We moved to Beijing in Feb of 2011 with Amazon and we'll be moving back to the US in Aug of 2012.
I am photographer. I've been at it long enough that I finally feel comfortable wearing the title. But I've still got miles and miles to go before I am there.
I have a lot of other activities going on. I am a guy who loves his family and loves the outdoors. Along the way I attempt to capture the best moments.
If you add me as a contact, I'll add you back. I generally only get time to view my friends photos with the busy lives we all have.
My Photo Blog
Here are my favorites of Flickr in 2009 regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Here are my favorites of Flickr in 2008 regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Some that have been fav'd and explored by contacts and others.
And finally :
Most Interesting on Flickr River
The idea that photographs hand us an objective piece of reality, that they by themselves provide us with the truth, is an idea that has been with us since the beginnings of photography. But photographs are neither true nor false in and of themselves. They are only true or false with respect to statements that we make about them or the questions that we might ask of them.
The photograph doesn’t give me answers. A lot of additional investigation could provide those answers, but who has time for that?
Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but there are two words that you can never apply to them: “true” and “false.”
- I'm So Bershon 458 photos, 476 members
- Wonderful flickr world (No people) 12,467 photos, 362 members
- Elite Group ~ You are simply the best ~ §1 7,417 photos, 947 members
- This American Life • Theme of the Week 439 photos, 474 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 111,054 photos, 8,117 members
- Nikon D800/D800E CLUB 38,116 photos, 1,900 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Sleep' 92,996 photos, 13,311 members
- Tuo La Ji (Chinese tiller trucks) 103 photos, 13 members
- Beijing Flickr Meetup 16,642 photos, 983 members
- Top 20 Great Wall Pics - 长城 19 photos, 159 members
- The Great Wall of China Photography Group 1,580 photos, 342 members
- Mountain Loop Highway 172 photos, 51 members
- Beijing 北京 Photo Community 42,851 photos, 3,282 members
- Beijing Architecture 6,053 photos, 889 members
- Cougar Mountain 50 photos, 7 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [No frames/signatures] 39,217 photos, 5,013 members
- WAY Better Than Good 9,254 photos, 191 members
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West 324 photos, 75 members
- ASCENT 521 photos, 24 members
- Mountainfilm in Telluride 1,019 photos, 115 members
- Washington State Tourism - Creative Commons GROUP CLOSED 2,079 photos, 92 members
- Official Washington State Tourism - Group CLOSED 12,739 photos, 465 members
- Canon Powershot G11 55,670 photos, 2,705 members
- Strobist.com 571,862 photos, 113,725 members
- Marmot Adventures 343 photos, 116 members
- Marmot For Life 264 photos, 111 members
- Princeton Tec: Got Lights On Heads Photo Contest 133 photos, 86 members
- HCP SPIN5: Flashdance! 71 photos, 31 members
- Flickr API 802 photos, 11,698 members
- Shorts and Gaiters and/or Shorts and Long Johns! 100 photos, 35 members
- eyesaw 1 photo, 7 members
- Storm_Light - The Photography of Steve Skog 0 photos, 72 members
- Dawn Patrol 1 photo, 3 members
- Where Am I Now? 1 photo, 9 members
- TNAB 125 photos, 27 members
- My desktop wallpaper 40 photos, 26 members
- Peace Gang 32 photos, 14 members
- MOUNTAINEERING - 6,972 photos, 717 members
- Pho! 891 photos, 122 members
- standing there 4,079 photos, 576 members
- Adventure Photography 3,079 photos, 230 members
- SCCM 0 photos, 2 members
- NIKON D90 CLUB 634,511 photos, 30,857 members
- Robs Assignments 18 photos, 12 members
- Central Cascades Geotourism Project 1,080 photos, 83 members
- Alpental 218 photos, 18 members
- Back Country Camping 601 photos, 101 members
- Photoblog Favorites 1,145 photos, 117 members
- Self-Portrait With Moustache 640 photos, 112 members
- amazon.com 182 photos, 60 members
Buck Forester says:
"I feel like I know Mark just by visiting his photostream so often! He's prolific and his photos are terrific! I don't know anyone who gets out there as much as Mark, trip after trip after trip. He's a hiking maniac! I love it! His photos started out very good and they just keep getting gooder and gooder each week. He's always at the top of my "contact" list and his images are always a blessing to see. Rock on."
18th February, 2008
"Mark Griffith, a real person with an unreal amount of human energy. A small dose of Mark’s photostream could easily be a substitute for five rather large cups of strong cowboy coffee. Personally I’m unsure if Mark is one person, two people, or maybe more. I know two of me couldn’t do in a week what Mark manages to regularly pull off before his normal workday officially starts. Mark challenges me to not rest on my laurels, a well lived life is lived day by day, hour by hour, one moment followed closely by the next. Mark's hours are clearly filled with good rich life, a life that he openly shares here on flickr, refreshingly transparent for all to see. His photos challenge me to do more with my life, and I’m sure once you get into his rhythm, your life will be refreshing challenged too. Thanks Mark for being one of those members that truly does give flickr its soul."
17th November, 2007
"Mark lives the life that I wish I did. On the other hand, I live the life that Mark warns Miles and the others about. When I am having a crappy day here in Atlanta at my Jobby Job, I can always look Marks photos and they put clean air into my lungs (I'm 11 weeks a non-smoker). Even though we have never met face to face (yet! I keep threatening to make my way out there!) I consider Mark a great friend. I always look forward to his next adventure and the beautiful photos that follow. Thank You Mark! Cheers"
10th October, 2007
"Mark is my kind of dad. He guides his family on amazing adventures in a professional and relatively safe way. We had some backcountry adventures with our kids, but nothing to compare to Mark's. Have you thought of doing videos or maybe a webcam?"
7th October, 2007
"I'm mostly a lurker around these here parts. BUT... I always make sure to drop by and see Mark's latest photos. It's fun to follow along with Mark and his family as they go to some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Thanks for taking me along, man. :-)"
7th June, 2007
"Mark captures the best images of the area that I call home. Your photos make me want to lug my kit around when I'm hiking, way more than I usually do :-)"
13th February, 2007
"Mark makes me wish I lived near his mountains, was in better shape, makes me feel like I could possibly go winter camping and not die. Mark's photographs give grey and green and water and children whole new meaning. Mark is awesome. So is Stacey. So are the children.
I'm glad I stumbled across Mark Griffith."
4th October, 2006
Derrick Glenn Mercer says:
"If this is your first time to stumble upon Mark's photos stick around, you're in for a treat. Mountain Scenery, hiking, backpacking and general fun family stuff at its best. His photos will furnish you with a deep desire to get outdoors and stay out - at least until the Flickr fix wears off.
Thanks Mark. See you on the mountain."
3rd October, 2006
"Mark' travelogue-like sets make me feel as though I'm tagging along and always in for a good time! :)"
3rd August, 2006
- Mark Griffith
- February 2005
- Beijing, China
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Senior Software Manager
- China Griffith Family WebSite