation with words but when I want to to travel to California without moving I go for Shavar (new & old) shots. Is amazing. He can reach peoples soul with his camera. I love it."
9th August, 2005
Love your interests and enjoy your pics!
28th July, 2005
- Shavar Ross.com
- May 2005
- South Bronx, New York
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken