I am not a professional photographer, just a self-taught, unskilled, amateur.
I do scientific research for living. I am Professor of Economics at the Sapienza University of Rome and I collaborate with research centres at the Universities of Trento and York.
In my professional life, I am interested in investigating the motivation of human behaviour from a multidisciplinary perspective. My recent research topics include - but are not limited to - computer-mediated communication, cooperative and social enterprises, happiness, labour precariousness, mental and physical health, social interactions, social networks, and social norms. Please, visit my website to learn more on my research activity and possibly read my papers.
I also write two blogs in the Italian magazine MicroMega and in the Italian newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano.
In my private life, I am a passionate amateur photographer and I collaborate with Getty Images as a freelance (2 years renewable contributor agreement). Follow this link to see my currently-in-stock photos.
All of my photos are copyrighted and available for license at request to Getty Images. You do NOT have my permission to use any of my photos in any form. If you do so, your behaviour will be considered as a violation of copyright and you will be subject to legal actions by Getty's lawyers.
The blond girl you see in much of my photos is Alessandra, my beloved wife. Faves and comments are most welcome, especially if they address technical aspects of photos. Kind words of appreciation are also welcome, of course.
Needless to say, gross or crude comments that make us feel unconfortable in any way are not welcome. They will be deleted, and their authors will be blocked.
I do not like glittering awards at all. Please, do not post animated gifs or pictures in your comments. And please, do not invite my photos to groups where one must comment and/or invite and/or give award.
I usually delete this kind of comments and, when their authors persist in posting such stuff, I block them.
My equipment currently includes a Hasselblad 501CM and a Canon Eos 7D, accompained by the following lenses:
- Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 Ex Dc Hsm
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Ex Dc Hsm
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f/2.8
- Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
- Canon 10-22mm, f/3.5-4.5 USM
- Yashica Yashinon 50mm f/1.7 M42 Screw
- being (film only) 3,139 photos, 681 members
- фотопленка 1,635 photos, 608 members
- absolut analog 705 photos, 52 members
- SLIDE FILM (*Not Xpro*) 53,380 photos, 3,001 members
- Kodak Expired Film 16,455 photos, 1,421 members
- Hasselblad 80mm (FILM and 80mm ONLY) 7,960 photos, 495 members
- Hasselblad Vietnam 789 photos, 54 members
- Ingmar Bergman's 63rd Film 9,838 photos, 861 members
- analogica.it 19,146 photos, 619 members
- CineStillFilm 639 photos, 243 members
- film.means.something.to.us 129,286 photos, 2,986 members
- FOTOGRAFI E MODELLE A ROMA 1,060 photos, 140 members
- Thailand Rolleiflex Society 386 photos, 77 members
- Vietnam Medium Format 240 photos, 40 members
- Vietnam - Street photography 1,477 photos, 1,570 members
- Vietnam on Film 881 photos, 61 members
- Bangkok 65,808 photos, 3,771 members
- Bangkok Film 1,113 photos, 111 members
- #bringbackreversal 941 photos, 76 members
- Upgrade to Film 149,542 photos, 2,128 members
- girls on film 7,944 photos, 642 members
- 35mm color film 65,694 photos, 2,284 members
- 6x6 Film Portraits 19,832 photos, 1,589 members
- C-41 and other Color Negative Films 37,853 photos, 1,306 members
- / / A N A L O G U E /\ L E G S \ \ 3,064 photos, 385 members
- My Rolleiflex 981 photos, 115 members
- Hasselblad portraits 3,862 photos, 526 members
- Hasselblad - Only the Best 1,467 photos, 847 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 174,204 photos, 15,460 members
- Rollei - Italia 1,523 photos, 107 members
- Rolleiflex Portrait and Self-portrait 1,478 photos, 187 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 30,436 photos, 4,251 members
- Rolleiflex (120 Film) 4,843 photos, 301 members
- ITALIAN|FILM|PHOTOGRAPHY 7,672 photos, 229 members
- I Shoot Fuji (FILM) 308,110 photos, 13,339 members
- Grain is Good 287,171 photos, 13,123 members
- Film Vision 128,409 photos, 2,071 members
- Film Addicts 49,109 photos, 839 members
- Fanatical About Film 35,544 photos, 947 members
- Analogue Sunrise 72,786 photos, 2,037 members
- Analog Soul 63,598 photos, 2,165 members
- Perfect Imperfections on FILM 7,631 photos, 339 members
- MUNDO ANALÓGICO / Analog world 26,422 photos, 719 members
- 銀鹽同學會 Film Club 84,450 photos, 916 members
- Film Explosion 114,662 photos, 2,959 members
- 66graphy. 56,748 photos, 1,283 members
- Kodak Portra Portraits 1,665 photos, 370 members
- New Kodak Portra 400 14,688 photos, 1,633 members
- I Love Film 499,480 photos, 7,874 members
- Best of Kodachrome & Ektachrome. 2,374 photos, 164 members
Khánh Hmoong says:
"Wonderfiul photostream!!! Love the colors of your photos."
24th March, 2012
pjan vandaele says:
"I'm only a recent flickr user but a long-time flickr lurker, and Fabio is one of my greatest idols around here. Over time he has developed a candid-capturing and post-processing technique which I only can be jealous about. I would just love to take some photography classes from him...
He's one of those must-follow photographers here on flickr... and you won't regret about it!"
19th October, 2009
Foreign Roads. says:
"I have literally just finished look through your photostream and I wish I could describe the way I feel. The word most accurate to what I feel is INSPIRED. I have never been so quickly put in aw by photos before. Every photograph is a masterpiece. The colors, locations, techniques are just flawless. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given me."
19th February, 2010
lu 路 says:
"One of the most intelligent and sensitive man I have ever met in flickr.
You have just to look at his pics and you'll see how he feels life from within.
Fabio, I love you, my dear friend."
28th July, 2008
Milena T. says:
"A me Fabietto sembra di conoscerlo da una vita....ho fatto il tifo per lui fin dal primo istante.
Sarà perché nei suoi scatti ci mette pezzi di vita ed amore......
18th September, 2007
[ Eccentric bubble ] says:
"Beh,io Fabio l'ho "conosciuto" tramite il Morula [ si',sembra strano che il Morula abbia gente 'normale' tra suoi contatti su Flickr! =P ]
Mi e' piaciuto subito il suo stile : semplice,diretto,delicato,forte allo stesso tempo.
E ogni giorno che passa , la sua arte migliora,lui cresce come fotografo.
Quando ci mettiamo a dieta? =P"
11th August, 2007
"Ma non ti ho ancora scritto un testimonial? Lazy boy!
Fabio è una delle primissime persone che ho trovato su Flickr, e di sicuro la prima che mi ha emozionato con le sue immagini, con il suo racconto autobiografico non facile e la sua schiettezza.
Un giorno ci incontreremo, e sarà per caso."
14th February, 2007
"E la morale della favola è: l'amore vince, SEMPRE! :)"
10th February, 2007
"Le foto di Fabio sono una cascata di emozioni che ti invadono senza alcun esitazione.
Riesce a trasmettere veramente tante cose con scatti in BN apparentemente poco originali."
16th January, 2007
"Fabio ha la grande capacità di catturare scatti di vita quotidiana, ritratti di persone che esprimono emozioni. Mai scontato, Fabio entra nel cuore della gente comune e noi che vediamo le sue fotografie non possiamo far altro che emozionarci."
5th October, 2006
"What you do, is simply a good photography. This is the heart of photography."
28th August, 2006
"Fabio è una delle poche persone in grado di scrivere ché con l'accento acuto."
8th June, 2006
"Nice profile and a wonderful photostream, I like it"
7th May, 2006
- Fabio Sabatini
- January 2006
- fa.sabatini [at] gmail.com