I am not a professional photographer, just a self-taught, unskilled, amateur.
I do scientific research for living. I am Professor of Economics at the Sapienza University of Rome and I collaborate with research centres at the Universities of Trento and York.
In my professional life, I am interested in investigating the motivation of human behaviour from a multidisciplinary perspective. My recent research topics include - but are not limited to - computer-mediated communication, cooperative and social enterprises, happiness, labour precariousness, mental and physical health, social interactions, social networks, and social norms. Please, visit my website to learn more on my research activity and possibly read my papers.
I also write two blogs in the Italian magazine MicroMega and in the Italian newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano.
In my private life, I am a passionate amateur photographer and I collaborate with Getty Images as a freelance (2 years renewable contributor agreement). Follow this link to see my currently-in-stock photos.
All of my photos are copyrighted and available for license at request to Getty Images. You do NOT have my permission to use any of my photos in any form. If you do so, your behaviour will be considered as a violation of copyright and you will be subject to legal actions by Getty's lawyers.
The blond girl you see in much of my photos is Alessandra, my beloved wife. Faves and comments are most welcome, especially if they address technical aspects of photos. Kind words of appreciation are also welcome, of course.
Needless to say, gross or crude comments that make us feel unconfortable in any way are not welcome. They will be deleted, and their authors will be blocked.
I do not like glittering awards at all. Please, do not post animated gifs or pictures in your comments. And please, do not invite my photos to groups where one must comment and/or invite and/or give award.
I usually delete this kind of comments and, when their authors persist in posting such stuff, I block them.
My equipment currently includes a Hasselblad 501CM and a Canon Eos 7D, accompained by the following lenses:
- Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 Ex Dc Hsm
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Ex Dc Hsm
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f/2.8
- Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
- Canon 10-22mm, f/3.5-4.5 USM
- Yashica Yashinon 50mm f/1.7 M42 Screw
- Best of Kodachrome & Ektachrome. 2,208 photos, 150 members
- I shoot Ektachrome 1,968 photos, 152 members
- Ektachrome E100VS 5,655 photos, 574 members
- Ektachrome 8,048 photos, 642 members
- Carl Zeiss Planar 110mm F2 1,603 photos, 176 members
- BelieveInFilm.com 8,521 photos, 404 members
- Shooting Film 13,560 photos, 1,168 members
- Silhouettes & Shadows 69,473 photos, 6,016 members
- Aesthetics of Failure 8,959 photos, 8,125 members
- Vintage Analogue 215,940 photos, 6,414 members
- Greece and the Greek Islands 14,450 photos, 580 members
- Samos Island 2,022 photos, 268 members
- About greek islands... 11,073 photos, 551 members
- Dodecanese Islands 1,528 photos, 143 members
- Film_Freaks Δ 85,493 photos, 2,821 members
- 6x6 magic 294,093 photos, 9,040 members
- Medium Format 635,398 photos, 24,076 members
- Brutal DOF / 暴力景深 1,154 photos, 186 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 847,422 photos, 44,311 members
- Self-Portraits! 470,010 photos, 43,844 members
- -Portraiture Photography 6,745 photos, 363 members
- Film & Slides Scanning 26,161 photos, 1,424 members
- Film's Portrait 底片(胶片)人像 19,061 photos, 1,046 members
- HASSELBLAD SQUARE B&W FILM *!ONLY!* 21,626 photos, 2,819 members
- 菲林不死 film is NOT dead 98,252 photos, 2,357 members
- FILMISM 125,145 photos, 2,749 members
- 120 426,447 photos, 13,367 members
- 6x6. 199,570 photos, 6,003 members
- This is why I love Film 101,922 photos, 4,386 members
- 菲林才是王道Film Kingdom 49,349 photos, 724 members
- Black and White Film 325,883 photos, 9,653 members
- TriX Lovers 44,290 photos, 2,433 members
- Kodak T-max 100 1,528 photos, 183 members
- Portra 107,309 photos, 7,242 members
- Kodak Ektar 100, 120 Format 6,073 photos, 838 members
- KODAK PHOTOS ONLY 24,014 photos, 493 members
- Kodak Portra Lovers 33,767 photos, 2,096 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 44,933 photos, 4,620 members
- I Shoot Kodak Film 378,065 photos, 13,192 members
- Fuji Velvia 49,383 photos, 5,661 members
- Victor Hasselblad AB 27,206 photos, 760 members
- Analog Photography 1,295,273 photos, 27,917 members
- MEDIOFORMATO PER BELLI E BRUTTI 7,546 photos, 252 members
- Resistenza Analogica | Analog Resistance 81,892 photos, 2,111 members
- ROMAMOR - Ci vediamo al festival OCCHIROSSI! 77,812 photos, 2,740 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,343,074 photos, 32,950 members
- Can't Stop Shooting Film! 234,381 photos, 5,448 members
- Film Only 63,759 photos, 1,297 members
- .film.forever. 239,653 photos, 5,807 members
- Black & White Film Photography 288 photos, 1,072 members
- 6x6 Paris 10 photos
- I was looking for a quiet place to die (Brooklyn Follies) 18 photos
- I so look forward to taking photos of autum (with my Hasselblad) 18 photos
- On the edge of a Stargate 14 photos
- Drive 18 photos
Khánh Hmoong says:
"Wonderfiul photostream!!! Love the colors of your photos."
24th March, 2012
pjan vandaele says:
"I'm only a recent flickr user but a long-time flickr lurker, and Fabio is one of my greatest idols around here. Over time he has developed a candid-capturing and post-processing technique which I only can be jealous about. I would just love to take some photography classes from him...
He's one of those must-follow photographers here on flickr... and you won't regret about it!"
19th October, 2009
Foreign Roads. says:
"I have literally just finished look through your photostream and I wish I could describe the way I feel. The word most accurate to what I feel is INSPIRED. I have never been so quickly put in aw by photos before. Every photograph is a masterpiece. The colors, locations, techniques are just flawless. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given me."
19th February, 2010
lu 路 says:
"One of the most intelligent and sensitive man I have ever met in flickr.
You have just to look at his pics and you'll see how he feels life from within.
Fabio, I love you, my dear friend."
28th July, 2008
Milena T. says:
"A me Fabietto sembra di conoscerlo da una vita....ho fatto il tifo per lui fin dal primo istante.
Sarà perché nei suoi scatti ci mette pezzi di vita ed amore......
18th September, 2007
[ Eccentric bubble ] says:
"Beh,io Fabio l'ho "conosciuto" tramite il Morula [ si',sembra strano che il Morula abbia gente 'normale' tra suoi contatti su Flickr! =P ]
Mi e' piaciuto subito il suo stile : semplice,diretto,delicato,forte allo stesso tempo.
E ogni giorno che passa , la sua arte migliora,lui cresce come fotografo.
Quando ci mettiamo a dieta? =P"
11th August, 2007
"Ma non ti ho ancora scritto un testimonial? Lazy boy!
Fabio è una delle primissime persone che ho trovato su Flickr, e di sicuro la prima che mi ha emozionato con le sue immagini, con il suo racconto autobiografico non facile e la sua schiettezza.
Un giorno ci incontreremo, e sarà per caso."
14th February, 2007
"E la morale della favola è: l'amore vince, SEMPRE! :)"
10th February, 2007
"Le foto di Fabio sono una cascata di emozioni che ti invadono senza alcun esitazione.
Riesce a trasmettere veramente tante cose con scatti in BN apparentemente poco originali."
16th January, 2007
"Fabio ha la grande capacità di catturare scatti di vita quotidiana, ritratti di persone che esprimono emozioni. Mai scontato, Fabio entra nel cuore della gente comune e noi che vediamo le sue fotografie non possiamo far altro che emozionarci."
5th October, 2006
"What you do, is simply a good photography. This is the heart of photography."
28th August, 2006
"Fabio è una delle poche persone in grado di scrivere ché con l'accento acuto."
8th June, 2006
"Nice profile and a wonderful photostream, I like it"
7th May, 2006
- Fabio Sabatini
- January 2006
- fa.sabatini [at] gmail.com