Birder/naturalist living part of the year at Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada.
Across the road is a northern decidous forest, the cottage is in a pine/oak savanah and then dune habitat to the lake shore about 300 ft away.
Great mix of forest birds, edge species, gulls and waterfowl.
I am basically a point and shoot type. Sometimes I use a basic photo program to crop a picture and perhaps adjust brightness. Other than that, what you see is what you get.
All we have available for internet is a no-speed dial up, so I look but don't always have the patience to comment, but I do look.
My archived photos in widescreen www.flickr.com/photos/ricmcarthur/archives/date
Photos of ricmcarthur (1)
- ~ Wonderful World of Wildlife ~ 11,279 photos, 1,563 members
- From the Airplane Window 18,170 photos, 3,171 members
- Aeroplane: In Flight 26,917 photos, 3,288 members
- Burdr 69,155 photos, 901 members
- Photographing Birds 54,049 photos, 1,180 members
- Audubon magazine 37,620 photos, 727 members
- THE WORLD OF BIRDS 20,876 photos, 523 members
- Wild Birds of North America 8,809 photos, 282 members
- Birding In The Wild 230,137 photos, 9,255 members
- Bird Watchers 79,130 photos, 1,440 members
- Nature and Wildlife! 3,762 photos, 87 members
- Birdshare 175,392 photos, 4,116 members
- The X Project (for the quirky, the unusual and the plain weird) 282 photos, 47 members
- Henry's Photo Club 45,800 photos, 2,236 members
- The Nature Conservancy 580,657 photos, 34,588 members
- Funny signs 13,033 photos, 2,026 members
- 1 ONLY ONE PHOTO - SOLO UNA FOTO 2,252 photos, 1,435 members
- Earth - Home 51,195 photos, 2,436 members
- Birds Photos 1,239,389 photos, 51,000 members
- LOL CATS -INVITED PHOTOS ONLY! 19,762 photos, 7,866 members
- QEMD "Finch" 73,210 photos, 2,040 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,153 photos, 1,815 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,834 photos, 39,378 members
- Fantastic Bird shots 5,497 photos, 473 members
- Signs of theTimes ©®™ (Sign Pictures) 60,362 photos, 5,881 members
- Quirky Stuff ! 37,550 photos, 1,689 members
- Off With His Head 170 photos, 142 members
- a monarch for mon@rch!! 2,466 photos, 432 members
- Raccoons Skunks & Squirrels 3,398 photos, 437 members
- Flickr's Cats 42,451 photos, 2,119 members
- Birdhouses and Birdfeeders 6,162 photos, 1,153 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 114,322 photos, 8,498 members
- "Bird Brained" 160,096 photos, 4,103 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Textured Tuesdays **OPEN** 3,291,129 photos, 94,785 members
- Dog Expressions 287,396 photos, 28,284 members
- Wild Herps 17,780 photos, 571 members
- 'It's multi-colored!!!' 229,875 photos, 9,008 members
- Your "Postcard" Shot 406,323 photos, 13,442 members
- Wildlife Photography 443,151 photos, 13,781 members
- Ontario Wildlife 15,625 photos, 412 members
- !Drive By Shooting 56,687 photos, 3,293 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 582,011 photos, 16,450 members
- Feathery Friday! ***Contests Suspended*** 35,899 photos, 2,032 members
- Mel Fan Club 1,914 photos, 102 members
- Animal Planet 670,405 photos, 56,655 members
- Full of colors 165,499 photos, 5,785 members
- Best Viewed Large 122,587 photos, 3,722 members
- BIRDPIX (3/day) 64,185 photos, 860 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 155,489 photos, 17,984 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 295,075 photos, 10,506 members
mr moor says:
"Ric is one of my all time favorites here in Flickrland. I can't remember how and when we bumped into eachother but I am glad that we did because from that moment on my days begin with a smile and sometimes I'm rolling on the floor from laughter. Ric has a great sense of humor and knows how to keep his audience amused with his unique finds and keeps us sharp by the way he looks at the world around him. He is a master in finding the seemingly harmless errors in our dayly life.
His pictures of wild life on Rondeau are simply beautiful, I always enjoy Ric's reports of his boating trips with his wife Anne.
Besides a good photographer Ric is a very loyal friend to his contacts, he is always interested in his fellow flickrians work and his comments are to the point and whitty.
Ric is one of those people that makes spending time on flickr a wonderful experience:-)"
25th February, 2007
"Met Ric McArthur, by a long, devious, internet, route and loved his quirky sense of humour. Finally met him and his wife, Anne, this year (2006) at Rondeau Provincial Park, where they are both active members of ' Friends of Rondeau'. Ric's eye for a title for his pictures, constantly surprises (and amuses) me and I dearly wish I could think of appropriate and humourous titles (and replies) the way he does.
They live very close to the wildlife of the park and Ric always seems to manage that great shot, which others pass by. Despite his obvious ability he is not a pain and is actually a quiet guy who just loves wildlife and recording it in his own way. If you see a really big guy, with a camera, in Rondeau PP and he's not drawing attention to himself - you've found Ric!"
24th October, 2006
- Ric McArthur
- September 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Blog