I am retired and now getting back into the business (not for pay) of making images. I was initially exposed to photography at a young age when my father built a 4X4 darkroom in the corner of my basement bedroom. It was not long before I too was developing film and trying my hand at printing and watching images magically appear on the exposed paper.
I was in my twenties when I got my first decent 35mm camera, a Canon FTql and over time acquired a few lenses. I also had a medium format Rollei which was used for some wedding and portrait work. (I am no longer interested in doing that.) I expanded the darkroom in my own home and used it for several years before boxing it up for a move and never setting up again.
My early exposure with manual cameras with a light meter hung around my neck gave me a good technical understanding of light and the relationship between light, film speed, shutter speed and f stop which still serves me well today. Although the external light meter is no longer required. I still find myself shooting a lot in manual mode or aperture priority.
I made the jump to digital eight or nine years ago with a point and shoot camera. I am now on my second digital SLR having purchased a Nikon D300 July, 2008.
AF-S Nikkor 18-70 f3.5-4.5G
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro
I post images which for some reason I find interesting although not necessarily works of art. All are post-processed with Lightoom adjustments and perhaps some cropping. I do use Photoshop CS3 on most photos and Photomatix on some.
I visit and comment on contacts photos unless I find they are simply collecting contacts and not taking time to view and comment on my photos occasionally. Even if I really like a photo stream, I will not hang around long unless there is at least some reciprocation.
I am enjoying your images. I hope you enjoy a few of mine.
Photos of Von Taylor (3)
- *ABSOLUTELY beautiful*post1-comment1 127,480 photos, 3,789 members
- FIELD GUIDE OF BIRDS 26,436 photos, 495 members
- Countryside Photography Moderated Group...Post 1 - Award 1 17,316 photos, 1,772 members
- Committee of Artists 24,122 photos, 2,835 members
- CHAMPIONS Photography (P.1- R3) 135,450 photos, 6,196 members
- ALL UTAH PHOTOGRAPHS 4,637 photos, 75 members
- *** Art of Photography © *** 33,926 photos, 1,253 members
- MY WINNERS/BLINK P1/A2 985,189 photos, 86,548 members
- nature's marvels 9,827 photos, 577 members
- Abandoned 739,513 photos, 52,712 members
- Flickr AID - Post 1 Comment 3 (!!!NEW!!! HALL OF FAME THREAD) 11,796 photos, 572 members
- Rhapsodic Poems of Homer - NO children please! 104,974 photos, 3,977 members
- NaTuReSCAPeS & WiLdLiFe 6,699 photos, 516 members
- Utah Amazing 4,933 photos, 159 members
- "Only Good Photographs - P1C2" 25,041 photos, 989 members
- Great American Landscapes 6,274 photos, 554 members
- The Neighborhood Ecologist 9,127 photos, 272 members
- Robert Smithson 38 photos, 20 members
- Best Black & White!! **Voting now open** 88,333 photos, 3,567 members
- The NEW Flickr. "BEST" picts.!! 25,872 photos, 2,295 members
- Railroads 182,357 photos, 6,087 members
- B&W Diamond Awards (Post 1, Award 5)-B&W Only - No Frames!! 206,979 photos, 17,760 members
- One tree 326 photos, 117 members
- A Virtual Journey: HD Photos of Excellence-Level 1 2,501 photos, 117 members
- Argus C3 Brick 742 photos, 139 members
- Mendon Photo Guild 7 photos, 24 members
- National Wildlife Magazine Photo Group 126,631 photos, 6,157 members
- The Gold Project 2.0 7,163 photos, 1,315 members
- B&W 3,456,241 photos, 170,040 members
- Golden Garden 29,489 photos, 1,233 members
- Photos from Shooting Stars !! 8,013 photos, 1,303 members
- ...-Wink's Place-... 213,655 photos, 3,567 members
- Creative Eye of the World 11,618 photos, 423 members
- Real West 9,462 photos, 178 members
- Blink again level 2 best of blink - INVITE ONLY Please award two 24,297 photos, 5,601 members
- Winged Wonders of the World 4,573 photos, 126 members
- L'amicizia fa la differenza - leggere le regole READ THE RULES 45,440 photos, 1,166 members
- Wild About Flowers - Macro 7,155 photos, 375 members
- Phenomenal Picture Perfect (Invite only with 20 favorites) 6,274 photos, 839 members
- "The Living Face" 20,538 photos, 585 members
- Photos sans Frontières (No people) - P.1 / C.2 229,886 photos, 5,626 members
- Moose 3,966 photos, 863 members
- The Healing Place 2,159 photos, 409 members
- Animal Award (Post 1 Award 3) 14,169 photos, 1,130 members
- U.S. 91 2,263 photos, 107 members
- Making "FRIENDS" from around the World - P1/C1 for each photo 22,273 photos, 1,207 members
- Historic City Centres (post 1....1) 78,240 photos, 3,616 members
- Utah's Hidden Treasures 952 photos, 95 members
- Fractalius Images 6,095 photos, 480 members
- Fractalius Photo's - ONLY Fractalius Photo's Please 6,190 photos, 1,046 members
jbarc in BC says:
"I have been looking at Von's photos for some time. He is an excellent technical photographer, and his work is both instructive and educational. Von is a very good Flickr friend who has taught me much about composition. His images of the country and wildlife, especially birds, in Utah are well worth seeing. I hope to go to Utah one day and do a shoot with him."
16th June, 2010
I just looked at your photos and I'm impressed by their variety and excellence. You seem to have the ability to take the ordinary subject or scene and make it extraordinary. Am looking forward to your other postings.
22nd August, 2009
"Si tuvieramos en esta maravillosa comunidad 2 ò 3 Pop38 màs, se duplicarìa el nùmero de personas en ella.
Es sorprendente como este hombre apoya, comenta, manifiesta, en todos los sentidos las fotografias de los miembros.
Claro ejemplo de una persona que sabe donde està en cada momento, en este caso, perteneciendo a esta gran comunidad.
Muchìsimas gracias Pop por tus comentarios, a mi, y me atrevo a decir a los demàs miembros.
Es un honor tenerte " por aquì". Recibe un saludo¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡"
26th June, 2009
is a friend! He is a really cool
man but not only he is cool and
he has loads of so many cool
capture all around his stream!
Please review his pictures
and see it on your own!
He has all kinds of pictures
for you! You will not be sorry
but be happy!
Wishing all the best
for the rest of his life!
Greetings from New York City"
14th April, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"I'm truly amazed at Von...for pretty well, always being the first one to comment on my pics as soon as they're up. Don't know how he does it, but I'm glad! He's a wonderful support...and friend! Thank You Von!"
14th March, 2009
jim hunton says:
"Von is a first rate photographer AND artist,he has been a great encourager and very supportive toward me,i am happy to call him a friend,thanks Von for sharing so many beautiful images !!!"
17th February, 2009
- RP - says:
",,I think, Von Taylor's photos are very spectacular and amazing. He surprise me sometimes with images of his wonderful country where he live. I appreciate his images, they're are speak to me. He comment photos with his honest meaning and that's is it! Thank you to be your friend!''"
30th January, 2009
Kathy Harrison says:
"Pop38/'s images are beyond beautiful - they are monumental. The vistas are photographed and processed in such a way that I am always amazed. I am touched that he would even look at my photos and find something to praise in them, but he somehow manages to find something nice to say. Thanks, Pop38/."
11th November, 2008
- May 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken