Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- Flickr CPR 4,704 photos, 572 members
- The Red Eye 2,057 photos, 227 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 5,128 photos, 846 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 92 photos, 211 members
- Boing Boing 70,297 photos, 4,392 members
- Urban Omnibus 79 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 1,758 photos, 123 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 982 photos, 85 members
- Mascaron 1,281 photos, 30 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 8,688 photos, 268 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 70 photos, 8 members
- County Fair 6,641 photos, 543 members
- Owls in architecture 442 photos, 45 members
- East Village NYC 7,284 photos, 429 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 11 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,138 photos, 2,084 members
- Medieval NYC 5,463 photos, 369 members
- IVDS - Idly Vada Dosa Sambar 179 photos, 60 members
- Streetlife 111,467 photos, 2,643 members
- squirrels 65,481 photos, 9,782 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 1,492 photos, 281 members
- Farmers' Market 9,739 photos, 1,099 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,475 photos, 1,101 members
- Antony Gormley 11,345 photos, 1,824 members
- Rain 35,335 photos, 9,058 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 22,637 photos, 5,359 members
- Richmond upon Thames 6,226 photos, 243 members
- London Rain 861 photos, 124 members
- SOUTHBANK 1,685 photos, 171 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,763 photos, 167 members
- Your *ONE* Carousel Shot 1,089 photos, 1,161 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 29,778 photos, 4,347 members
- Sugary Sweetness 23,206 photos, 1,392 members
- Standing Stones 7,767 photos, 1,635 members
- Friends of the High Line 18,243 photos, 1,988 members
- High Line Park 3,378 photos, 371 members
- Guardian Camera Club 26,892 photos, 12,641 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,845 photos, 19,447 members
- New York History 4,103 photos, 306 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 415 photos, 46 members
- openhousenewyork 2,761 photos, 267 members
- flaneur 20,382 photos, 566 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 91 photos, 175 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 44 photos, 11 members
- Colour Chart 3,367 photos, 2,048 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 93 photos, 95 members
- The Eastern Shore of Maryland & Virginia 6,671 photos, 569 members
- The City as the subject 3,805 photos, 195 members
- Zalophus californianus (California Sea Lions) 463 photos, 90 members
- Help recover from fire and flood 294 photos, 411 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
25th April, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
23rd April, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
23rd April, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
18th July, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: