thank you for the all kind words, the comments, the stimulations, the questions...
can I refer to your image in my blog ?
of course, i'd love to hear about it.
can I use one of your images in my orkut/myspace... profile ?
no. i find these requests very strange.
i work for such and such NGO/non profit... and would like to use your image for free. is that OK ?
i very often get such requests. if your organization only uses volunteers, please ask, I am open most of the time.
if you or other people (designer, printer, ...) get paid, why shouldn't I ? if my work helps yours, I see no reason why we shouldn't both be paid, so please only ask if you have a budget, even small.
can i publish your work ?
please contact me.
what equipment/film... do you use ?
i use canon equipment: mostly a 1DMkIII and a 1Ds. some pictures also were shot with a D30 or an IXUS 700. you probably could not tell from the image.
i use mostly a 16-35f2.8II and a 24-70mmf2.8.
i sometimes use a 50f1.4, a 100f2.8macro, lensbabies 3G, 70-200f4.
generally I now try to keep the EXIF info in the images so clicking "more properties" will give you the run down.
do you retouch your images ?
I increase contrast and saturation on those images I feel need it. sometimes darken the edges also. I rarely will erase an electric line but I do not like retouching faces.
can I buy a print ?
if you are so inclined, you could purchase prints on imagekind. if the image you want is not on imagekind, ask me and i will upload a highres version so you can buy a print.
why do you shoot photos ?
shootin' the breeze interviewed me. it gave me an opportunity to think about why.
how do you get people to relax ?
spending time getting to know them is a good start. a good rule: treat people as you'd like to be treated; with respect and dignity.
do you want to add your photo to my group ?
sure, why not. only if the only thing i have to do is click, and if the "badge" is not too intrusive... as for "post 1-comment N" I'll probably post but won't comment or fav N because you have not read my rules first. have you ?
can I post my images into comments on your images ?
please refrain. i find it annoying when i read comments to have to scroll through other images. I guess I'll start deleting those.
due to some misunderstandings related to the wording used in CreativeCommons license, all images are now "all rights reserved". however my intention is to allow the CC license (attribution/non commercial/no derivatives) with a special restriction regarding professional usage so if you'd like permission to use them, or would like some of them published on websites or any other kind of media, please contact me through my Flickr mail.
My most interesting photos according to Flickr.
Photos of phitar (5)
- Urban Life Perspectives 94,850 photos, 2,954 members
- City Skylines (Buildings,Cities) 189,996 photos, 12,600 members
- Japan Images 487,374 photos, 12,060 members
- Japan Through the Eyes of Others 178,578 photos, 5,214 members
- Human-Interest 14,002 photos, 852 members
- Pure Smile Unlimited - The Happiest Gallery 345 photos, 66 members
- Laos Images 27,489 photos, 1,982 members
- 1000+ Comments or Faves(invite only) 46 photos, 187 members
- 1000 Faves 87 photos, 100 members
- Flickr Addicts 4,125,728 photos, 67,426 members
- Lightning 33,076 photos, 13,263 members
- Colours of the world » 13 photos, 5 members
- Great Photography in Action - photoExplode.com 53,137 photos, 1,188 members
- hand-portraits 2,141 photos, 390 members
- elderly people 10,724 photos, 1,835 members
- Rain 37,113 photos, 9,200 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 23,670 photos, 5,466 members
- Portrait of FACE < Head to Shoulder Shots Only > 97,437 photos, 9,351 members
- Portraits Unlimited 227,819 photos, 7,328 members
- 50mm f/1.4 Shooters 211,796 photos, 9,711 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 465,139 photos, 28,032 members
- Nice pictures 725,416 photos, 19,218 members
- Landscape photography 564,221 photos, 27,572 members
- Magical places and trees 6,687 photos, 944 members
- Mountains Anywhere 259,120 photos, 21,670 members
- French Alps 10,684 photos, 721 members
- ALICE@CERN 36 photos, 16 members
- Physics 5,270 photos, 2,014 members
- We travel the World 678,985 photos, 35,318 members
- 100 View Club 81,554 photos, 2,732 members
- Magnum Showcase (Moderated) 1,834 photos, 507 members
- Kiddos and Nature 613 photos, 84 members
- Refugee Youth 3,062 photos, 718 members
- Environment 30,414 photos, 2,106 members
- Carnival/Parade Masks 1,245 photos, 165 members
- Masquerade 1,813 photos, 789 members
- Lac d'Annecy 3,056 photos, 518 members
- Venitians dress 7,284 photos, 768 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,602 photos, 19,237 members
- NATURE&KIDS:Post*1 Awards*3 or"Bann" 8,837 photos, 1,252 members
- 1 Objeto + de 1 Perspectiva (This week: BUCKET) 3,127 photos, 1,041 members
- Great Ape Sanctuaries and Rescue/Rehabilitation Centres 263 photos, 35 members
- Wild Apes 261 photos, 56 members
- Great Apes 6,045 photos, 641 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 42,851 photos, 6,041 members
- APE HOUSE (no monkeys!) 7,520 photos, 1,104 members
- Artistic Animal Photography 15,965 photos, 2,524 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 562,908 photos, 15,847 members
- /geeks 48,937 photos, 4,616 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 74,496 photos, 3,128 members
Julien Falissard says:
"Merci pour tes images du monde qui sont magnifiques, continu à nous faire voyager à travers tes images.
Merci pour tes conseils, tu es pour moi un exemple.
@ + Julien"
20th November, 2006
" my goal in life is for phitar to comment on my photos. hehe
i am in love with your photos of your children and wife. makes me very excited to be a mother and wife in the furture. great work."
20th November, 2006
Fred [feukiou] says:
"OOooopsss I nearly clicked on the "block this person" link!! :)
Seriously, some of the most wonderful pictures I've ever seen and a very nice guy.
You've got a chance to meet life and maybe a bit of youth through pictures unforgettable, don't miss it.
Merci mec pour tout ce que tu nous montres."
29th August, 2006
gabrielas Ramigabs says:
"j'adore les photos de phitar chaque une a une magie particulaire.. il cherche et a le chance de capturer les meilleures moments des vies cotidiennes ...
J'adores tes portraits et la diversite de cultures que tu nous montres...on a la chance de avoir des photografes tres humaines dans le monde!!!!"
3rd July, 2006
"phitar is simply amazing. every picture he takes is beautiful and unique!!"
4th May, 2006
"One day, I met Phitar in Bangkok, in an internet cafe. I recognized him. We spent the diner together. The problem with this guy, is that speaking with him is even more interesting than admiring his amazing photos. Just imagine..."
17th January, 2006
Jennifer Esperanza says:
"Philippe's work is very strong. His deep rich colors inspire & his love of people & culture is clear. I always enjoy visiting his photo stream. It is wonderful to see where he has traveled.
Om Shanti, Jennifer"
14th December, 2005
"Phitar is undoubtedly among the cream of the crop here on Flickr. His portraits are rich in content and colour while being beautifully composed. For me, it's the light in his shots that is awesome. He sees things in a way I can only dream of.
And he's a helluva nice guy too!"
9th December, 2005
"Phitar is an absolute GREAT photographer! His photos are so strong in colour and composition and his portraits are stunning! Every time I look on his photostream I travel throught his eyes to the most gorgeous moments he had when he was looking through his camera!"
11th August, 2005
"Philippe's images transcend photography to touch the very soul of man. To view his work is to travel thru a world most of us would never see and to embrace the truth of the human condition. Each image is both powerful and fragile...and after viewing, the faces of those he has shown will stay with you a very long time."
19th June, 2005
Shootin' the breeze says:
"Some of the most jaw-droppingly, eye-wateringly beautiful and colourful photos that consistently blow my mind are taken, and sometimes tweaked, by Philippe.
A truly great Flickrer!"
19th May, 2005
"phitar blows my mind away, one day i want to reach his standard in photography, and look through his creative eyes, he is brilliant and will surely make a difference to everyone!"
22nd April, 2005
"Not many times you see the truth capture in it's simplest, evocative and most compelling way.
Phitar invites us to a journey into life, into knowledge , innocence, dreams and pain.
20th April, 2005
- philippe tarbouriech
- January 2005
- around geneva, between france and switzerland
- I am:
- photographer recovering technologist
- phitar photos