I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
Photos of Peter Levi (7)
- Galería WoodpaintinG 48 photos, 5 members
- Street Decisive Moments 153 photos, 98 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,860 photos, 58,035 members
- Spatial Conundrums 13 photos, 88 members
- Sky Meets Land 741 photos, 314 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 986,847 photos, 60,474 members
- Libro de Fotos / Photo Book 101,571 photos, 4,633 members
- Fuji X100 & X100s night pictures 2,362 photos, 490 members
- Fuji X100s Enthusiasts 12,517 photos, 638 members
- Fuji X100 Club - for photo enthusiasts 16,590 photos, 834 members
- Fujifilm X Square 2,772 photos, 224 members
- A Low Key Affair 591 photos, 284 members
- FUJIFILM X STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 26,076 photos, 1,285 members
- X100S FUJI - FULL SIZE PHOTOS 1,858 photos, 381 members
- Fuji x100s 47,067 photos, 4,714 members
- Fuji X100 - Street Photography 7,916 photos, 372 members
- Fuji X Black and White 30,736 photos, 1,255 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 73,626 photos, 2,211 members
- Tired of Tulips? 1,658 photos, 901 members
- streetseeing 420 photos, 88 members
- PopPhoto.com Photo of the Day 57,706 photos, 2,648 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 755 photos, 875 members
- canon photography 3,303,446 photos, 67,378 members
- The Portrait Group 2,262,594 photos, 136,829 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,832,379 photos, 142,326 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 120,838 photos, 9,962 members
- Poverty & Children: International 19,168 photos, 2,548 members
- the human condition 80,833 photos, 3,258 members
- B&W PROFESSIONAL 270 photos, 50 members
- Belle De Contre Jour 42,836 photos, 3,551 members
- The Defining Touch 8,574 photos, 551 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 612,216 photos, 26,427 members
- worldwide street photography 10,627 photos, 604 members
- Street portrait 27,558 photos, 1,778 members
- Cover Street 265 photos, 748 members
- Street Life 297,276 photos, 8,134 members
- Street Noir 606 photos, 1,281 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 91,712 photos, 4,318 members
- across the street: minimalist street photography 4,189 photos, 3,769 members
- Street Photography International 74,872 photos, 3,099 members
- Street Shots with Feeling 20,269 photos, 630 members
- STREET ROMANCE 647 photos, 584 members
- Street Photography... post to topics (riffs) -read the rules! 3,106 photos, 2,122 members
- Street Photos ONLY 21,341 photos, 1,362 members
- Street radical 22,364 photos, 1,498 members
- Streets of mine 52,095 photos, 2,986 members
- Street Photography / STREETCA 14,091 photos, 951 members
- Street Shadows ( Street Photography ) 88 photos, 1,895 members
- Elite Street Photography 866 photos, 2,928 members
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION 4,666 photos, 1,600 members
Thomas Leuthard says:
"I was in Stockholm over the weekend and for a preparation I just searched in Flickr for "Stockholm Street Photography". Most of the "intersting" photos found were from Peter Levi. So I wrote him a message, if he likes to meet for a walk.
Peter is a wonderful person and an excellent photographer. We had a lot of fun and a very good talk during our walk through Stockholm. I hope we can meet again in some other place in order to shoot together.
Thanks for everything. You made made trip to Stockholm (not only because of "The Hot Dog Shot")."
19th August, 2013
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
10th May, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
21st December, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
21st March, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
13th December, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
7th November, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken