love is an endless mystery. my life is my art, my prayer, a hymn. i cry often because i am tenderly wired to feel all things. i sing out loud every day. my father is my muse. i am living my way into the answers. there are miracles all around and abounding. i want to be a better person. love makes everything else possible. i am grateful to be alive. my soul is my north star, my lightness of being
~ madelyn mulvaney ~
- Matrilumina ~ Beacons and Luminaries 49 photos, 11 members
- Bench Monday 16,976 photos, 3,903 members
- Squam's Meet Me at the Dock 59 photos, 34 members
- Womens Photography Blog 13 photos, 35 members
- Polaroid Addiction Monkey 43,347 photos, 3,004 members
- 'RoidWeek 2012 3,298 photos, 1,118 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,274 photos, 1,312 members
- Portrait of an artist 1,054 photos, 103 members
- Shoot into the Light!!! 19,141 photos, 1,986 members
- Cut Off Places 9,614 photos, 1,729 members
- "Black Frames" by The Impossible Project 2,584 photos, 383 members
- Portrait by The Impossible Project 4,648 photos, 936 members
- The Museum of Found Photographs 63,469 photos, 2,245 members
- calm in trees 7,610 photos, 1,191 members
- the great polaroid outdoors 938 photos, 42 members
- Reveal . A Be Present Retreat 134 photos, 9 members
- Photobooth Friday 1,964 photos, 672 members
- Flip Videos 178 photos, 72 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 25,318 photos, 2,188 members
- polaroid + food 701 photos, 150 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT RESULTS PX/PZ FILMS 2,692 photos, 212 members
- a polaroid cuppa 465 photos, 68 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 34,541 photos, 15,247 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,475 photos, 1,657 members
- the art of living cheerfully 3,511 photos, 217 members
- Buddhism - practice and philosophy 18,252 photos, 2,203 members
- The Impossible Project: The Re-Invention of Instant Film 4,053 photos, 188 members
- PX / PZ / 8x10 / PQ Silver Shade Film by The Impossible Project 18,895 photos, 2,493 members
- a weekend in march 53 photos, 10 members
- light-leaks 1,191 photos, 810 members
- Polaroid Spectra 19,886 photos, 2,246 members
- polaroid! polaroad! 50,661 photos, 2,686 members
- Hasselblad 229,724 photos, 11,423 members
- low-fi 60,379 photos, 1,746 members
- STOP-MOTION animation 5,862 photos, 3,752 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 114,683 photos, 8,110 members
- Time Zero Collective 5,894 photos, 432 members
- Polaroid ; 600 B&W 203 photos, 54 members
- focusschmocus 14,662 photos, 1,974 members
- Ireland 185,635 photos, 8,266 members
- #smilesfilm by yoko ono 3,669 photos, 3,664 members
- Nikon Sisters 17,051 photos, 422 members
- Polaroid Image Transfers & Emulsion Lifts 4,386 photos, 1,166 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,052 photos, 1,334 members
- Polaroid SX 70 100,124 photos, 11,467 members
- Shutter Sisters 398,965 photos, 12,361 members
- short film - cortometraggi 798 photos, 248 members
- Short Films/ Music promos 207 photos, 79 members
- I ♥ SX-70 27,756 photos, 1,348 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,531 members
hippy urban girl says:
"Maddie is a true artist with the soul of a poet ~ her photographs are pieces of stories, dances of poetry and brushstrokes of vision. I am lucky to have a small collection of her work scattered throughout my house and they provide a constant source of inspiration and always lift my spirits.
Experiencing her photographs is a bit like falling down the rabbit hole with Alice in that they take you on a journey filled with a sprinkle of magic and a dash of optimism and great big scoops of hope.
artist, dreamer, poet, teacher, friend ~ i am blessed to know her"
6th January, 2010
House Of M Design says:
"From the moment I saw one of Maddie's photographs my soul recognized this kindred spirit. That recognition was even more affirmed from the first moments of conversation with her. I thoroughly enjoyed her '~Yes!' course... which brought in an abundance of creative blessings for my spirit + creative self. I'm honored to now call her a friend and even more privileged and thankful for the glimpse inside her world. Her art and creativity speaks volumes towards joy + bliss... Something we all need more of in our daily lives! You're a true treasure."
15th December, 2009
Ben © says:
"Maddie's creative mind sheds a pleasurable light on this flickering screen !"
29th September, 2008
"Maddie has a romantic heart, and it shows up in everything she does: her inspiring words, her dreamy photography, the thoughtful links at the end of her posts, even her blogroll. Maddie makes me want to don a pair of pink Chuck Taylors, grab a handful of balloons, and race along the sand before letting the balloons go and watching them float away."
13th June, 2008
"I was drawn to Maddie (persisting stars)'s stream by her poetic touch- both with words and her pictures. She is a very good writer and an artist with the camera. She has the eye for things and it definitely shows in the variety of pictures she takes. With her love for India, I really look forward for more of the wonderful pictures from her. Her photos are unique! Take your time to enjoy!"
30th May, 2007
ian russell says:
"Words are not enough to convey how I react to seeing Maddy’s work, and if you have seen any small part of her work then these words are not needed.
If I would arrange all the photographers whose work I have admired into a pyramid with my favourites at the top, you would have to look above and beyond this to find Maddy. To me there is something much more than mere photography going on in creating her images, Maddy is a true artist with exceptional vision."
13th April, 2007
"through your eyes
the world becomes an oyster
in which little drops of time fall
and pearls they form
madelyn...what makes her photographs special is the way her own self comes through them. a blush of color, a pink of delight, an orange of love, green bangles, blue happiness, she takes ordinary, everyday life things and makes them stand out against it all.
little details, little surprises, there's life in every corner of her pictures. shhh, look closely, who knows, you might find a pearl in there :)"
26th March, 2007
"Maddy has such a poetic soul, and it is revealed in every photograph she takes and every word she writes. Her eye for colour and light is wonderful, and her recent pictures from India have left me absolutely captivated. Romantic... dreamy... soulful... words that describe not only the photographs but the photographer herself."
8th March, 2007
"Madelyn is one faboulous photographer and writer. I love how she can turn every ordinary scenes in life into poetic photographs and words. Her photos are all full of love and inspiration. I'm really touched and inspired by her photos.
I cannot really tell my feeling into the right words. Just spend some time on Madelyn's stream and I'm sure you'll know that feeling :)"
7th March, 2007
"You only have to look through Maddy's photostream to see what a very talented photographer she is, and her poetic nature shines through every one. She has an extraordinary knack of turning the ordinary into something magical and unforgettable ~ works of art, every one. She is also the most positive and encouraging person you could hope to meet. If you are contemplating a purchase, then have no doubts. You will never regret it! I feel honoured to count her amongst my friends, and truly inspired by her beautiful work."
8th March, 2007
Lorena Jurado says:
"Madelyn's perception through the lens is both delicate and graceful.
Her photographs go beyond what the eye can see and capture an emotion, a mood. She extracts the beauty in ordinary objects and places we pass by and sometimes overlook. Her photographs always amaze me in their creativity and vividness and they open up my eyes to the beauty that exists in everyday. She's a poetic photographer and inspirational friend!"
7th March, 2007
- madelyn mulvaney
- January 2007
- sea to sky vancouver
- writer, photographer, artist ~ creator of the persisting stars online photography courses
- persisting stars