I am not my work.
I am a photographer, writer, a loving husband and father.
I read a quote at someones profile that just stuck in my head, because it describes so well how I feel concerning bw. It goes something like this and if I got it wrong I appologize.
"When you photograph people in color you can see the color of their clothes. But when you photograph people in black and white, you can see their souls! "
AND this one..
"I suggest though, that if we strive for perfect, digitally processed images and prints, the further away we might get from our own fallibility and accident prone humanity."- Michael Kenna.
Be happy with what you got, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Life is a journey, not a destination..
If you are interested in buying images of mine you can go here:
Some of my Images are licenced through Getty Images,
you´ll find them here: Getty Images
"Amateurs talk about equipment,
Professionals about money
and photographers about the LIGHT!"
Photos of Peter Levi (4)
- Buildings/Architecture 825,608 photos, 33,100 members
- Architecture and Buildings 234,405 photos, 6,203 members
- B&W 3,000,058 photos, 147,831 members
- Film Noir Mood 6,561 photos, 12,607 members
- Highly Competitive - Flickr's 100 Best 92 photos, 5,133 members
- 10 stop filter 4,437 photos, 556 members
- Daytime Long Exposures 14,022 photos, 1,316 members
- Long Exposure Water 28,098 photos, 2,460 members
- B&W LE 30sec+ ND - Square Only 948 photos, 155 members
- Cities in B&W 27,550 photos, 1,129 members
- Abstract Architecture 23,971 photos, 1,813 members
- Architecture 1,153,565 photos, 65,522 members
- Details of Modern Architecture 65,878 photos, 5,581 members
- Street Photography World [Photos of People Only] 6,696 photos, 796 members
- Dark & Long 126 photos, 54 members
- Frame It! ~Level 02~ (P1/A5) 2,344 photos, 524 members
- Monochrome Magic 969 photos, 334 members
- Creative Street Photography 238 photos, 122 members
- ! !^Make Me Wonder LEVEL1" P1 Awa/FAVES 3 NEW CODES PLS 13,658 photos, 985 members
- Sky Meets Water 404 photos, 162 members
- Frame It! ~Level 01~ (P1/A5) 4,537 photos, 874 members
- Wired! 33 photos, 88 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 8,819 photos, 2,511 members
- Street PhotoClub 653 photos, 93 members
- into my soul - Street Photography (i2MS) 100 photos, 26 members
- The Face (invited images only) 9,927 photos, 4,697 members
- Administration Exquisite ( Red Ribbon level lll ) P1-A3 508 photos, 273 members
- Illuminations *see the new focus for May* (P1:F/C2) 4,907 photos, 298 members
- *Qualified Members Only* - Level 1 (P1 - A5) Sweeper Active 38,158 photos, 2,476 members
- Crystal Portrait 1,095 photos, 354 members
- This is Human Beauty 2,233 photos, 522 members
- *Photographic Style* " (P1/ A2) " 10,183 photos, 663 members
- Sierpes Street, Seville and The World 23,826 photos, 4,186 members
- Being themselves; The Portrait Group 31,127 photos, 916 members
- Scales of Grey 112 photos, 34 members
- Flickrs Finest Images - Level 3 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 1,068 photos, 541 members
- Trans-Eguzkilore. 24,538 photos, 2,034 members
- Beauty behind the lens ☆¸¸.•*.POST 2 AND COMMENT 5.✬*• 122 photos, 66 members
- *Photographic Style Premium* / (P1/ A2) 427 photos, 141 members
- Petit Musée de Kurt Peiser/ by Admin Invite Only /p1/A3 2,041 photos, 386 members
- Flickrs Finest Images - Level 2 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 1,936 photos, 735 members
- Flickrs Finest Images - Level 1 (P1/A5) Sweeper Active 5,302 photos, 1,130 members
- Fine Street Photography 305 photos, 30 members
- Just walking 23,715 photos, 1,499 members
- The D-Photo 50,275 photos, 2,045 members
- Elite Street Photography 911 photos, 2,150 members
- THE BEST WATERSCAPES & LANDSCAPES EVER!!! Post 1 Award 3 4,840 photos, 631 members
- Dragon Sword Award, L3 (P1 A2 Sweeper) 302 photos, 154 members
- Dragon Sword Award, L2 (P1 A3 Sweeper) 605 photos, 246 members
- Kurt Peiser Gallery*by Admin/Mod invite Only*P1-C3 7,501 photos, 989 members
Michelle Resnick says:
"Peter...you are by far one of THE BEST photographers out there. Your work is truly amazing!!"
10th May, 2013
stephen cosh says:
"Peter Levi, apart from being a really nice guy I met on Flickr, is a true street photographer. His work is instinctive, yet considered and very polished. He is a source of daily inspiration for hundreds of street togs and he's a real asset to this community."
21st December, 2012
Sigi K ॐ says:
"Peter, your work is incredibly good. This is an obvious understatement, but "how ?", i ask " do i do justice to this mans talent"...
Your black and white images are worth striving for and your eye for detail and composition make it clear that photography is a perfect marriage for you.
You see the possibility in a mundane scene that most of us would walk by every day and not care to notice. You truly glorify the 'slice of life' that makes living a wonderful journey.
I wish you more than luck - you are very talented and your work deserves recognition - but what is by far your most fabulous trait is your humbleness.
Despite your obvious popularity and good image stream you are polite, kind, fair and a loyal flickr contact.
With so many contacts or flickr personalities absorbed in their own self importance that they can only 'take' but not 'give' this makes you truly special.
All the best Peter - you certainly deserve it.."
21st March, 2012
"Impressed me about your work because you have a perfect control over the high lights and strong contrasts. His work is clean and completely clear. And I'm not even talking about his compositions, which I consider one of the best I have ever seen.
Your photos are a real lesson for me. I just hope to be smart enough to learn."
13th December, 2011
"Each photo is not just a picture but it is a emotion. The technique is always perfect and the attention to detail and exceptional. A photographer to follow. Peter is my favorite photographer"
7th November, 2011
- Peter Levi
- January 2011
- Stockholm, Sweden
- I am:
- Male and Taken