I’m a published wannabe photographer. I still laugh when I think that someone actually wanted one of my photos for a book. I think what really happened was that they got close to closing time and they needed a few last photos and I fit the bill + I work cheap...
LiZ Editions' Pink Attitude... liz-editions.com/en/books/8/pink_attitude.html
I will always be a point and shoot photographer at heart. Even with my fancy Canon EOS 40D I’m still a point and shoot photographer 50% of the time. The good thing is that I now understand RAW processing and only shoot in RAW. Because of Tom (WtB (Watch the Birdie)), I'm shooting more in manual mode for portraits, which is challenging because I'm still learning what settings effect what. I’m learning more and more every week on how to take a better photograph, and every once in a blue moon I actually pull one off. My girlfriend Lisa has been good at being patient with me while I experiment (she’s my model) and learn. I’ve been amazed at how much looking at others photos on here has helped. I’m even more amazed at how giving most people on this system are about critiquing my photos, giving me tips, and advice – Thanks to all of you.
95% of my photos I'd say are pure rubbish - they're here for backup and my amusement... If you like them, you could be a twisted individual...
4.99% of my photos I'd say are so, so at best...
0.01% of my photos I'd say actually have some merit to them but your comments will be the judge of that...
I'm 100% Greek, 100% Man and Taken.
What I have in my bag:
Canon 5D Mark II <- LOVE IT!
Canon 40D w/ battery grip
Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
Canon 50mm/f1.4 USM
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM <- Love it!
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L (IS) USM <- Love it!
Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash
Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC
Canon PowerShot G10
Canon PowerShot S5 IS
Canon PowerShot A540
I use a MacBook Pro 17 to do all my processing
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
- Cooking & Eating 2,863 photos, 297 members
- Photographers from around the world 36,713 photos, 2,453 members
- The Sexy Tgirl Next Door 10,172 photos, 4,486 members
- Awesome Food and Drinks! 942 photos, 23 members
- LOBSTERS 2,758 photos, 887 members
- Cheese it! 1,726 photos, 36 members
- Monster Trucks 4,885 photos, 536 members
- nude railways, naked trains 934 photos, 1,574 members
- Feature your photo on www.caption.me (comedy competition) 925 photos, 493 members
- Latin American Cuisine 606 photos, 46 members
- Food Porn Photography 19,686 photos, 302 members
- Beautiful Brides 3,738 photos, 1,301 members
- Picture Perfect Bride 10,132 photos, 1,468 members
- Wonderful world of Portraits 8,446 photos, 1,589 members
- Roller Derby 38,373 photos, 3,975 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 289,121 photos, 15,819 members
- British Airways Flight Attendants 18 photos, 701 members
- Cabin Crew In Engines 18 photos, 697 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 9,812 photos, 2,281 members
- Florida Kayaking 787 photos, 44 members
- Kayaking 18,790 photos, 2,689 members
- Pho! 942 photos, 125 members
- amateur rugby 6,032 photos, 175 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,520,487 photos, 78,270 members
- American Foodies 1,957 photos, 66 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 26,571 photos, 2,402 members
- Pink Floyd 4,942 photos, 1,452 members
- Roger Waters - The Wall (Live) 500 photos, 28 members
- Cheer Heaven 1,834 photos, 260 members
- The Pleasure of Cooking 6,166 photos, 178 members
- Flavors 1,769 photos, 74 members
- COOKING & Co 2,664 photos, 38 members
- Food From Everywhere 907 photos, 32 members
- Food Swap 7,006 photos, 572 members
- Life of a Kitchen 33,626 photos, 3,495 members
- One eye sees the other feels ◘ Um olho vê o outro sente 168,048 photos, 3,806 members
- HomeMade Dessert Architecture and design competitions 7 photos, 378 members
- Golf - public group 32,714 photos, 3,412 members
- Eye Empire 26 photos, 3 members
- Shinedown 748 photos, 91 members
- Evanescence Fan Group 1,520 photos, 869 members
- Paris Plus 13 photos, 3 members
- Comer, Rezar & Amar (Eat, Pray & Love) P1/C1 130,693 photos, 3,260 members
- Finland, Finland, Finland 66,399 photos, 3,788 members
- Beautiful young women and their faces 26,530 photos, 1,574 members
- The Femme Fatales P1/A2 3,827 photos, 623 members
- A Plethora of Fish Facsimiles 4,495 photos, 361 members
- Elephants 20,859 photos, 3,928 members
- Elephants R Us 3,593 photos, 656 members
- Picturing Public Service 4,612 photos, 125 members
Digit * AL says:
"Nikko's got a great eye for creativity. Going through his photostream, you can get a taste of his photographic prowess and recipe. A tablespoon of light, several dashes of color, and gallons of heartwarming humor make Nikko's take on the world...one of a kind!
6th November, 2008
"Nikko does a fantastic job of showing humor in his photography. Just looking on his photostream can brighten my day. He is so talented and creative and looks cool no matter what color he changes himself to...(although the purplish pink one is my personal favorite!) I'm definately looking forward to seeing more of his work in the future!"
1st July, 2008
"Hidden depths, bemusingly philosophical for an American, prolific, energetic.... and takes some great shots... but y'know real men don't eat quiche babe!
I'm still English so what do I know..."
7th May, 2008
"Nikko has a great sense of humor which he shows through his photographs. He seems to have a great spirit and energy. His photos definitely cheer me up :-)"
22nd April, 2008
"I really have no idea who Nikko is. I remember I saw one of his Hulk pics in some color a few months ago. Then we did the inviting/commenting-dance, as usual. But, looking at his photos he just seems like a really nice guy, there is an air of just niceness all around him :D A lot of fav shots from him, definitely."
15th April, 2008
"Nikko has a great sense of who he is and his pictures show a great, lively spirit. His pictures of food make you hungry and drool on your keyboard. His pictures in motion (such as the newly posted pelican) make you want to be a better photographer. I get a real kick out of cruising his photostream to see what's next. He's a friend and a great photographer and I'm happy to know him. I can't gush enough because he is very humble and quite generous with his comments. So, if you have a moment please stop by and check out his array of stunning and fun work."
1st April, 2008
Ry Pepper says:
"Although I don't know him personally, I have a feeling if I met Nikko on the street I would throw him a high five. I love his energy and sense of humor in his shots. I always look forward to more gritty, Rollins like self portraits and pictures of birdies. Good times!"
10th March, 2008
alex image says:
"love the point and shoot honesty...... a good eye waiting to be refined.. just ike the way nikko talks bout himself"
7th February, 2008
- December 2007
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- My Point Of View
- nikkomyers [at] msn.com
- Yahoo! IM:
- AIM (AOL IM):
- MSN Messenger: