I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
Photos of Peter Levi (8)
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 73,503 photos, 3,768 members
- Fuji X100 & X100s night pictures 1,603 photos, 353 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 8,818 photos, 487 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 13,063 photos, 696 members
- Fujifilm X Square 2,435 photos, 216 members
- A Low Key Affair 277 photos, 222 members
- FUJIFILM X STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 18,590 photos, 1,007 members
- X100S FUJI - FULL SIZE PHOTOS 957 photos, 261 members
- Fuji x100s 33,720 photos, 3,601 members
- Fuji X100 - Street Photography 7,077 photos, 356 members
- Fuji X Black and White 24,623 photos, 1,097 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 69,454 photos, 2,110 members
- Tired of Tulips? 1,669 photos, 888 members
- streetseeing 429 photos, 77 members
- PopPhoto.com Photo of the Day 48,902 photos, 2,278 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 653 photos, 721 members
- canon photography 3,142,895 photos, 64,969 members
- The Portrait Group 2,191,707 photos, 134,453 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,686,007 photos, 135,812 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 118,345 photos, 9,896 members
- Poverty & Children: International 18,595 photos, 2,532 members
- the human condition 77,995 photos, 3,233 members
- B&W PROFESSIONAL 205 photos, 46 members
- Belle De Contre Jour 41,502 photos, 3,469 members
- The Defining Touch 7,941 photos, 495 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 585,156 photos, 25,851 members
- worldwide street photography 10,688 photos, 582 members
- Street portrait 26,233 photos, 1,734 members
- Cover Street 266 photos, 741 members
- Street Life 277,058 photos, 7,765 members
- Street Noir 594 photos, 1,253 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 81,881 photos, 4,039 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 4,224 photos, 3,700 members
- Street Photography International 65,934 photos, 2,842 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 17,829 photos, 572 members
- STREET ROMANCE 705 photos, 569 members
- Street Photography... post to topics (riffs) -read the rules! 3,115 photos, 2,072 members
- Street Photos ONLY 17,085 photos, 1,091 members
- Street radical 18,266 photos, 1,253 members
- Streets of mine 45,902 photos, 2,741 members
- Street Photography / STREETCA 8,271 photos, 663 members
- Street Shadows ( Street Photography ) 89 photos, 1,376 members
- Elite Street Photography 858 photos, 2,699 members
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION 4,446 photos, 1,325 members
- Smoking Streets 332 photos, 124 members
- Svenska Svart-Vita Fotografer 15,099 photos, 339 members
- Black Pearls (Admin invite - C2) 5,922 photos, 467 members
- Black Square 460 photos, 103 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 18,789 photos, 681 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 11,371 photos, 1,318 members
Thomas Leuthard says:
"I was in Stockholm over the weekend and for a preparation I just searched in Flickr for "Stockholm Street Photography". Most of the "intersting" photos found were from Peter Levi. So I wrote him a message, if he likes to meet for a walk.
Peter is a wonderful person and an excellent photographer. We had a lot of fun and a very good talk during our walk through Stockholm. I hope we can meet again in some other place in order to shoot together.
Thanks for everything. You made made trip to Stockholm (not only because of "The Hot Dog Shot")."
19th August, 2013
Michelle Resnick says:
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
10th May, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
21st December, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
21st March, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
13th December, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
7th November, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken