Click for weather forecast
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you choose to add me as a contact and when I go to check your photos and I get this:
I will NOT reciprocate and in some cases you may be blocked.
Upon recieving a contact request, then in most cases I do reciprocate. However, if I do so then you agree to the following:
A) - Ocasionally from time to time, you may get a mail from me wanting you to see a photo or two via FM (you know, the one where you get "such and such a person wants you to see a photo") that I feel may be of interest.
B) If I do share photo with you that may not be so interesting, it may be that your expertise is needed!
If I do, I will try and keep "sharing via FM" to a minumum (where possible)
Blocking me will only lead me to doing EXACTLY the same thing (upon discovering anyone having done so) and a "blanket ban" from ALL groups I admin if a member, regardless of who created the group in the first place!
Although i'll keep sharing photos via Flickr Mail (FM) to a minmum, if you rather I didn't do as such with you (I.E. because you think it's "self promotion") then basically don't add me as a contact - you can't have it both ways!!
C). Take me as I am - don't like the way I am then again don't bother adding me as a contact - I will NEVER change who I am for anyone and the only person who can judge me is me!!
However, i'm not totally full of "rules and regulations" and "terms and conditions" where commenting and favouriting my photos (within reason) is concerned.
Most of my photos are under an Attribution license (Creative Commons) so as long as you see my photos under that license you are free to reuse my work for any purpose. You should credit me with any photo you use.
As for comments, I don't mind constructive criticsm and tips et, all. However, if you don't like my descriptions or titles of my pics or clips then sorry but lifes a bitch!
Although I don't mind making minor adjustments within reason, I will name my pics/clips and describe them EXACTLY as I see fit! Don't like what you're reading when viewing them? Tough!
Any comments that are or I deem to be of a negative, hurtful or demanding nature will lead to a block and if a member of ANY group I admin, regardless of who the creator is or was - a straight banning from them all.....NO EXCEPTIONS!!
I make no apology in issuing this warning or my terms and conditions!
This is Flickr at the end of the day and i'm here for me, not to please a small minority!
Besides, Flickr, and the outside world would be boring if we all thought like one another all the time!
One of my favourite quotes from Ashes to Ashes:
"Today my friend, your diary entry will read took a prossie hostage and was shot by three armed bastards!"
The real me above!
Hornchurch Court, Hulme. My pics of Manchester are usualy from outside the City Centre although I do have many pics taken within the City Centre ;)
My interests describes me, ok sunbeam?
- Network Rail 4,214 photos, 204 members
- Greater Anglia (ex - NXEA) 2,630 photos, 110 members
- London Overground 1,370 photos, 116 members
- Newham 4,294 photos, 182 members
- I bring my camera everywhere. 188,365 photos, 3,293 members
- Docklands Light Railway 2,087 photos, 323 members
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR) trains 331 photos, 71 members
- Inside London Transport Museum 2,520 photos, 309 members
- Covent Garden 2,410 photos, 607 members
- On The Line 10,459 photos, 621 members
- yeah! Hackney 5,339 photos, 158 members
- "The GoAhead Group in the UK" 12,988 photos, 85 members
- Panasonic Lumix Group 2,351 photos, 458 members
- Milton Keynes - A City In All But Name 158 photos, 20 members
- Westminster Abbey 461 photos, 133 members
- London at Night 8,172 photos, 723 members
- London Lovers 21,800 photos, 2,186 members
- The Victoria Line 318 photos, 51 members
- London Underground 2009 Stock 31 photos, 29 members
- Piccadilly Line 657 photos, 85 members
- First Manchester, Bury 144 photos, 25 members
- Bus UK: Centreline and Metroshuttle 100 photos, 16 members
- London's West End Theatres 861 photos, 118 members
- London: The Square Mile 22,697 photos, 2,724 members
- London Graffiti 60,144 photos, 1,652 members
- McLeans Coaches 172 photos, 170 members
- Southwark 13,117 photos, 776 members
- The London Eye 12,504 photos, 3,622 members
- Views from the London Eye 940 photos, 314 members
- The EDF Energy London Eye - Official Photo Group 1,626 photos, 579 members
- We're crazy about dogs 2,352 photos, 164 members
- South Bank 5,353 photos, 469 members
- SE1 2,946 photos, 84 members
- Metroline 5,362 photos, 112 members
- LK, LX, LT,LN and LJ registrations 125 photos, 8 members
- Trains of the UK 16,343 photos, 291 members
- Arriva London 6,257 photos, 100 members
- Arriva in London and Kent - No Arriva The Shires Please 1,566 photos, 32 members
- Metropolitan Police Vehicles 6,937 photos, 147 members
- Metropolitan Police 15,350 photos, 519 members
- District Line 1,025 photos, 86 members
- Vehicles ,older than you . ? 81 photos, 16 members
- London Night Life 15,304 photos, 2,834 members
- Rossendale 7,109 photos, 98 members
- Bus UK: Unregistered, brand new Buses & Coaches. 252 photos, 196 members
- I came, I saw... I shot! 60,212 photos, 1,005 members
- Unusual Street Names 478 photos, 31 members
- RIP ... Blackpool tram 646 75 photos, 22 members
- The Manchester Museum 521 photos, 71 members
- UK Class 170 Turbostar 653 photos, 82 members
The Laird of Oldham says:
"Mikey (aka Gene Hunt) is easily and absolutely my favourite Flickrite, and the principle reason I joined Flickr! His dedication to tagging and organising the millions of photographs out there on Flickr, combined with his extensive contributions of images are nothing short of inspirational - not because they're going to appear in some glossy magazine or billboard, but because they capture ordinary life in Greater Manchester - from buses, to bridges, to tower blocks, to semi-detached houses, Mikey is a specialist in all things Greater Mancunian and manages to catch your eye and keep you interested with ordinary life in northern England's premier city region. Thank you sir!"
1st July, 2012
"Mikey's photos are raw and hard - just like the Republic of Manchester.
We always enjoy looking through his Photostream.
Keep up the great work!"
7th June, 2011
.S U B. says:
"before i do anything else, i always check the news, then i saw this
well done mate"
3rd November, 2009
"Mikey does interesting urban Manchester and life observation photos and is a great bloke.
20th November, 2008
"A proper geezer, he knows what's what."
22nd June, 2008
"I just love what's going on here, and I hope he's backing up these photos as there's a valuable photographic archive in the making. Flickr's full of flashy shots, but few who document a place and time as effectively as this."
17th February, 2008
Zippy's Revenge says:
"Mikey has an uncanny knack of documenting his native Manchester in its warts and all glory. None of the tarted over shots you will see in magazines here. This is Manchester in its true form, the urban decay, the run down bits that they don't want you to see. Mikey takes the shots other people don't and after viewing his work I myself now take more interest in my own local surroundings. Never afraid to comment on YOUR work as well, good, bad or constructive criticism. Here we have one of flickr's true greats. Keep em comin."
17th January, 2008
Beetham Boy says:
"In a world of tedious hyperbole about the obvious fashionable aspects of Manchester, Gene Hunt cuts through the c**p and shows the world what the City is really like.
A photographic genius and brutalist tower-block loving nerd, he's more Joey Barton than David Beckham, more Amy Winehouse than Girls Aloud.
And we all love a bit of Gene Hunt..."
15th December, 2007
Ian Plant Photos says:
"Mickey is doing a great job of documenting manchesters surounding areas Keep up the good work"
1st December, 2007
George D Thompson says:
"Gene (aka Mikey) has documented Withenshaw and Manchester, and all points North with such attention to detail (not to mention comprehensiveness) that if it all disappeared in a Nuclear Blast they'd be able to re-create it in all its GRIM splendour just from his photographs (whether they would want to is a different matter). He is also a determined crime fighter who has no patience with these namby-pamby modern ways and all this form filling. He has also won prizes for his voracious consumption of 'oops."
24th November, 2007
--Gone 4 a bit-- says:
"Mikey has really good pictures of around Manchester!!!
Keep it up!!!
12th November, 2007
Chrissy Marie says:
"I love Mikey's pictures. He and I love the same things about Manchester and he takes pictures I wish I could."
29th October, 2007
"As a Mancunian lost in the wilds of Norfolk I find Mikey's gallery deeply moving, why? Because he captures the Manchester and Salford I know, the urban landscape that replaced the terraced slums I grew up in as a kid (and watch being torn down).
My Mum and two brothers still live in Salford and though I get back when I can, I've not lived there for over 25 years(spending most of my time in London), but Mikey's gallery makes me want to get in my car and go home."
17th June, 2007
Liverpool Suburbia says:
"Mikey has successfully been able to and still does record the everyday life of the city of Manchester. He shows great pride in his city which is always great to see.
Heres to you and manchester!"
19th May, 2007
"a great no nonsense photostream capturing present day Manchester and Salford, showing both it's pleasing and less likeable aspects. From flats, back to backs and urban decay Mikey has captured many of the varying aspects of Mancunian life"
3rd May, 2007
"Mikey has many pictures of a great city, seeing Manchester through his eyes is an experience. He doesn't t just focus on all the usual stuff like Urbis etc, he brings us the tower blocks and the 60's, 70's architecture that most people dismiss.
He also has an unhealthy obsession for the BBC's Life on Mars, which is a good thing as I do too :-)"
23rd March, 2007
the family cat says:
"Nice variety of images-photos captured on the moment-good shots of tower blocks.
As he's not one of these who joined 500 odd Groups there is more of a chance of him finding time to comment on YOUR pics!"
29th January, 2007
"Mikeys pics are definately different from the usual stuff you get on flickr.
No sunsets, no macros, just down to earth photos of every day life. A real pleasure to view.
A good contact and friend to have.
28th January, 2007
- October 2006
- I am:
- Nicking criminals and kicking in nonces