We live in Seattle. We love the mountains and enjoy camping with the family. We lived in Beijing for 18 months from Feb 2011 to Aug of 2012.
I am photographer. I've been at it long enough that I finally feel comfortable wearing the title. But I've still got miles and miles to go before I am there.
I have a lot of other activities going on. I am a guy who loves his family and loves the outdoors. Along the way I attempt to capture the best moments.
If you add me as a contact, I'll add you back. I generally only get time to view my friends photos with the busy lives we all have.
My Photo Blog
Here are my favorites of Flickr in 2009 regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Here are my favorites of Flickr in 2008 regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Some that have been fav'd and explored by contacts and others.
And finally :
Most Interesting on Flickr River
The idea that photographs hand us an objective piece of reality, that they by themselves provide us with the truth, is an idea that has been with us since the beginnings of photography. But photographs are neither true nor false in and of themselves. They are only true or false with respect to statements that we make about them or the questions that we might ask of them.
The photograph doesn’t give me answers. A lot of additional investigation could provide those answers, but who has time for that?
Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but there are two words that you can never apply to them: “true” and “false.”
- ONDU Pinhole 214 photos, 118 members
- I'm So Bershon 444 photos, 475 members
- Wonderful flickr world (No people) 18,857 photos, 423 members
- Elite Group ~ You are simply the best ~ §1 14,273 photos, 1,030 members
- This American Life • Theme of the Week 434 photos, 467 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 212,733 photos, 10,782 members
- Nikon D800/D800E CLUB 71,089 photos, 2,464 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Rustic' 105,030 photos, 14,279 members
- Tuo La Ji (Chinese tiller trucks) 115 photos, 14 members
- Beijing Flickr Meetup 16,823 photos, 997 members
- Top 20 Great Wall Pics - 长城 19 photos, 168 members
- The Great Wall of China Photography Group 1,746 photos, 383 members
- Mountain Loop Highway 154 photos, 50 members
- Beijing 北京 Photo Community 47,321 photos, 3,520 members
- Beijing Architecture 6,377 photos, 936 members
- Cougar Mountain 54 photos, 8 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 43,067 photos, 5,232 members
- WAY Better Than Good 11,694 photos, 198 members
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West 331 photos, 77 members
- ASCENT 566 photos, 26 members
- Mountainfilm in Telluride 1,032 photos, 114 members
- Washington State Tourism - Creative Commons GROUP CLOSED 2,045 photos, 88 members
- Official Washington State Tourism - Group CLOSED 12,646 photos, 458 members
- Canon Powershot G11 55,627 photos, 2,689 members
- Strobist.com 587,226 photos, 117,273 members
- Marmot Adventures 320 photos, 118 members
- Marmot For Life 289 photos, 111 members
- Princeton Tec: Got Lights On Heads Photo Contest 130 photos, 85 members
- HCP SPIN5: Flashdance! 51 photos, 31 members
- Flickr API 798 photos, 13,851 members
- Shorts and Gaiters and/or Shorts and Long Johns! 100 photos, 35 members
- eyesaw 0 photos, 6 members
- Storm_Light - The Photography of Steve Skog 0 photos, 71 members
- Dawn Patrol 1 photo, 3 members
- Where Am I Now? 1 photo, 9 members
- TNAB 98 photos, 27 members
- My desktop wallpaper 41 photos, 26 members
- Peace Gang 31 photos, 14 members
- MOUNTAINEERING - 8,566 photos, 788 members
- Pho! 957 photos, 126 members
- standing there 4,238 photos, 579 members
- Adventure Photography 3,733 photos, 244 members
- SCCM 0 photos, 2 members
- NIKON D90 CLUB 660,624 photos, 31,279 members
- Robs Assignments 15 photos, 12 members
- Central Cascades Geotourism Project 1,049 photos, 82 members
- Alpental 219 photos, 21 members
- Back Country Camping 666 photos, 110 members
- Photoblog Favorites 1,134 photos, 116 members
- Self-Portrait With Moustache 616 photos, 110 members
Aimless Alliterations says:
"Mark was one of my first contacts on Flickr back in 2005 (or was it 2006??) when I opened my first account. I can't remember why we became contacts but over the years I've seen his photography develop and mature.
Through his images I've followed his travels around the world and his adventures in the mountains of Washington and farther afield and become thoroughly envious.
Our paths have nearly crossed a few times - we almost managed to meet up in Seattle back in 2009 and we've both been in Berlin and Luxembourg within a few days of each other. Maybe we'll never get the opportunity to shake hands but Flickr has certainly meant I've enjoyed his photographs.
Take a look at his blog too."
29th July, 2013
Buck Forester says:
"I feel like I know Mark just by visiting his photostream so often! He's prolific and his photos are terrific! I don't know anyone who gets out there as much as Mark, trip after trip after trip. He's a hiking maniac! I love it! His photos started out very good and they just keep getting gooder and gooder each week. He's always at the top of my "contact" list and his images are always a blessing to see. Rock on."
18th February, 2008
"Mark Griffith, a real person with an unreal amount of human energy. A small dose of Mark’s photostream could easily be a substitute for five rather large cups of strong cowboy coffee. Personally I’m unsure if Mark is one person, two people, or maybe more. I know two of me couldn’t do in a week what Mark manages to regularly pull off before his normal workday officially starts. Mark challenges me to not rest on my laurels, a well lived life is lived day by day, hour by hour, one moment followed closely by the next. Mark's hours are clearly filled with good rich life, a life that he openly shares here on flickr, refreshingly transparent for all to see. His photos challenge me to do more with my life, and I’m sure once you get into his rhythm, your life will be refreshing challenged too. Thanks Mark for being one of those members that truly does give flickr its soul."
17th November, 2007
"Mark lives the life that I wish I did. On the other hand, I live the life that Mark warns Miles and the others about. When I am having a crappy day here in Atlanta at my Jobby Job, I can always look Marks photos and they put clean air into my lungs (I'm 11 weeks a non-smoker). Even though we have never met face to face (yet! I keep threatening to make my way out there!) I consider Mark a great friend. I always look forward to his next adventure and the beautiful photos that follow. Thank You Mark! Cheers"
10th October, 2007
"Mark is my kind of dad. He guides his family on amazing adventures in a professional and relatively safe way. We had some backcountry adventures with our kids, but nothing to compare to Mark's. Have you thought of doing videos or maybe a webcam?"
7th October, 2007
"I'm mostly a lurker around these here parts. BUT... I always make sure to drop by and see Mark's latest photos. It's fun to follow along with Mark and his family as they go to some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Thanks for taking me along, man. :-)"
7th June, 2007
"Mark captures the best images of the area that I call home. Your photos make me want to lug my kit around when I'm hiking, way more than I usually do :-)"
13th February, 2007
"Mark makes me wish I lived near his mountains, was in better shape, makes me feel like I could possibly go winter camping and not die. Mark's photographs give grey and green and water and children whole new meaning. Mark is awesome. So is Stacey. So are the children.
I'm glad I stumbled across Mark Griffith."
4th October, 2006
Derrick Glenn Mercer says:
"If this is your first time to stumble upon Mark's photos stick around, you're in for a treat. Mountain Scenery, hiking, backpacking and general fun family stuff at its best. His photos will furnish you with a deep desire to get outdoors and stay out - at least until the Flickr fix wears off.
Thanks Mark. See you on the mountain."
3rd October, 2006
"Mark' travelogue-like sets make me feel as though I'm tagging along and always in for a good time! :)"
3rd August, 2006
- Mark Griffith
- February 2005
- Issaquah, United States
- Senior Software Manager
- China Griffith Family WebSite