If you're a model and you would like a 30 day FREE trial membership with Zivity to check it out, send me your email address (not Flickr Mail) and I'll send you what you need.
Use this email address firstname.lastname@example.org to contact me.
Put Zivity in the subject line.
Any other way of doing this I find is buggy.
I picked up my first DSLR in October of 2008 and have been busy enjoying photography ever since. Before that I had a point and shoot but I rarely pointed it and shot it even less. I could have nick named it "Dusty".
I bought a Rebel XSi because I had discovered HDR wallpaper and was amazed by it. The guy at the camera store put a Rebel in my hands because it could bracket and the Nikon with the closest price couldn't. So I went Canon for that reason alone. I'm not a Canon snob. I'd like to try Nikon but now that I have more lenses I'm sort of locked into the family.
One good thing about my tabletop work is it really forces you to learn and understand lighting. I don't take set up shots or keep notes because this forces me to rethink each shot instead of memorizing set ups all the time. It is also great for coming up with new ideas and approaches.
On my blog you can purchase my work in larger versions without watermarks:
Look for the link in the top part of the column on the right.
Nowadays I do mostly Model Shoots. I don't have a web page because a Photo Blog makes more sense. I can update it regularly with my latest work. Static sites just sit and get stale.
Here's a link to my Tumblr PB:
I figure it's time I updated my profile so here it is:
This is my life (so far) in a nutshell.
My mother died when I was 10 years old. After that I was more or less on my own and had to raise myself. I finished school early and joined a road band. As an extreme autodidact I taught myself to play drums as I have taught myself all my other life skills. I toured Canada and some of the USA professionally until I turned 24. This is where I learned that less is more (by living out of a suitcase).
I got tired of seeing the same cities over and over so I bought a bike, flysheet and a bedroll. I visited every city in Canada almost over the next 5 years and lots of the USA. I've lived under bridges, in ghost towns, in trees, under trees :-), on beaches and even dug out snowbanks. I always had a YMCA card so I could SSS (Sh*t, shower and shave) in style. I'm a master camper and a retired mountain man – too old for all that now.
I had saved enough to buy a house by my 30th birthday so I did and I moved indoors.
I tried living like everybody else but it Sucks :-) (Sorry everybody else). I still managed to do enough things right that I could retire at age 47. I ain't rich but I is happy :-) That's what counts – right?
What else have I done in my life?
I am or was
a) a Toastmaster
b) a Martial artist
c) a Musician
d) a Registered Nutritional Consultant (RNC)
e) an Iridologist
f) an Herbalist
g) a Public Speaker
h) a Mountain Man
i) a Tour Bus Operator
j) a Business Owner
k) a Landlord
l) a Rosicrucian
m) a Kayak/Canoeist
n) a Motorcyclist
o) a Philanthropist
p) a Taxi Driver
q) and now I'm trying to be a Photographer
I should mention that in spite of my unusual and nomadic past I am quite housebroken.
Sorry if I don't respond to comments and posts like I used to but here's why…
I used to be a Flickr addict spending way way WAY too much time socially interacting to the point it became a burden rather than a pleasure. Nowadays I post and run rarely looking at the post or comments of my contacts. I enjoy my newly freed up time and don't want to go back to sitting in front of the computer as much. I can do that later when my legs or health goes on me and I can't get out as much. Right now I'm out shooting as it should be.
My Toys that I play with:
5D Mark II, Canon 17-40L, Canon 24-105L, Canon 135L Prime, Canon 70 - 300 lens, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon Macro 100mm, four AlB400's, ABR800, AB1600, AB800, 430EX II, (2) 580EX II, a bunch of Chinese modifiers, Manfrotto tripod.
I just blew my savings on a 5D Mk II on May 18th, 2010.
Large $$$, at least for me.
Being a Canadian we get stung for anything we buy electronic so I bought this beast from B&H in New York. UPS delivered it (EXPEDITED), and it took 9 DAYS. 9 DAYS EXPEDiTED!!! Yeah, that's real expedited. I ended up saving about $460 off the Henry's price.
Now I just have to learn how to use it. It's one heck of a change from my Rebel - that's for sure.
Would I do it again? I think so… even if it means eating KD for a year or two to get some bucks back into the bank account.
Damn photography is expensive!
- Fitness Models 2,468 photos, 1,074 members
- FIT BODIES! Fitness, Wellness, and Exercise Photography 1,396 photos, 456 members
- Art of Body Building 430 photos, 221 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 314,284 photos, 19,203 members
- look my eyes 10,680 photos, 876 members
- Modeling shoots 13,162 photos, 1,224 members
- Gorgeous 97,845 photos, 6,334 members
- EYES °° GUYS - faces of men 3,286 photos, 491 members
- Committee of Artists 23,868 photos, 2,824 members
- Black & White Favorites 4,495 photos, 911 members
- Silk And Satin 3,094 photos, 6,638 members
- .: Me! Me! Me! - Expressing myself! :. 699 photos, 73 members
- This is Human Beauty 5,730 photos, 773 members
- ~Behind the scenes~ 1,630 photos, 561 members
- Attractive Women (High Standards) 20,797 photos, 2,148 members
- Hand drumming 713 photos, 204 members
- Pet Parade 93,551 photos, 6,316 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 819,098 photos, 103,327 members
- MICIOLANDIA/ Mondo felino 899 photos, 242 members
- Musical Instruments of the World 6,602 photos, 765 members
- The Visual Art of Music 3,036 photos, 451 members
- Drummers 13,590 photos, 1,259 members
- Drum 'n' Beat 2,985 photos, 519 members
- ~ Hand Drumming and World Percussion ~ 2,669 photos, 463 members
- Lady in Red 488 photos, 301 members
- The Art of Love 377 photos, 97 members
- Fairies 10,891 photos, 1,847 members
- Fairy Tales 27,791 photos, 2,622 members
- The Woman in Red 1,765 photos, 376 members
- Concerts & Musicians 135,120 photos, 3,016 members
- Canadian Music 15,044 photos, 990 members
- Country Music ! 16,774 photos, 396 members
- 1,000,000 Views 132 photos, 130 members
- worldlightning 140,359 photos, 4,732 members
- Sexy Girls Elite 6,650 photos, 1,907 members
- Portraiture 653,977 photos, 26,054 members
- sexiest candid shots 1,818 photos, 1,518 members
- The sexiest girls - non nude 27,797 photos, 2,636 members
- VOGUE 98,338 photos, 5,535 members
- Model Republic 37,549 photos, 2,471 members
- I Wanna Be a Model! 34,512 photos, 3,644 members
- Odd and Abstract 78,227 photos, 4,761 members
- East Ward Echo Place Neighbourhood Association 0 photos, 2 members
- shooting couples 3,978 photos, 923 members
- Happy Couples 43,211 photos, 9,442 members
- Headshot Photography 8,699 photos, 1,901 members
- Coffee 23,954 photos, 7,045 members
- Caffeine Nation 2,252 photos, 193 members
- Caffeine 336 photos, 86 members
- 16:9 Widescreen 13,980 photos, 878 members
CB 357 says:
"It would be an understatement to call Randi a great photographer, and almost slightly trite, as he is a true artiste in all sense of the word ... his creativity, and sublime control of light, is inspirational.
I feel that some of his images should carry a warning such as - "This was done by a trained professional, so please don't try this at home" ;-)
I would urge you to have a good look at what Randi can do with such simple objects, and then effortlessly morph them into masterpieces ... you'll be as inspired as I am !"
28th November, 2009
"Not only is Randy a true master in photography, he is a true master in motivation, inpiration and encouragement. He will find the best in a person's work and focus on that.
The clean, crisp, perfectionist style you can see in his table top photography is absolutely amazing and his lighting techniques are stunning. What I think is Randi's driving force in life is his creativity and his desire to share this beauty with other people.
Randi will always find or make the time to comment on his contact's photos, very often leaving him to be the only one commenting, leaving the person some words of encouragement or praise.
Thank you my friend, it is really a great pleasure to know you."
2nd September, 2009
Ting Hay says:
"Randi is a wonderful flickr friend and... yes, he's a great photographer too :))) He's creativity is amazing and he's so generous that he'll be gladly sharing his tutorial to his friends..
I love the way Randi see and capture interesting things in life, he's also very good in composition & lighting.
Thank you, Randi.. Thank you for everything.. I am so glad we're flickr met. Wish you all the best! Ting (July'09)"
12th July, 2009
"I am sooo glad to have met such a person with a very impressive talent and skills! I am sure to learn a lot from his online tutorial and photos. Salute!!!"
20th June, 2009
- Randi Scott
- October 2008
- Barrie, Ontario, Canada
- Brantford, Ontario, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Semi Retired
- R Scott Photography