WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY FOOD PHOTOS?
I write a food blog and I work at Serious Eats. Yeup.
If it helps to whittle down the photos, I tag my favorite ones as...favorite. It cuts down on the food photos. I like taking photos of things that don't move.
PHOTO USE POLICY
You can use my photos (unaltered except for resizing, 500 px or smaller) in your blog as long as you link back to my flickr page, specifically the individual pages for the photos you're using, and the link must appear on the main page of the site (not below a jump). It doesn't matter if you're running a personal blog or commercial blog. You don't have to ask me first. This only applies to blogs, not websites that aren't blogs.
However, I'll ban you from using my photos if you're using too many of them (for example, 10 in one week = NO), not attributing them correctly, or altering them.
If you're a blogger and want to use my photos in any other way, just contact me and ask!
You cannot use my photo in a print publication (or any non-blog media, including websites that aren't blogs) or video/TV show without asking me first. If your publication is non-profit you can probably use my photos for free. If your publication isn't non profit, you better be willing to offer something, mostly money, money, or money. It's unlikely that I will let you use my photos if you don't give me a copy of whatever you're printing, so if you're not willing to offer that much, don't even ask me.
Just because I'm not a professional doesn't mean these photos don't take considerable time, effort and money to shoot/edit. I'm just putting this out there since I've gotten some strange requests in the past. Seriously, you can't give me a copy of what you're printing?
OKAY THAT'S IT, I THINK.
I don't take good photos; I just take a hell of a lot of them. Quantity versus quality, yesm? I don't aspire to be a professional photographer. You probably need more brain cells than I have to do that.
I'm on Facebook so if you're into that...HOORAY. Maybe.
www.last.fm/user/roboppy/, I've got that too.
Here is my list of (too many) blogs:
the girl who ate everything - food blog updated with photos, links, or food-induced woes
the oh so quiet show - music blog with concert reviews and mp3s every so often (or not very much) and gushing about whatever music I happen to like at the moment
livejournal - oh god, it's livejournal. Take a look into the heart of my madness!
www.roboppy.net - it's pretty much dead now but there's some random old crap you might find interesting.
As you can see, I have a gazillion photos...way too many. If you're looking for something in particular (a restaurant, type of food), you're best off searching through my tags. Otherwise, browse through the calendar and you'll find...FOOD. YES.
- Polly Pocket 574 photos, 126 members
- A Hamburger Today 1,036 photos, 178 members
- Make Something Cool Every Day 47,860 photos, 3,313 members
- Loreley NYC 104 photos, 10 members
- openhousenewyork 2,761 photos, 267 members
- Just one more quarter, pleeeeeze ! 2,059 photos, 119 members
- Dumplings 656 photos, 78 members
- The Crafted Cloud 293 photos, 493 members
- Steve's AUTHENTIC Key Lime Pie 150 photos, 36 members
- The Candy Corner 3,754 photos, 1,097 members
- MarketWatch 666 photos, 77 members
- SOLO GRAFFITI DI BOLOGNA 1,615 photos, 336 members
- squared circle 130,681 photos, 8,266 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 221,047 photos, 18,995 members
- Restaurants / 餐廳 3,475 photos, 458 members
- Serious Sandwiches 1,454 photos, 194 members
- Unnecessary Consumer Products and Questionable Foodstuffs 1,078 photos, 303 members
- Hacer Conejito - Bunny Ears - Make Rabbit Ears 161 photos, 149 members
- Giolitti 96 photos, 20 members
- Jumping Project 47,861 photos, 24,325 members
- Pizza Party 1,448 photos, 273 members
- Food & Art 12,899 photos, 1,680 members
- Word of Mouth 9,553 photos, 598 members
- Beauty's Kitchen ✿ 美女廚房 20,958 photos, 1,388 members
- A Food Photography Experience! 368,709 photos, 19,416 members
- i love food group 389,287 photos, 24,932 members
- YummY YummY 141,547 photos, 5,855 members
- Fabrico Próprio 149 photos, 123 members
- Salad bar 3,765 photos, 669 members
- trifle 72 photos, 43 members
- Curry Rice 741 photos, 190 members
- maoz vegetarian food cool pics 569 photos, 114 members
- Too Pretty To Eat 23,088 photos, 1,399 members
- Sampuru 646 photos, 115 members
- Your books 74,984 photos, 14,096 members
- McDonald's Storefronts 12,372 photos, 1,129 members
- Animal-Shaped Food 2,009 photos, 515 members
- Tour del Gelato 156 photos, 76 members
- Fish (or anything) 'n' Chips From Around the world. 1,357 photos, 353 members
- CocoRosie 403 photos, 152 members
- Purim 926 photos, 145 members
- I Love Dim Sum 4,324 photos, 451 members
- Lamb, the better red meat. 968 photos, 124 members
- I Am Kloot 306 photos, 64 members
- Midtown Lunch 3,404 photos, 304 members
- Serious Eats 69,682 photos, 1,400 members
- First-Name Basis Signage Project 14,582 photos, 1,410 members
- Panera Bread 170 photos, 80 members
- **Food of New Jersey** 3,210 photos, 126 members
- Bad menus 737 photos, 309 members
turns into a photo.
that is this flickr
28th September, 2008
"having recently made the switch to dslr i realize fully how excellent a photographer robyn is. mad props to the girl who eats everything!"
7th February, 2008
Plaid Ninja says:
"Over the last year or so I've been really busy, and I've had to take extended breaks from Flickr. When I come back and take a look at Robin's photostream I immediately get this Pavlovian salivation going. Doesn't matter if I've just had some giant meal - instantly starving and wishing I had 3 stomachs!"
4th January, 2008
10 Corso Como says:
"by far my favoritest flicker EVERRRRR!!"
5th October, 2006
"roboppy's photos are some of the funnest ones to watch on flickr. it's a fun, but also admirable gallery- so i end up flickr-ing through it often. but what i like most is that the photos, along with their descriptions and titles, indicate what roboppy's personality must be like. undeniably a gallery with its own special character!"
10th September, 2006
"She can do something expertly with her photos and captions: Making you want to eat immediately."
20th December, 2005
"where does she get the energy? how does she eat so much delicious food and not explode [yet]? where does she find the time to do things and write about them?
is she some sort of superhuman created to make the rest of us feel lazy?
27th September, 2005
"Robyn's photos are some of my flickr favorites! I'm amazed at how she chronicles just about everything she (and her companions) eat. She's got a way with the camera that keeps me coming back for more."
12th August, 2005
"Just the right amount of crazy."
12th May, 2005
"Her photos of food make me want to lick my computer monitor! Oh, and she's a cool person too :-)"
9th April, 2005
"Robyn is the kind of person where, just when you think you've hit the ceiling for how awesome she can be, you realize that you're just getting started and your puny human brain is simply unable to comprehend the depth and breadth of the coolness that is Roboppy."
26th February, 2005
- Robyn Lee
- August 2004
- Ramsey, NJ
- NYC, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- blogger, photographer, sleepyhead, glutton, editorial assistant, human trash compactor, unlovable lump of a human, webmaster, reliable source of amusement