Wedding, Portrait and Fine Art Photographer
Create Your Badge
- Wonders of Childhood 760 photos, 136 members
- Shamelessly Shirtless 10,959 photos, 2,630 members
- male & detail 3,693 photos, 1,568 members
- Portraiture Photography 938,179 photos, 40,331 members
- as beautiful as you want 570,000 photos, 10,215 members
- People and Persons 400,243 photos, 14,820 members
- Men...every one different. 56,064 photos, 5,386 members
- People in Black & White 459,128 photos, 25,860 members
- Handsome men 13,964 photos, 1,831 members
- iPhone 3G & 3GS & 4 & 4S PHOTOS 88,562 photos, 5,976 members
- People & Portrait Photography 69,077 photos, 2,930 members
- A Portrait Group 414,852 photos, 9,799 members
- Long Exposure 546,771 photos, 51,905 members
- Black and White 5,434,863 photos, 265,952 members
- "Women Portraits" 147,199 photos, 6,279 members
- Faces of Portraits 100,560 photos, 5,759 members
- beautiful portrait 45,635 photos, 2,242 members
- Portraits (Individuality, Imagination, Originality) 55,261 photos, 18,280 members
- Conceptual photography 263,306 photos, 15,431 members
- Pictures of Men 5,266 photos, 298 members
- Weddings With Style 11,982 photos, 1,270 members
- Gay Male Photographers 63,064 photos, 3,443 members
- FLICKRGAYS 52,332 photos, 3,275 members
- Babies Without Borders 19,098 photos, 1,565 members
- XPRO CROSS PROCESSING 63,582 photos, 4,700 members
- Powerful Portraits 85,734 photos, 4,037 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 564,283 photos, 15,874 members
- Child Photography 274,113 photos, 21,172 members
- Portrait Portrait Portrait (Read THE RULE).....yes because there 66,939 photos, 5,170 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 835,143 photos, 28,411 members
- Dog Portraits 29,249 photos, 5,955 members
- They Shoot Film, Don't They? 230,938 photos, 5,524 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,478,547 photos, 34,658 members
- Artistic Child Photography 147,941 photos, 9,936 members
- Black and White Portraits 22,777 photos, 2,277 members
- Natural Light Portraiture 126,545 photos, 6,657 members
- Portraits That Tell a Story (READ RULES BEFORE POSTING!) 122,722 photos, 9,307 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 353,045 photos, 34,614 members
- Beard, Goatee & Stubble appreciation group 15,322 photos, 2,515 members
- Faces and faces - H.I.G.H.Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y. 175,198 photos, 10,874 members
- Black & white portraits 307,278 photos, 28,783 members
- PORTRAITS - A Gallery for your Best Portraiture 462,647 photos, 21,275 members
- Dogs, Dogs, and More Dogs... 21,524 photos, 698 members
- Black and White CHILDREN's Portraiture 20,441 photos, 2,584 members
- Creative Child Photography 209,239 photos, 20,127 members
- Portrait★Faces 81,209 photos, 43,782 members
- Interesting Portraits ☺ [people] 450,741 photos, 21,552 members
- Medium Format (film only) 672,908 photos, 26,288 members
- I Shoot Film 2,122,767 photos, 85,739 members
- Portraits - 138,570 photos, 6,116 members
karolina michalowska says:
"this guy knows how to mess with colors. i love his cyan tendencies and that he does his photos like for a book cover. he also knows how to exploit the soul from his models. outstanding job, keep doing it!"
27th April, 2010
S Pipczynski says:
"Paul's work is nothing short of magical. His use of light, depth of field and movement engages you. You want to spend time enjoying every detail of every photo. I have never know such a talented film photographer whose work is straight out of the camera, no enhancements. It is a pleasure to know Paul and to have some wonderful memories of my own captured by him. Thank you Paul."
23rd January, 2010
Men as Art says:
"Paul Specht draws his subjects through from another dimension making their reality other worldly. It's an amazing fete!"
26th August, 2009
Vic Acid says:
"In the world of flickr, it's not uncommon to follow a photographer you think is initially interesting before gradually drifting away from that person's work as time and interests change. As such, there is definitely something poignant when one finds a photographer who continues to interest, intrigue, and inspire viewers and fellow photographers so that they return again and again to his new and old work alike. Paul is just such a photographer. His portraits provide an intimate view into his subjects' lives and personalities, even when they may be surrounded by other people. You feel like you are there, talking with them, listening to them, getting to know them. His subtle use of cross-processed film breathes life into still image, recreating the balance of natural and artificial light we habitually experience every moment of every day. His sense of the moment is of THE Moment -- that beloved vulnerable, intimate, exposed, over the shoulder split second forever held in your memory. His work is something that I personally look forward to seeing, experiencing, learning from, and being inspired by each visit I make to flickr. Thank you, Paul, for sharing your talent and work with us here!"
9th February, 2009
Carlo Ch says:
"There are so many interesting technical sides in Paul's photography: cross processing, the use of selective focus and blur, the careful composition of subject and background, that unique zeiss-hasselblad look. Paul's one of the few instances where technical excellence is coupled to an eye that is warm and compassionate, that understands what time and memory are all about. The subjects shine in his photographs. These are pictures to go back to after years and decades, in wonder and amazement and homesickness."
19th May, 2009
Tim Hurley Realtor says:
"WOW! I'm totally flattered and humbled to get an add request from YOU! Your work is really delicious and I can't love it enuff!!"
19th July, 2009
"there are only a few photographers that i am saying about: "i want to be able to take pictures like him/her!" you are definitely one of them. your portraits are amazing and really what portraiture shall be all about. i love your work, it inspires me."
21st December, 2008
"Buen gusto, elegancia, calidad, sentimiento............Esto y mucho más es lo que me viene a la mente al ver el trabajo de este gran ARTISTA. Un gran placer entrar a ver sus fotos. Sus retratos tienen algo especial, llevan el sello inconfundible de Paul.
Gracias por tu trabajo, amigo"
31st July, 2008
""So very talented. His portraits are breath-taking. If he is not already a professional photographer, he certainly should be.""
25th February, 2007
"He just added me, but already I have a shocking amount of respect for his work. In a field as rife with crap and cheese as wedding photography, his work stands out as truly artistic and insightful. I can't wait to check out more of his work."
18th March, 2006
"Photography is the mechanical reproduction of the physical manifestation of light. It is the triumph of technology over art. Or at least, sometimes.
Specht's images have nothing to do with digital electronics. They turn their back on mindless reproduction and the cogs and whirrs of the machine age. They are neither slick nor polished. They suffer from fragility, introspection and every self-doubt of the human condition. They have depth, they are real.
Every time the man brings the shutter down is another moment of truth. Its not alone an image in the view finder its also a self-portrait and a testing place.
Take his picture of Dean, for instance. The subject of a swimming man, reflections and a wood is well known. Others have passed here.
But look closer. Yes, the basics are here - perfect depth of field, lyrcial background - syrupy ripples and, of course, handsome man.
Engage further. Dean's eyes are shut. His hair and smeg perfectly groomed and is that an earring? Why is this man with a sleek carapace apparently swimming so close, and unaware of, the photographer? Why the vulnerability?
What is the relationship between Dean and Paul? Something real is here. There is truth, just as sure as there is a star under Dean's chin.
Is this a portrait of the photographer as lover? as friend? as voyeur? Are we the voyeurs? This is truth and this is, most assuredly, beauty.
If everyone of us could pick up a camera, and produce such art, the world would be a happier place."
4th February, 2006
- December 2005
- Hadley, MA, United States
- I am: