i will not say anything today for important reasons which are still going on.
i shoot a nikon d2x. it makes a fine weapon if not a great camera.
i collect found photographs, both digital and print. i find the things that people discard to be interesting and somewhat revealing. i find it curious that flickr provides designated space to list favourite books and music and films (and those who create them), but none for favourite pieces of visual art and the artists responsible. sculptors, painters and photographers deserve some recognition here too.
you can also find me on b3ta and youtube under the same username, and icuii using whatever name suits my mood. if i vanish from flickr suddenly, it may be because i'm having my other leg disassembled and rebuilt with new parts made from strange new alloys and stem cells harvested from unborn, very religious, conservative babies - my first knee replacement was in october of 2010. i have now retired the cane and fucking with traditional beauty standards gets me off. i was born in 1967, which makes me 44 at this moment.
since a few people have now asked, i add pics to my favourites list for different reasons. sometimes the shot is great, sometimes the person depicted is sexy as hell, and sometimes there's a quality in the shot that fires a functioning neuron in my brain even if the pic isn't perfect (whatever that is). also, if you send me an invitation to join a group or make a comment on my shots and it sparkles, flashes or features colours that only bees on ecstasy can see, i'll join up or reply, which you'll inevitably regret as i'm ill-tempered and have a defective personality. actually, i'll just delete your comment and send you a note explaining the matter. animated gifs in comments are a plague. oh, and if you add me as a contact or select some of my pictures as favourites but have nothing of your own visible to me, i'll send you a note asking you to address that fact. if i get no response or an angry reply (and if you want to read the angry replies, i've just started keeping them), you get blocked. during my time offline i missed a lot of this contact and have yet to catch up on all of it, but i will at some point. upon further review, i just started blocking people with greybox icons and/or no photographs at all for me to see (and some with nothing but other people's photographs on display). i'm not bothering with the email approach now since it mostly resulted in being ignored, sent incoherent and angry responses or whiny pleas. also, the asshole white supremacists who somehow thought i'd want them as contacts are all blocked and can fuck right off. just because i look white (and surprise! i'm a mongrel!) doesn't mean i share your opinions, values or interests. this world is better without bigots so please just go kill yourselves.
i see comments as the beginnings of conversations, so if you say something, i'll likely reply. i choose favourites more than i leave comments, though. emoticons don't really register with me, as i see them as punctuation marks and letters, so while i occasionally understand them, they generally just look like the result of typing with your fists. mama always taught me to leave crazy people alone, goddamnit go get me another drink, no not that crap, the cherry brandy that's hidden inside the hi-fi cabinet you little bastard!
if you're going to make comments or send me emails about how disgusted you are with me, include some naked pictures of yourself so i can jack off on them while i shout out your exciting messages.
destroy all empires.
- Oddities of Toronto 415 photos, 31 members
- Onions et allia 803 photos, 319 members
- MARGARET THATCHER 68 photos, 18 members
- Canadiana. 285 photos, 20 members
- City of Craft 1,916 photos, 171 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 242,725 photos, 19,852 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 12,625 photos, 2,785 members
- Insects of Ontario 1,684 photos, 65 members
- NATURE Pure and Beautiful 73,074 photos, 4,062 members
- White Flowers Only 45,598 photos, 6,622 members
- Faces in Abandoned places (NO PEOPLE / NO PAINTINGS / NO STATUES 2,015 photos, 171 members
- An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles 16,205 photos, 1,521 members
- 28 Days Later 79,566 photos, 2,702 members
- Insect Porn 6,907 photos, 2,209 members
- MAXIMUM minimalism 4,157 photos, 3,237 members
- Loud, fast and heavy 47,798 photos, 1,056 members
- Flies 9,018 photos, 920 members
- Scene of the Crime 250 photos, 115 members
- 999, Crime, Slime and Doin' Time 292 photos, 104 members
- Crime Scene Photographers 1,600 photos, 448 members
- Hell On Earth! 991 photos, 243 members
- ROBOTS: technology + pop culture 15,561 photos, 3,563 members
- Vistek's Photo & Video Pool 4,310 photos, 169 members
- Strange Meetings/Encuentros Curiosos (no people, animals...) 4,027 photos, 152 members
- SCRAtches and SCArs 1,712 photos, 212 members
- Tins 1,591 photos, 356 members
- Containers 4,865 photos, 507 members
- Fantastic Plastic 12,594 photos, 845 members
- Lights, Lamps & Lighting Design - Illuminate me! 14,807 photos, 2,607 members
- Vintage Melmac & LustroWare 589 photos, 170 members
- Flickr Liquor 2,629 photos, 417 members
- Me fail English? That's unpossible! 2,438 photos, 537 members
- Crap Signs 2,804 photos, 139 members
- Broken things 4,251 photos, 637 members
- Typewriter Ribbon Tin Menagerie 241 photos, 28 members
- Holy Crockery! 1,084 photos, 155 members
- Brandography Group Flickr 2,275 photos, 128 members
- The Drake Hotel: Toronto, Canada 3,057 photos, 539 members
- Little India Toronto 89 photos, 5 members
- Typophile // typography, lettering and design 42,080 photos, 6,156 members
- Experimental Typography 19,036 photos, 2,932 members
- ▲Monster puke▲ 50,837 photos, 2,613 members
- the rats are eating my eyes. 1,369 photos, 57 members
- Where The Letters Lay 60 photos, 21 members
- the semiotic grid 3,431 photos, 301 members
- Combination Lock 223 photos, 38 members
- Ugly Toronto 287 photos, 43 members
- Guilty Landscapes 1,318 photos, 163 members
- First-Name Basis Signage Project 14,475 photos, 1,410 members
- war on ford 42 photos, 2 members
postbear doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- postbear eater of worlds
- March 2006
- tmu tarakan
- toronto, canada
- I am:
- Male and Single
- postbear [at] rogers.com