Artist. Photographer. Human being.
My username is more about how I see the world rather then how I see myself. My blog is called Sad and Beautiful World, which comes from a quote out of the Jim Jarmusch movie "Down by Law."
Be respectful and nice to me, and I'll be respectful and nice to you. :)
BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
- :: Dekadent ART :: 51 photos, 10 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 20,108 photos, 3,635 members
- The Siblinghood of the Travelling Wookie Hood 3 photos, 38 members
- *Whispering Soul* 10,158 photos, 1,008 members
- Flickr CPR 6,243 photos, 572 members
- 365 Days 1,025,271 photos, 21,544 members
- 366 in 2012 (Not your Average 365 Group) 23,600 photos, 288 members
- The Fucking Awesomefest!!! 4,223 photos, 127 members
- NPR Picture Show 128,735 photos, 5,866 members
- TOTALLY EXPOSED: Solo Exhibition by Sarah R. Bloom 73 photos, 14 members
- Candid & Street Photography 877,292 photos, 23,746 members
- Picture_Philly 1,487 photos, 64 members
- Female Self-Portrait Artists' Support Group (FSPASG) 4,420 photos, 281 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 246 photos, 58 members
- FSPASG ADMINS 0 photos, 30 members
- I Shoot Film 2,121,204 photos, 85,681 members
- eastern state penitentiary 7,787 photos, 702 members
- EXPOSURE.Detroit 40,999 photos, 2,226 members
- Detroit, I Love You 4,525 photos, 182 members
- Mirrors and Reflections 734 photos, 88 members
- harvey könig 141 photos, 26 members
- To Write Love On Her Arms 1,266 photos, 780 members
- Polaroid Film 17,414 photos, 934 members
- Shhh. 434 photos, 58 members
- Canon Rebel T1i 88,843 photos, 2,922 members
- Utata 408,996 photos, 23,239 members
- bear mountain bridge 230 photos, 37 members
- I ♥ Holga 12,609 photos, 509 members
- Medium Format (film only) 672,359 photos, 26,242 members
- Holga 250,001 photos, 19,390 members
- Holgagraphy 162,014 photos, 15,666 members
- Toy Cameras 296,604 photos, 22,315 members
- Don't forget to take the lens cap off - A group for Holga users 72,220 photos, 4,359 members
- Kingston's Abandoned Trains 181 photos, 33 members
- Chicago... 126,383 photos, 8,219 members
- Polaroid Land Camera 42,684 photos, 4,813 members
- Polaroid 271,797 photos, 25,195 members
- Philadelphia Urban Explorers 6,981 photos, 424 members
- beautiful decay. 247,945 photos, 9,597 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 208,540 photos, 8,965 members
- let them read Cake 45 photos, 64 members
- Pennhurst 475 photos, 50 members
- She Spoke Softly 2,617 photos, 207 members
- Book 2: FSPASG 1 photo, 13 members
- In Her Own Image...fspasg book 2 125 photos, 72 members
- Commingling 62 photos, 34 members
- Words on Skin 3,514 photos, 2,295 members
- Modern Portraits (and Self-Portraits) 28,249 photos, 2,072 members
- TtVeeptych 2,565 photos, 231 members
- Coney Island 27,636 photos, 2,202 members
"Sarah's photography, and especially her self portraits are stunning and evocative. She really pushes the boundaries with her abandoned series, and she's only getting more amazing."
17th October, 2011
Shadows And Rust says:
"I don't say this about too many things but I will say it here. I am a fan. Sarah's work is not only beautifully executed, but it is original.
I always look forward to her next shot."
24th November, 2010
"I would argue with you about your flickr screen name. With you, it's ALL beautiful..."
4th November, 2010
Charlie O'Hay says:
"Sarah is a waterfall in the desert."
12th April, 2010
cory mcburnett says:
"i'd like to thank sarah for poping my testimonial cherry..
and ganging up with julie to pick at me.. :P lol
but seriously...it's great to see someone who's not afraid to just shoot.. and find beauty in everything she sees.... her images are quite very inspirational..."
19th February, 2010
"What a joy to be able to view something someone makes that shakes the parts of myself that I fear are growing hard and unreachable as life takes it's toll from day to day. What a privelege and an honor.
I am a proud and arrogant fellow sometimes... and this woman humbles me.
These images have brought me to tears (both joy and sadness) and at other times given me the strength to go forward. They have punched me in the gut. And then some of them have softened the harder edges of myself.
YOU GO Sarah..."
22nd November, 2009
"sarah has been a huge inspiration to me for pretty much forever in terms of flickr life. first, i admired her work from a distance. the meaning and thought put into each image astounded me. then, i met her and was fortunate enough to stay w/ her and see how she "works"....amazing. she's carefree and just brilliant. sarah continues to inspire me in ways she has no idea. her gentle but powerful images, her strong sense of her self and just her overall attitude are all things i admire. i hope and dream that someday sarah can come to detroit and shoot her remarkable sp's in our decaying beautiful buildings. i'm pretty sure it will happen. thank you sarah, for just being you."
26th September, 2009
The Flooz says:
"Sarah, where would flickr be without her? Up a creek srsly. I am beside myself that I am lucky enough to call her friend. This woman has more kindness, love and talent in her naked little pinky then most of us could ever hope for ourselves. Meeting her was a great big ole perk for signing up to this site. She is woman, hear her roar!"
30th July, 2009
Gamma Infinity says:
"Sarah? For me she'll always be The Goddess Of Flickr. She's why I did 365. She's why I did Class With Dave. Early on I was struck by the purity and honesty of her work, and it's only gotten better since. Her best stuff not only pushes all the right technical buttons, but it gets right out there and says, "This is who I am, this is what I am, this is what femininity is, now f--in deal with it."
Besides, she's fun. Meet her in person if you can. You'll love her."
1st September, 2009
Bas Bleu says:
"Sarah is one of the most inspiring and talented women I know. And I am so proud to call her a friend."
6th August, 2008
~tricky business~ says:
"Sarah? She's one cool chica. Her photos are so much fun and she's just brimming with great ideas! She's one tough girl, and an amazing friend to have. Her work inspires me to no end, and her smile is contagious. Count yourself lucky to see this girl's work- I certainly do!"
2nd May, 2008
"I've been a fan of Sarah's great work after discovering her photos many months ago. I've watched her continue to grow as an artist and person over the time I've known her. Her self-portraits are always daring, unique, and beautiful. She continues to push the envelope with her creativity and her ideas on a daily basis. I'm also a big fan of her TTV photographs which showcase her unique vision of the world around her. She truly is an inspiration to me and I wish her continued success with all her endeavors!"
30th March, 2008
"Sarah's photography has always challenged me to see what she sees, and even more to see how she sees. Perhaps most important, where most of us take pictures of people and things, Sarah takes pictures of ideas and feelings. She creates images that are haunting, compelling, sometimes desperately tragic and occasionally hilarious, but never forgettable."
12th October, 2007
"The first time I met Sarah in real life, she took all of her clothes.
Oh. You want more info?
I love this woman. LOVE. L.O.V.E. I have had the opportunity to see her grow as a photographer and had the pleasure of spending time with her in New York and Philadelphia. She is a beautiful person inside and out. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. And a woman that uses Dylan as inspiration for many of her photos is aces in my book.
Did I mention the first time I met her, she took off all of her clothes? I did? Oh. Just thought it was worth mentioning again :D"
25th August, 2007
Corey James (Derp) says:
"An incredibly real and true to life photostream. Mixed with artistic vision, it's a pleasure to watch your life through your lens."
3rd July, 2007
Lucky in Love says:
"Sarah is a force to be reckoned with, so watch out for her. She brings the power of emotion and introspection to a new level, but her art remains accessible. Sarah is a true beauty and true talent, yet there's no arrogance to her work. Her photos are stunning and original, and she keeps getting better every single day."
10th June, 2007
teenage jesus says:
"with her selfportraits Sarah explores, experiments, entertains...
we call that "art""
21st March, 2007
Marcela P. says:
"Sarah is more than just a photographer or model; she’s a natural artist and an extraordinary human being.
You inspire me, sweetie. I'm glad I met you! :*"
20th March, 2007
"Sarah calls me an artist.
Someday, I'll find a way to get back at her for that.
But I want to tell you that when I first started pissing around on Flickr, I was really clueless.
Until I stumbled onto her site.
Here's what I learned from her.
Forget about being pretty for pretty's sake.
Yeah, she puts her sad and beautiful self on the line.
Again and again.
Draw a line in the sand and she'll kick it into oblivion. And you don't even notice that something's changed.
She drops hints about her past. Which sounds fucked. But she's here today. And the sadness, the pain, the hopelessness of yesterday somehow now is a ray of brightness that proves the future can always be better.
Sarah, sad, beautiful, talented, generous, triumpant. I'm glad she lives on the other side of the Commonwealth we call home. I don't think I could stay away from this woman."
10th March, 2007
"I've told Sarah this several times, and now I'm telling the world. One of the greatest things about the 365 Days project is getting a chance to see people grow as photographers from day to day and shot to shot. No one has grown as much as Sarah. Both as photographer and as (her own) model, she's gone from timid and limited to one of my favorite photographers in all of flickr. She grows by leaps and bounds with every single shot, and now its hard to find one that isn't excellent. On top of that, she's gained a certain confidence that comes across in her photos and hopefully in her life as well. I look forward to seeing her photos each and every day."
8th February, 2007
"Sarah's flair for the 365 group has made it the group to watch. Her ability to bare herself, I mean bare her spirit, has given us all insight into her world. Her photographic ability is quite impressive and her imagination unbounded. Sarah photo stream is often one the first stops when I sign in to Flickr"
21st December, 2006
"Sarah's hauntingly beautiful self-portraits inspired me to join the 365 Group. Her images are rich and full of personality. She has a great eye for lighting and composition that often gives her pictures a magical quality..."
6th December, 2006
Joseph Abken says:
"(Sarah) is a gift to the flickr world. She inspires, evokes, moves and touches me daily with her creativity and expression. I feel so fortunate to have her in my virtual life. Keep clicking (Sarah)."
13th November, 2006
Mild Seven Lights says:
"Sarah's photography is beautiful
no doubt about it
it draws your attention
makes you filled with emotion
and inspires you to do work
on being amazing
no matter who you are.
she loves to comment
and makes you feel
proud of your work
it makes me happy
to go to flickr and
find her next installment
of 365 days"
12th October, 2006
- Sarah R. Bloom
- October 2005
- Near Philadelphia, Pa., USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Sarah R. Bloom Photography Portfolio