I'm a photographer specialising in all kinds of images that cannot be taken with physical cameras.
How to contact me...
By email: sb.przd [at] gmail.com
A simple homepage: Seb Przd
About my work...
The first step is spherical panoramas, or as they are commonly known, Virtual Reality. Visit my equirectangular set, or view my last ten pictures in an interactive and immersive viewer (courtesy of fieldofview; needs Shockwave).
I also have a limited number of interactive panoramas in ViewAt.org (in Flash).
As the visual sphere cannot be projected onto a flat surface without being distorted or torn, I have devised several ways of showing these spherical panoramas on a flat screen. One of the most appealing ways is the stereographic projection, the most common presentation of which looks like a little planet.
The stereographic projection is just one example of conformal mappings, an infinite family of mathematically defined projections of the sphere to the plane that look good.
Conformal mappings can be put to other uses, namely the angle-preserving distortion of plane images:
About my copyrights
Some of my pictures have a Creative Commons License of No Commercial, Share-Alike and Attribution, while others are All rights reserved. This does not mean that I won't allow commercial use of my images, and it also does not mean that I would not allow you to use my work for something else. It is very simple: just ask!
I would appreciate as attribution either my Flickr name or my full name and a link to my flickr page (electronic media) while for paper versions my full name would be preferred.
I am not shy in giving information on how I do create my images. I don't give complete and detailed instructions, because I think that finding the solution is as much a part of creating the image as using the solution. So expect no pre-cooked, conformal-mappings-for-dummies from me, but plenty of links. I've tried to explain in my Set descriptions the basic information, please have a look there.
For example, how do I shoot my panoramic equirectangular images ?
Some other links:
Here are the pictures found to be most interesting
- Boing Boing 71,621 photos, 4,435 members
- Bretagne sans pareil 82,758 photos, 3,454 members
- Peirce Quincuncial 82 photos, 11 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 15,929 members
- 101 Cookbooks 585 photos, 633 members
- Statsr 22 photos, 177 members
- Ampersandland 925 photos, 387 members
- Labyrinth & Maze (Icarus, Daedalus, Minotaur, Theseus, Ariadne) 2,697 photos, 578 members
- Canadian Rockies 25,844 photos, 1,906 members
- Banff National Park 8,945 photos, 1,172 members
- Mandarin peelings 77 photos, 12 members
- Manfrotto Official 18,594 photos, 1,989 members
- Flickr API 816 photos, 11,896 members
- G'MIC 2,791 photos, 501 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 219,565 photos, 7,121 members
- National Parks of Canada 19,211 photos, 1,679 members
- Alberta 68,309 photos, 1,535 members
- Amazing Alberta 59,831 photos, 1,816 members
- Handheld Panoramas 7,309 photos, 405 members
- HDR Equirectangular 428 photos, 60 members
- Hugin Users Group 11,650 photos, 1,353 members
- Big Heads 40 photos, 29 members
- Sunflow 917 photos, 124 members
- Structure Synth 1,249 photos, 306 members
- Vedutismo 284 photos, 39 members
- Frankfurt Flickr Meet 6,153 photos, 348 members
- Nitens Flickr Gadgets 5 photos, 91 members
- Polyhedra 1,911 photos, 150 members
- Atlanta 41,845 photos, 3,564 members
- Stereophotography 44,682 photos, 2,323 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 24,325 photos, 959 members
- Anaglyph (Red-Cyan 3D Pictures) 62,074 photos, 3,393 members
- Parcs Naturels Régionaux (PNR) 2,120 photos, 106 members
- Arithmancy 2,639 photos, 205 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 449,684 photos, 23,927 members
- povray 983 photos, 93 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 984,511 photos, 71,641 members
- Macro Viewers 96,529 photos, 4,623 members
- Get Your Geek On! 15,801 photos, 999 members
- Math World 4,774 photos, 1,008 members
- Germany, Deutschland 204,170 photos, 3,965 members
- Deutschland in Bildern 175,917 photos, 6,414 members
- Hessen 28,595 photos, 847 members
- Extremely Large Panoramas 10,000x minimum 1,700 photos, 618 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 292,417 photos, 18,858 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 339,690 photos, 15,853 members
- Frankfurt Photos 36,936 photos, 2,291 members
- Foldables 595 photos, 66 members
- Stereographic Projections 9,090 photos, 1,137 members
- Paris 360° Panoramas 654 photos, 76 members
La Marquise says:
"We were very honored to present those amazing pictures at The Château de Maupas. Our friends and visitors just loved them: everyone left the galerie with a smile of surprise and a light of childhood in the eyes. Sebastien is such a wonderful person, as well as his lovely "models", and a great magician of pixels. We just cannot miss any of his creations anymore!
Keep your feet on your little planets but don't stop taking us to those new stars...Thanx!"
17th October, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Seb is a brilliant and creative photographer and artist. His skills go far beyond simply taking great photos and his creativity seems to have no limit. As the old proverb goes, Seb is one to "teach a man to fish". His instructional photo streams are educational and inspirational to many.
Thanks for all the great work and help Seb; keep it up!"
4th December, 2006
"Seb has that kind of photostream from which you do not want to miss any picture. It has been a constant source of inspiration for me, and with all the caption and comments attached to his pictures, it's also very educational.
The main two techniques I learned from his stream are the stereographic projection used in his little planets, and the droste effect. Do not miss these."
4th November, 2006
"Fun, original, wild, beautiful, creative, enlighting, and incredibly instructive: Seb has mastered so many techniques, photographic as well as post-processing ones that it is difficult to visit his photostream without running home to try to do the same (thanks for the many tutorials:p)... but most often (read always) with less Art. Great work!"
1st November, 2006
"I'm honoured to write the first testimonial for Seb Przd - on the occasion of his photostream's 30000 views.
It's definately one of the most inspirational photostreams (for me) on flickr.
Seb. is dedicated and enthusiastic about the photo's he takes and it really shows up in his photos."
31st October, 2006
- August 2004
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- The SeBlog