Please Note, I am slowly moving to this Flickr account: www.flickr.com/photos/interimaginational
Please do come visit me there!
I am a storyteller, a writer, an artist, and the chief mapmaker for the Interimaginational Institute for Fantastical Exploration & Cartography.
I make maps of imaginary places, from treasure maps to maps of make-believe, and I also make commissioned maps of real places.
I live at the moment in the Tidewater area of Virginia with my husband in a wacky house built long before we were born. I have also worked as a television producer, a newspaper reporter and a bookseller, and I have also lived in Southern California, Nevada, Philadelphia, eastern Germany and the Czech Republic. I love bright colors, books of all sorts, quirky art, fairy tales, subtle jokes and artificial fruit flavors.
You can see more of my maps at my Etsy gallery.
You can read more about my adventures at my blog, The Explorer's Notebook.
You can follow my daily wanderings on Twitter.
- Vintage Childrens Books 26,249 photos, 4,948 members
- Etsy Treasuries 848 photos, 181 members
- My Art 22,993 photos, 809 members
- I made this 156,323 photos, 6,103 members
- boats in art & other nautical items 3,279 photos, 340 members
- Arts & crafts fairs & shows 6,811 photos, 2,576 members
- Buyhandmade.org 173 photos, 639 members
- Cartography 3,493 photos, 687 members
- FAE - Fantasy Artists of Etsy 2,466 photos, 90 members
paintandink / radiogirl doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alison Murray Whittington
- October 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- writer and artist
- The Explorer's Notebook