My flickr addiction began on August 9, 2004.
I am an artist, designer, and photographer living, working, and playing in Silicon Valley.
Russ Morris • Vivid Observation
current photoblog | second photblog | first photoblog
Rustman. Play. Play. Play.
Flickr blog mentions
- December 4, 2008 - Blurfection
- December 27, 2007 - Your Best Shot 2007 Samplr II
- September 11, 2007 - Russ Morris on KQED’s QUEST, tonight!
- September 11, 2006 - TTV & Contraptions
Lensbabies - flickr group
Blurfection - flickr group
Through the Viewfinder - flickr group
Kevin Meredith's Photo Op
Pixels at an Exhibition
Lensbabies on FILE
Filmwasters collaborations Vacant | Sound | Color
Utata.org - On The Front Page | 2008.03.20 | 2010.03.02
JPG Magazine Issue 6 - Ooops | Issue 8 - Embrace the Blur
Photojojo - Resurrect Your Vintage Camera, Digital Style
JPGMag TtV Challenge on FILE
Calumet 7100 tripod w/three-way quick release head
Canon Canonet QL17 GIII
Canon EOS Rebel T2
- Canon EF 50mm ƒ1.8
Canon PowerShot G11
Canon PowerShot S3IS
Kodak Brownie Starflex
Kodak Duaflex II
Leica D-Lux 4
Manfrotto 785B tripod
Minolta Auto Meter IVF
Minolta XG 1 Silver Body
Minolta XG 7 Silver Body
Minolta XG 7 Black Body
Minolta X-570 Black Body
- Minolta 24mm ƒ2.8
- Minolta 35-70mm ƒ3.5
- Minolta 35-70mm (Macro) ƒ3.5
- Minolta 50mm ƒ1.4
- Minolta 50mm ƒ1.7
- Minolta 75-200mm ƒ4.5
- Tokina 28-105mm (Macro) ƒ3.5
- Vivitar 28mm ƒ2.8
Olympus 35 RC
Olympus Stylus Epic
Panasonic Lumix GF1
- 7-14mm ƒ4
- 20mm ƒ1.7
- 14-45mm ƒ3.5-5.6
Pentax *ist D
- Sigma 18-50mm ƒ3.5
- Sigma 24-70 ƒ2.8
- Sigma 28mm (Macro) ƒ1.8
- Pentax 50mm ƒ1.4
- Sigma 28-135mm (Macro) ƒ3.5
- Finney Pinhole Body Cap
- Lensbaby Original
- Lensbaby 2
- Lensbaby 3G
- Lensbaby Composer
- Tokina .45X Conversion Lens
- Raynox .65X Conversion Lens
- Raynox 1.5X Conversion Lens
Pentax Optio 330GS
Polaroid Automatic 335 Land Camera
Polaroid Colorpack II
Polaroid Spectra AF
Polaroid SX-70 Model 2
Polaroid SX-70 SE Sonar OneStep
Ricoh GR Digital II
Sekonic Flashmate L-308s
Sekonic Twinmate L-208
- Rodenstock Geronar 1:6.3 150mm, Copal 0
Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim
Voigtlander Bessa I
- Santa Clara University 80 photos, 30 members
- Worldwide Pinhole Day 2,118 photos, 550 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 181,403 photos, 4,800 members
- OLYMPUS PEN E-PL3 4,304 photos, 301 members
- Digital Pinhole Photography 6,321 photos, 1,650 members
- Pinwide 2,066 photos, 345 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 24,479 photos, 2,123 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 81,955 photos, 5,387 members
- TTV Flowers 510 photos, 64 members
- Ricoh GR Digital 141,758 photos, 6,705 members
- Utata 399,449 photos, 21,809 members
- World TtV Daze 2011-2012 2,606 photos, 236 members
- Through the Viewfinder 59,673 photos, 7,100 members
- Lensbabies 41,092 photos, 5,272 members
- Hasselblad 215,010 photos, 11,048 members
- blurfection 34,965 photos, 1,876 members
- Toy Cameras 293,783 photos, 20,611 members
- squareFormat 806,441 photos, 29,380 members
- Botanicals 17,936 photos, 642 members
"Consistently awesome. One of the most prolific photographers on all of Flickr!"
1st April, 2011
plastic nico says:
"probably the best ttv sets on flickr. pure eye candy."
6th July, 2009
"The best collection of hot rods on film!
Love his photostream"
24th September, 2008
Marilyn P Sushi says:
"Your work continues to be very inspiring, thank you!"
12th December, 2008
Harold Davis says:
"I appreciate Russ's photos, design sensibility, and his delectable sense of fine photography other than f/64--meaning blurs, bokeh, Lensbabies, toy cameras, experimentation, and so on. Way to go, Russ!"
13th May, 2006
"not only can rustdood wield a camera like a stately gent, snapping well framed comps every time, but he has the manners and charm to boot.
friendliest looking icon on flickr.
AND HE'S EVERYWHERE!!!"
12th April, 2006
Bill Walker says:
"What first drew me to Russ's work was his eye for color and composition in macro shots and urban landscapes. He has a real gift for finding surprise and beauty in the familiar and ordinary. I also admire his portraits, beautiful, natural and understated. I'm sure seeing his work on flickr inspires a lot of us to get back out there behind the lens."
11th April, 2006
"In his own words, Russ Morris is an artist first and a photographer second. But the viewer will find the two blended beyond distinction in his photo work. Russ brings some incomprehensible magic to his pictures. Flat images become tangible. Colors become edible light.
The images Russ captures compel us to imagine him wandering through gardens and crowds. His gaze fixed through his camera, he consumes hue and texture until something special begs to be captured. Flowers that could be sorbet. Faces that are almost too intimate.
Through his eyes, focus is not a state. It is a rich continuum. Russ harnesses the full range from sharper to softer imagery throughout his work. The results are sublime. It’s as if he has revealed a hidden visual texture in each fleeting moment. We want to savour every one."
1st January, 2006
"Russ sees the world differently from you and me. That's why his pictures are so good. He is a one-man lensbaby selling-machine.
I got a lensbaby, but my photos don't look nearly as good. That's okay, I'll just favorite all of Russ's. :-)"
4th November, 2005
Sad Puppy says:
"Russ is an amazing artist with a pure heart. His photos and creative talent are inspiring to no end. But what is truly remarkable about him is his passion for life, love, friendship and music. He's the genuine article, folks! And a true friend."
30th December, 2004
- Russ Morris
- August 2004
- Fremont, CA
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Web Marketing Manager @ scu.edu