I am originally from Long Island, NY. My husband Fred & I own Zion Cycles, a bicycle shop, located just outside Zion National Park, in Springdale, Utah.
I considered myself primarily a landscape photographer until I was introduced to studio lighting and portraiture at Photoshop World 2010. Westcott had a ‘Shoot Out’ booth on the Expo floor with professional lighting, sets and models. I was instantly hooked and spent hours at the booth taking hundreds of photographs. Upon returning home, I entered Westcott’s Flickr Photoshop World 'Shoot Out' contest and amazingly, won first place. Shortly after, a truck pulled up to my front door and delivered a bunch of lighting equipment. Luckily, my husband and I had the space and we set up a small 400 sq. ft. studio. I can’t imagine ever going back to landscapes!
Photography and retouching are just a hobby. I made a promise to myself not to turn my passion into a career and I am proud to consider myself an amateur. It is liberating to pursue something just for the sheer love of it. It amazes me how many people that I come across who feel that if a person doesn’t charge money, then their work or art has no value. I've ruined many hobbies in the past, turning them into jobs. It may sound extreme, but it's my opinion that once a person hands you money, they own your creative vision. I am perfectly fine with no deadlines, no do-overs, no unsatisfied clients and no stress!
Here are some links to my favorites in the field of retouching and photography. I hope you find the information as useful as I have!
Calvin Hollywood - German digital artist and photographer.
I first discovered Calvin when he appeared a a guest poster on Scott Kelby's Blog.
His English DVD training 'Calvinize' is amazing and I credit a lot of my techniques to him. He includes the skin retouching technique learned from Natalia Taffarel in this ‘Calvinize’ training. You can also find his classes offered on Kelby Training as well as his YouTube Channel. Most of his videos on YouTube are in German, but there are some in English as well, and they are worth seeking out!
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 1 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 2 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 3 (YouTube)
Calvin Hollywood Photoshop Tutorial Part 4 (YouTube)
Joel Grimes - I love Joel Grimes. I devour every word that comes from his mouth. He is such an inspiration and is so generous with his knowledge. [Framed] Network teamed up with Joel and aired weekly videos on the lighting set ups Joel uses to attain his images. There is so much information packed into those 20 minute videos. Joel also has classes offered on Kelby Training and amazing videos on YouTube.
‘Lit Up’ on the [Framed Network]
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Dorion
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Hope Solo
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Lauren
Joel Grimes - BEHIND THE SCENES - Aimee
Peter Hurley - You have to experience Peter in action to truly appreciate him and what he has to offer. He will drill home the importance of interacting with the person in front of your camera and he is a true master, so you learn from the best. I love this guy and you will, too!
‘Art Behind The Headshot’ Trailer
Guest Blog Post on Scott Kelby’s ‘Photoshop Insider’
Natalia Taffarel - High end digital retoucher from Argentina. A real pro. I have her DVD, it’s 11.5 hours of advanced beauty retouching techniques. A little over my head, but worth it for the stuff that’s not. This is where I learned how to retouch skin. Her technique is awesome, especially at retaining pore structure.
‘Beauty and Hair Retouching High End Techniques’ DVD
Sue Bryce - What can I say about Sue Bryce. Watch her on CreativeLIVE and see for yourself. A master at posing, she transforms average Janes into supermodels before your eyes, with just a simple pose. If only I could remember to apply a fraction of the advice I’ve learned from her...
‘Glamour Photography’ Course on CreativeLIVE
‘Inside The Glamour Studio’ Course on CreativeLIVE
Amy Dresser - An amazing digital retoucher, famous for her retouching on images by Jill Greenberg. I learned quite a bit from watching her ‘Pointy Man’ tutorial on RetouchPRO. Worth the $15.00 if you have 2.5 hrs. to spend in front of the computer. You only have 3 days to watch it before it expires. Covers her ‘Carve’ technique that is a big part of her style.
Amy Dresser Rentals Page on RetouchPro
Amy Dresser’s retouching on Jill Greenbergs’ images
Scott Kelby, whom I have learned so much from over the years. He has generously offered so much of his knowledge, in the form of books, tutorials, workshops, seminars, etc. The main force behind Photoshop World and if you’ve never been, I can’t recommend it highly enough. It was there that I won that contest, sponsored by Westcott, that got me started in Portraiture.
- creativeLIVE - Glamour Photography with Sue Bryce 125 photos, 559 members
- Sue Bryce Fans 114 photos, 71 members
- FroKnowsPhoto.com 265,813 photos, 19,371 members
- “David Hill Look” 4,214 photos, 1,128 members
- Pro Photoshop Actions 40 photos, 23 members
- The Visual Science Lab 2,388 photos, 374 members
- Joel Grimes & Dave Hill Look 1,334 photos, 324 members
- Fstoppers 62,440 photos, 4,612 members
- HIGH END Photo Retouching 2,672 photos, 555 members
- POTN Users 42,113 photos, 1,595 members
- Alien Bee Beauty Dish users 7,849 photos, 1,106 members
- FLICKR STUDIO "new photographic techniques" 26,719 photos, 3,776 members
- Lighting & Posing Styles 37,220 photos, 4,504 members
- People Portraits 2,448,977 photos, 117,710 members
- Staged Portraiture, Please for god's sake read the rules! 11,032 photos, 1,042 members
- Retouch Artists 4,275 photos, 840 members
- Portraiture 683,099 photos, 26,922 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,188,030 photos, 24,300 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 77,355 photos, 15,286 members
- Portrait Strobist 45,115 photos, 3,342 members
- Photoshopaholics 4,120 photos, 162 members
- Studio Lighting 80,003 photos, 8,789 members
- Studio Dreams 17,217 photos, 1,964 members
- Studio Shots 86,005 photos, 8,187 members
- B&H Photo 37,069 photos, 6,340 members
- Studio Strobism 20,218 photos, 2,578 members
- Studio Lighting On A Budget or Not. 9,450 photos, 1,576 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 622,298 photos, 23,765 members
- CanonRumors.com 13,653 photos, 1,317 members
- Photoshop Professionals 64,646 photos, 5,245 members
- Seamless & Cyc 8,148 photos, 2,414 members
- Post Processing Addicts 44,693 photos, 2,650 members
- RETOUCH: Before and After Group (RE-VAMPING!) 573 photos, 463 members
- Impressive Before-After (Need both pictures) 1,357 photos, 800 members
- deviantART Deviants 186,601 photos, 11,273 members
- BittBox User Showcase 18,166 photos, 2,543 members
- Abduzeedos 118,003 photos, 9,913 members
- LightSource 75,731 photos, 8,554 members
- Portrait Photography Business 152,869 photos, 14,036 members
- DAVE HILL FANS 10,625 photos, 2,686 members
- PHOTOSHOP ART (Celebrating the Art of Photoshop) 164,145 photos, 12,781 members
- Before and After Photoshop 11,062 photos, 4,472 members
- Adobe Lightroom 23,236 photos, 22,555 members
- PSD Vault Photostream 24,897 photos, 2,613 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 2,876 photos, 4,846 members
- Retouch Magic - Photo Manipulation and Retouching 39,467 photos, 4,989 members
- Westcott Photoshop World Shootout Contest! 449 photos, 171 members
- Alien Bees 70,441 photos, 7,101 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 325,241 photos, 19,423 members
- The Portrait Group 2,269,603 photos, 137,021 members
Shineylewis doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Regina Pagles
- August 2009
- Long Island, New York
- Springdale, Utah, United States
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Zion Cycles Bike Shop
- Regina Pagles Photography