I am Brian, i now live in Carlisle, but i am originally from Dumfries in the south west of Scotland. Living in Carlisle, but still working in Dumfries allows me to photograph the beautiful landscapes and places of Cumbria & Galloway. Although i love to photograph landscapes, my main passion is Prehistoric Rock Art, carvings made by man between 3-5000 years ago. The carvings are found mainly in the north of England and Scotland, which again being located in Carlisle, allows to me visit most of the main carving areas.
Although i have no formal training in photography, i feel that as i go on over the years, being self taught, my images are getting better, hopefully you will agree and enjoy my photographs.
Canon EOS 6D
Carl Zeiss T* Distagon ZE 21mm F/2.8
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM
Canon 50mm f1.8 L
Giotto's MTL 8361B Carbon Fibre Tripod
MH1302-652 Ball Head
Manfrotto 322RC2 Head
Manfrotto MP3-D02 Support
Heliopan Circular Polariser
Lee ND 0.9 Pro Glass
Lee ND 0.9 Resin
Lee Big Stopper
Hitech Reverse Grad 0.9
Lee Soft Grad 0.3, 0.6, 0.75, 0.9
Lee Hard Grad 0.3, 0.6, 0.9
Hitech Soft & Hard Grad Sets as backup.
All my equipment is carried around with the help of my Lowepro Primus AW backpack
Again thanks for looking, and i hope you enjoy my photographs, please feel free to add me as a contact, its always good to see other peoples work, we can all learn from others.
My Published Work.
This image below of Ketley Crag rock shelter with carvings was used for the English Heritage brochure for the website launch of the the rock art project, an online collection of rock art carvings in Northumberland and Durham.
The Image was also used by my friend and author Stan Beckensall for the front cover of his book Northumberland's Hidden History which can be bought via Amazon.
The image below of the Hanging Stones rock carvings on Ilkley Moor was used by my friend and author Stan Beckensall for the front cover for his newest book, the Prehistoric Rock Art of Britain, the book can be bought via Amazon.
I also have my own website, please visit my site.
Brian Kerr Photography
Now for the legal stuff.
© 2010 Brian Kerr Photography - All rights reserved.
All images are subject to UK Copyright Laws and remain the property of Brian Kerr Photography at all times.
No images may be downloaded or used without express permission from Brian Kerr Photography for any purpose whatsoever
- H2O wonders - Invited photos only 5,454 photos, 324 members
- PhotoPlus Magazine 80,186 photos, 3,540 members
- On Landscape 3,384 photos, 395 members
- Scotland Outdoors Magazine 998 photos, 84 members
- Cafe Elite 67,879 photos, 3,805 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 38,388 photos, 2,724 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 13,726 photos, 10,901 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 56,626 photos, 4,891 members
- Canon DSLR users UK 82,809 photos, 1,012 members
- Landscapes with Atmosphere 30,883 photos, 2,139 members
- Photographic Guide To Scotland - GeoTagging Scotland 12,727 photos, 365 members
- Scotland in Picture 164,192 photos, 4,040 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 92,432 photos, 5,308 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 304,275 photos, 24,376 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,694,271 photos, 136,196 members
- Long Exposure Junkies 4,207 photos, 1,145 members
- Best of the Best Landscapes Post 1 - Award 2 (Admin Invite Only) 2,687 photos, 718 members
- Landscape Masterclass 1,668 photos, 440 members
- A Landscape Photographers Art 1,184 photos, 251 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 27,577 photos, 3,196 members
- Trees in Mist 26,700 photos, 5,713 members
- Landscape 814,420 photos, 74,445 members
- Scotland in the Gloaming 13,607 photos, 1,359 members
- Rocks, Rocks, Rocks 4,479 photos, 310 members
- North East of England 84,534 photos, 1,832 members
- Northumberland 17,731 photos, 1,223 members
- Long Exposure 547,645 photos, 51,976 members
- Lake District Now 21,810 photos, 1,304 members
- Landscape photography 568,046 photos, 27,667 members
- Isle of Skye 14,932 photos, 1,760 members
- Lonely Tree 40,883 photos, 9,220 members
- Trees 271,676 photos, 19,243 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,921 photos, 100,336 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,631 photos, 2,092 members
- Stepping Above the Rest 3,869 photos, 78 members
- Great Scottish photography. 19,807 photos, 793 members
- Scottish Lochs 10,346 photos, 888 members
- Sand/Sea/Sky/Sun : The Four Fantastic ( Invitation ) 9,426 photos, 981 members
- Scottish Landscapes 53,116 photos, 3,029 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 5,320 photos, 702 members
- British Rock Art Collection 186 photos, 63 members
- The Solway Firth 2,342 photos, 134 members
- Scotland's castles 17,527 photos, 2,629 members
- The Lake District UK 65,034 photos, 5,909 members
- Cumbria, England 53,921 photos, 1,655 members
- Dumfries and Galloway 15,434 photos, 572 members
- Scotland 387,382 photos, 14,697 members
One of the best landscape photographer I've ever seen..
Thanks for sharing these beautiful shots with us :)"
24th September, 2010
Simon Đỗ says:
You have a excellent excellent photo stream, really like your photo!!!"
31st August, 2010
- Hob - says:
"I've watched this fella's photography evolve over the last few years, (even from before he discovered Flickr!) and has seen the effect his enthusiasm and dedication has had on his ability to create incredibly striking images. He's always had an eye for the light, and his use of HDR techniques engenders serious admiration.
Bu above all, he knows how to make an arresting image from that trickiest of subjects, Prehistoric Rock Art. He's helped raise the profile of these obscure, enigmatic and deeply important relics by applying his enthusiasm for digital photography, and for that alone he deserves a big packet of nice biscuits 8-)"
24th June, 2009
- February 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken