Electronic engineer with lots of interests, including photography, which has recently moved up the priority list now that good digital cameras are affordable. I think digital is great - it matters less if the shot doesn't work! Constructive (not necessarily complimentary) comments on my photos are always very welcome; compliments are even nicer :-)
I used to say that I usually publish shots just as they came out of the camera - since I grew up with film I generally try to compose the shot I really wanted as I take it. That still applies, but in practice with digital I've found it's almost always worth at least a levels tweak and a little sharpening; so when I have edited a shot more heavily than just a gentle crop/levels/saturation/sharpen I try to remember to say so in the caption.
Present camera is a Canon EOS 600D, usually with a Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5 zoom. I also have the Canon EF 90-300mm f/3.5-5.6 telephoto, the EF 50mm f/1.4 prime, a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro (which I have a lot of fun with!), and a 580EX flash. I've just (Dec 2012) added a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 zoom to the stable.
I also have a Sony DSC-V1 (compact but pretty competent; see the red hibiscus in my Flowers set for one of its better efforts), now superseded. It's been replaced by an Olympus SP-550 UZ which is just stunning for its size and weight and 18x optical zoom. We also have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX-100 (mostly used by my wife), and I still have my ancient Pentax MX for "real" photography.
Photos of ndrwfgg (6)
- Darker + 6,252 photos, 597 members
- Bowers & Wilkins 340 photos, 130 members
- In Black & White 736 photos, 51 members
- Admin Help 2,043 photos, 1,381 members
- Flickr Frappucino 1,767 photos, 344 members
- Caffeine Planet 1,826 photos, 285 members
- The Official Norfolk Flickr Boat - Blakeney saltmarshes 235 photos, 97 members
- Fluttery Friday 3,034 photos, 353 members
- Flickr's Funniest 188 photos, 188 members
- Interestingness | Must be in Top 10 14,630 photos, 6,710 members
- Feathery Friday! ***Contests Suspended*** 36,049 photos, 2,029 members
- Quirky Stuff ! 38,211 photos, 1,697 members
- Photo Charades, A Photographic Guessing Game by Photo Clues 0 photos, 3 members
- Cambridgeshire 13,959 photos, 724 members
- Look up / Look Down 21,294 photos, 729 members
- Air Shows 167,384 photos, 6,158 members
- Flying 119,277 photos, 2,030 members
- Cars 284,643 photos, 3,760 members
Mark Hiser says:
"Andy's work shows a passion for photography as well as a passion for his subjects. You may find yourself putting on weight after viewing his photostream. I always have to get something to eat (that is not nearly as good) after I look at his images of meals he makes.
Andy is also so very gracious with his comments. You'll enjoy his photostream, I'm sure."
11th March, 2006
- Andy / Andrew Fogg
- October 2005
- near Cambridge, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- electronic/systems engineer