Although I have retained all rights to most of my photographs, if there is one you want to use let me know. I'll probably be happy to let you use it.
As well as ghostvision to which I try and post a photograph every
day week or so, occasionally I combine a photograph and some writing on Walk: slow blog.
Music I've enjoyed includes: Os Mutantes, Saint Etienne, Jorge Ben, Carter Family, Johnny Cash, Lee Hazlewood, Lee Perry, Alasdair Roberts, The Undertones, Charles Trenet, Serge Gainsbourg, Brian Wilson, The Buzzcocks, France Gall, Caetano Veloso, Duke Ellington, A Certain Ratio, Jacques Brel, Tom Waits, Nino Rota, Scott Walker, Young Marble Giants, Horace Andy, The Wayfarers, Calexico, April March, The Fall, Mo-dettes, Keren Ann, The Monochrome Set, Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Howling Wolf, The Congos, Funkadelic, Orange Juice, Aztec Camera, Can, Gram Parsons, Hi-Posi, Lio, Lizzy Mercier Descloux, Louis Prima, Ry Cooder, The Monkees, Parliment, Pere Ubu, Stereolab, Jack Nitzsche, Anna Domino, Scott Walker, hi posi, delta 5, The Raincoats.
Films I have enjoyed include: Playtime, Don't shoot the Piano Player, Mean Streets, Dr Mabuse, M, The Mouse that Roared, Passport to Pimlico, The Belles of St. Trinians, Philadelphia Story, It happened One Night, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Billy Liar, The Third Man, The Comedians, Under the Volcano, Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia, Tampopo, Modesty Blaise, Withnail and I, King of Hearts, Pickpocket, Jules and Jim, The Battle of Algiers, Mean Streets, Robinson in Space, The Bicycle Thief.
Things I enjoy: uh, photography and other art, museum, gallery and street, literature, time periods other than our own, "The City", the history of popular culture, reading, cuisine and culture, restaurants but not so much "fancy" restaurants, music, poisonous desert creatures, pack behavior, shoes, and cheese. It would probably be wrong to say I enjoy writing, but I enjoy having written.
Photos of niznoz (5)
- Flickr CPR 6,313 photos, 571 members
- The Red Eye 2,085 photos, 221 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 5,875 photos, 1,033 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 92 photos, 205 members
- Boing Boing 81,056 photos, 4,697 members
- Urban Omnibus 78 photos, 59 members
- Fire Island, Long Island New York 1,841 photos, 124 members
- Fire Island Beaches and Towns, Long Island New York 1,063 photos, 87 members
- Mascaron 1,408 photos, 33 members
- Pennsylvania: Its Other Cities, Towns and Villages 10,277 photos, 292 members
- Pennsylvania State & County Fairs 81 photos, 9 members
- County Fair 7,100 photos, 556 members
- Owls in architecture 483 photos, 50 members
- East Village NYC 7,404 photos, 438 members
- Jim Power, The Mosaic Man 30 photos, 11 members
- Celebrating Weird New York 12,406 photos, 2,078 members
- Medieval NYC 5,214 photos, 371 members
- IVDS - Idly Vada Dosa Sambar 185 photos, 62 members
- Streetlife 129,482 photos, 2,858 members
- squirrels 66,528 photos, 9,781 members
- Animali metropolitani / Urban Animals 1,646 photos, 301 members
- Farmers' Market 10,378 photos, 1,117 members
- Union Square, NYC 3,535 photos, 1,106 members
- Antony Gormley 11,859 photos, 1,844 members
- Rain 37,142 photos, 9,203 members
- Rain in the city... and in the country 23,685 photos, 5,467 members
- Richmond upon Thames 6,634 photos, 255 members
- London Rain 889 photos, 125 members
- SOUTHBANK 1,955 photos, 185 members
- South Bank Snaps 1,955 photos, 176 members
- Your Carousel Shots 1,134 photos, 1,180 members
- Funfairs, Fairgrounds and Circuses 30,587 photos, 4,407 members
- Sugary Sweetness 24,266 photos, 1,391 members
- Standing Stones 7,943 photos, 1,652 members
- Friends of the High Line 20,021 photos, 2,062 members
- High Line Park 3,724 photos, 393 members
- Guardian Camera Club 27,548 photos, 13,049 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,594 photos, 19,232 members
- New York History 4,395 photos, 336 members
- CANDY FACTORY - NYC 427 photos, 46 members
- openhousenewyork 2,903 photos, 278 members
- flaneur 23,256 photos, 585 members
- CRAFT Crochet-Along 91 photos, 180 members
- Superior Sewing Machines 46 photos, 11 members
- Colour Chart 3,331 photos, 2,036 members
- Colouring Kompetition Sketch Exchange 98 photos, 95 members
- The Eastern Shore of Maryland & Virginia 6,973 photos, 580 members
- The City as the subject 4,200 photos, 205 members
- Zalophus californianus (California Sea Lions) 440 photos, 90 members
- Help recover from fire and flood 310 photos, 410 members
"Don't know why I never say much when I'm here, but I really like this photostream. And today Mr Overbite made me chuckle. The bloke is amusing."
25th April, 2006
O Caritas says:
"Nick's photos are like an anthropological study of New York City, or wherever he happens to be at any given moment. Whether it be a billboard, one of his meals, a buddhist shrine or other remnants of civilization (often recorded as a square circle!), his photographs speak of life in the big city -- its charms and its absurdities."
23rd April, 2006
Runs With Scissors says:
"Why does it seem like half of Flickr is drawn to Niz's images?
Through his images reminds us there's always an image to be captured. It can be on a desk, the ground, a puddle, the sidewalk or a wall...
Obviously Niznoz has helped to define what Flcikr is about and has influenced others to follow."
23rd April, 2006
"Poor niz, living with the hard-drinking, wild-living, heavy partying Alphonse! Where he finds the time to take all those incredible photos, I'll never know.
He also does a superb walking tour of NYC graffiti..."
18th July, 2005
- Nicholas Noyes
- September 2004
- New York -- for the most part.
- I am: